June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

H has been tossing and turning a lot the past few nights! She grunts and breaths loud during tossing around and it went in for two hours last night and two hours the prior night, both times after the feeding. She wasn't crying during the tossing though. Does anyone else's baby do this tossing and turning?

DD does this but she does wake up as a result of it, when she was smaller it didn't use to wake her just me - I'd be up all night staring at her waiting for her to wake up, by the time she really did I'd be exhausted :dohh: I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry if she's not waking as a result of the grunting.

Yep starlight Arthur does that too. I find it tricky but I try to ignore it and eventually he goes to sleep. Otherwise I spend so long watching him that I miss lots of sleep unnecessarily!

Róise is still not a great sleeper & is up several times a night. She's often up for the day by 5 if not sooner.

Poppy is lovely, Karli!

Joey, a friend recommended tinypic to me for the same reason.

I would like 3 children, but I think we'll end up only having 2 - childcare is too expensive & by the time we could try for a third, I'd be 42 or 43 so more risk of miscarriage (& I already have enough issues there!) & birth defects. We would still love our baby, but it wouldn't be fair on the other kids. We're going to start trying for no. 2 around my birthday next March :) my pregnancy & birth weren't really too bad overall. I find pregnancy tough because of the sickness, & obviously it's high risk for the baby, but it hasn't been the traumatic experience that so many of you ladies have endured.

So stressed tonight, switched dd to comfort milk today on advice from gp and she's in a really awful mood, she threw up clear vomit, is crying and screaming for the next feed and having a lot more than usual I don't know if that's her getting used to the formula or what, my health visitor is totally useless and thinks all formula is the same and won't discuss it. :(

I stopped bleeding at 4 weeks PP completely, however today (6 weeks PP) I've started to bleed again and having period pains. I'm exclusively breastfeeding though so wouldn't have thought it was AF? Or am I just unlucky??

Some people do get AF again quickly but its uncommon when exclusively breastfeeding, so I don't know tinkerbelle. I hope the pains aren't too bad.

I'm getting so frustrated that none of my old clothes fit and I have so little to wear that I can breastfeed in. I ordered lots of stuff last week but a lot of it looks frumpy. So many of the nursing clothes are nursing and maternity, so they have room for a bump and make me look 6 months pregnant still! :( Any recommendations?

Hope you had an ok night vaniilla and the comfort milk helps xx

Has anyone else started losing their hair? I go through this each time so it's nothing new but apart from having to lose weight I think it's my worst part of pregnancy/post partum :( I end up with thinned hair all around my hairline front and back and then when it regrows I have a ridiculous fringe of new hair all the way round which I can't do anything with!

My hair was so gorgeous in pregnancy I didn't lose a single hair and it was so thick. I remember thinking I should enjoy it before it all sheds :dohh: 10 weeks seems early even for me but never mind!

I need to ask some advise ..

The last 2/3 days Sydney has been grizzly literally to the point of moving her she would scream she's constantly tired not being her normal happy self .. She had a temperature but I thought was just the heat being too much.

Rang 111 in end and they advised me to go primary care as it was a Sunday took her there and everything was normal they just said she might be slightly dehydrated.. They said to go a&e and she can have calpol .. We went but it was a 4hr wait it was heaving with kids :( I didn't take anything with me as we rushed out stupid of me but I couldn't wait 4 hours at this point she fell to sleep ..

But she's still moaning constantly even in her sleep and whenever I move her she screams not a normal cry she does :shrug: just don't know what to do if it's normal and just a phase or not but the nurses checks were all normal

becy you know Sydney best. If you still think there is something wrong take her back to a&e. keep us posted, hope she is ok.

boo, I was going to order nursing clothes but I was at a baby group and a breastfeeding mother told me she either wears like a belly band or a vest top under a normal top so that she can just lift her top up and feed and he belly is the exposed. she fed when I was there and it was still very discreet.

Becy, I hope S feels better soon <3 keep us posted. H screamed herself to sleep in my arms last night because she was over tired :(

Boo, my hair does seem to be falling out a bit!

I just wear normal clothes for example; a stretchy vest top (the cheap strappy type) under a button up blouse or even a T-shirt if the T-shirt can be easily pulled up. So nothing too tight. And the strappy top means I'm not having to sit half naked at every feed. As it just pulls down under my boob. If you use a strappy top you should be able to wear almost everything. I'm struggling with dresses though. I have one Maxi dress that unties at the shoulders and that's it. Turns out all the buttons on my other dresses are decorative :haha:

I'm having less luck with jeans. If the legs look good then the waist is too tight. If the waist fits then the legs either sag at the knees or the arse! I think it's because I'm between sizes.

I'm still desperate to get out and do some exercise! Although I'm still bleeding and I'm still suffering with some lower back pain. I hate being so sedentary!

H slept thru the night 8pm to 345am. By the time I feed her, shower, get her ready for day, it's 515 and she's fussy! She gets fussy after being up for 1.5 hours usually.

Becy - I hope Sydney feels better,I'd probably take her to be seen again if it were juniper, but I'm quite paranoid!

Rhi and Boo, I like that method but sadly all of my tops are tight lol! I just wear strappy tops that pull down at home but need to buy some floaty tops to go over.

Angeloftroy- just buy some nursing vests that have straps you undo and wear them under normal tops and t shirts, so you pull your t shirt up but you're still covered everywhere by your vest. Or even as Rhi said just normal stretchy vests that can be pulled under the boob. A lot of the nursing clothes I've seen are frumpy or really pricey.

Henry had his 6 week appt with the HV today. Asked about the bleeding and she says it probably is AF, Im just unlucky! Definitely will need to sort contraception out now for when we start dtd again.

HV came this morning, Juniper is now 10lb4 and following the 50tj percentile perfectly! :happydance:

Angel, great news!

Timkerbelle, how unlucky! Hoping it's light for you.

I hope Sydney gets better soon becy xx

I havnt had ollie weighed since 4 weeks, have his 6wk check up later this week and will ask then and about his posterior tongue tie..

Sorry about af tink, i think mine is about to start too :( tmi but only when i wipe it's light but brown so old blood but will keep an eye on it, im sure the dr will want to know what contraception we will use but i havnt put much thought into it apart from condoms lol

I wish ollie would sleep through the night!

Ring sling tutorial links as promised:

https://youtu.be/jnsFymv_M8Q

https://youtu.be/5Wsh8v4AHT0

I tried to post a photo to show how G is sat in the sling, not pinned by it but the file is too big. If you want to see then you can message me on Facebook if you want and I'll send it via that? Just let me know :)

Ehj - are you breast or bottle feeding and who spotted the tie?

Starlight do you consider 0345 to be the morning?! It's most definitely the middle of the night to me haha. Arthur's night feed is usually around 0400 these days and I definitely expect more sleep after that one lol

Angel - fantastic weight gain well done both of you!

Becy poor little Sydney I hope she's ok

Boo, my husband gets get at 4 for work and I use to get up then on week days pre baby. Now I usually sleep in until whenever she wakes up (usually sometime between 4 and 7).l

Has anyone heard from Geralyn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->