June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Glad G is seeming a bit better dory xx I think in my heart I know we're done too I don't think my nerves would get me through another pregnancy plus I'm getting old x

Breast feeding mamas, do you drink any caffeine? I've been sleepy lately and want a cup of coffee but not sure if I should because I usually breast feed her a bit each day. Will the caffeine keep her awake or effect her?

i drink a cup. ds never has had any issues. I will say though dd had issues after. any drink with caffeine seemed to get her. but i think that's really abnormal honestly. ive never met anyone else with it!

Both my babies were 40 weeks exactly, no pain meds, first birth was back labor, but such a nice positive experience. at 9 3/4 cm they popped my water and she was born two hours later.

second was regular labor and after having my water popped at 8 cm he was born literally 20 minutes later, i tore, and i screamed like i was dying. i never want to go through that again, that was such a painful birth.

after having both types of labor, i'll take back labor any day over the front cause omg that was terrible! but we are definitely done. i'm good with two. i love my babies, definitely love all that comes AFTER, but i can't do the pregnancy and labor again. i'm cherishing every moment with ds knowing he's the last.

for the ladies with the bf taking so long and such, just keep reminding yourself it gets easier and they eat faster later!

:cry: I have been eating what I want since Juni was born as I've been so hungry and tired, I just weighed myself an I've put on nearly half a stone!!! :cry: I was already 2 stone over my pre pregnancy weight. :cry:

I don't know if I can diet without risking my supply. Anyone know?

That's really strange angel! I think you should just watch your calorie intake honestly. I can't remember what it's supposed to be, but look it up and just make sure you don't overeat. You can use apps like loseit to try to watch the intake! :). Then you can still eat what you like just you'll have an idea of what's going in

:cry: I have been eating what I want since Juni was born as I've been so hungry and tired, I just weighed myself an I've put on nearly half a stone!!! :cry: I was already 2 stone over my pre pregnancy weight. :cry:

I don't know if I can diet without risking my supply. Anyone know?

You can diet (sensibly) without risking your supply. Weight watchers and slimming world both have allowances for breastfeeding mums I believe.

I'be also put on loads of weight and think I'm probably at my life's heaviest. I am about to start run fit to get up to half marathon status again in time for next Autumn and am desperately trying to pick better snacking options. I binge EVERY evening though.

Thanks for the caffeine advice ladies! I picked up coffee at the grocery store today. I'm going to try to limit drinking it for those days where I really feel I need it.

I don't want any other children. My husband seems indifferent for now but I have always said that I want one child. It seems like there is such a stigma to only have one although I don't understand why some people think it's a big deal.

I'm a stone lighter than I was at my booking in appointment. I spent the first 17 weeks of my pregnancy being sick and my diet was pretty decent for the rest of my pregnancy.

I used to read celebrities saying saying they saying they lost weight because they didn't have time to eat and I thought that was a load of crap but I honestly haven't time to eat. by the time I've gotten breakfast for my oldest and fed the baby it's almost time for lunch and I still haven't had breakfast.

I binge every evening too Dory, Juni cluster feeds and OH puts a box set on and gets all the snacks out :dohh:

Boo like dory said I feel like the choice of future children has been taken from me which has made me very sad.

Truthfully though if it had been the prematurity alone it definitely wouldn't put me off - it was terrifying and so hard and I do feel an awful lot of grief for the pregnancy and birth I'd been hoping for, as well as guilt that Georgia's first weeks of life were filled with sickness and pain. That being said it certainly wasn't so bad that I don't feel like it was worth it so if more children were on the cards for us I think I'd view it as of we don't try they'll be lives that never were rather than lives that might have to work for it a bit more.

The hemorrhage though was a progression on Xander's birth and was very serious. That was made worse because I have ab+ blood and anti fya antibodies so it's not easy to source blood for me. I had a lot of anxiety all through the pregnancy that I'd need blood and they wouldn't have any for me. I didn't feel like me or Georgie were safe from about 20 weeks and I don't want to feel that fear ever again so I don't feel that I have an option.

I did lose a stone from my booking weight but I think I've gained it all back. I will literally eat anything that can't run away :dohh:

I just went all the way back to the day before Georgia was born and read all the posts from then until the day after she was born. It's made me really emotional (happy emotional). It really was surreal being happily pregnant and thinking I had ages left to suddenly posting a photo of her. I imagine most of you felt similarly when you saw she had arrived. It's crazy.

Dory - I'm glad to hear G is better today, hopefully there's going to be no vomiting tomorrow for her :hugs:

I really would love another baby but not another pregnancy, and the though of labour makes me feel horrendous. Realistically though it won't happen, I think not being able to do something/having the choice removed makes it harder for me to accept.

My little Pop is 7 weeks old today! And last night she slept 9.15pm - 3.50am! Wow! I feel like a new woman today!
13710054_10157178423010721_2653660787855403377_n.jpg

Cleaned my bedrooms and done two loads of washing already before 9am! Isn't it amazing what a little stretch of sleep can do?!

Hope everyones having a good weekend?

I got a good sleep last night too. fed Leo at 4.30am and then at 7.30am and my oldest slept til 8.20am so I feel good today, I was so grumpy yesterday as I was up from 5.55am. I'm clearing out my kitchen cupboards and am just taking a break to feed Leo then ill put him on his play gym and get back to it.

I haven't posted a pic of Leo yet as each Time it says the file is too large. anyone know a way around this.

Joey do you have photo bucket? You can copy a link from there. I can't upload from my phone either.

Georgia Florence was up at least every 2 hours last night and I feel rough! Not what you need when the days are filled with butlins and 4 year old mayhem :dohh:

Oh dear Pixie :haha:

Its good to get a good sleep isnt it Joey!

Thats all Poppy seems to want to do atm, shes been up since 6, had two 4oz feeds and zonked out straight after and slept allllll morning. I think she must be having a growth spurt!

I right click on the pictures i post on FB, and then click on 'copy image address' and then paste it in that little yellow box up there ^^. :)

H has been tossing and turning a lot the past few nights! She grunts and breaths loud during tossing around and it went in for two hours last night and two hours the prior night, both times after the feeding. She wasn't crying during the tossing though. Does anyone else's baby do this tossing and turning?

After I feed Leo he will grunt and make noises. I don't think it goes Inn too long, so long as his wind is up and he's not crying I go to sleep and so does he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->