• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Sorry tinky,no idea on the piles, ive never had them luckily!

Georgia doesn't grunt really anymore,but she definitely did at 3 weeks old. She didn't seem to be uncomfortable, I figured it was just a newborn thing :shrug: I think it started to reduce maybe around 6 weeks and now at our weeks she barely does it at all.

Tinky - Arthur is still a grunty boy! Exactly the same as casey it seems to be after his night feed but doesn't bother him at all. I remember my other sons doing the same and moving them early! I think reflux is over diagnosed - I tell this to myself too because I keep panicking myself A might have it, then I think k he's probably fine and go round in circles. I think as a mum you always wonder if I just did X or y, maybe he would be happier or more settled??? Real proper reflux like Georgia has is unmistakeable I think...

Pixie - wow yay for Georgia what a clever little sausage! Arthur actually was sleepier after his jabs and it didn't affect his night sleep so hopefully same for Georgia He was just very hot and so so sad when he was awake :(

Dory - yes Georgia looks so dark in your photo perhaps she'll just stay dark! Love what you said about never refusing affection, I'm like that too and as another mum of 3 little ones am also feeling stretched sometimes and worry on a night did I love on them enough today, do they know how I adore them, did I give them all enough attention?! Mummy guilt :)

I have a milk blister on my left boob !! And I can't get it off. The boob is also huge and won't bloody go down . Worried I'm going to end up with an infection etc if I can't fix it. Baby basically didn't sleep all night and cluster fed. So I think I have an oversupply. Never had a problem before =/

Rho I'd book in with your GP asap. I has that last time - gp numbed area and scraped it off - I then expressed in a hot shower and it cleared. Have you had a look on Kellysmom for advice other ways to clear it?

H still grunts a ton (she's 5 weeks). I especially notice it after night feedings too-- it keeps me up a bit after putting her down!

I have a silly question and I can't remember if I've asked before. When you ladies put your babies down to sleep, do you put them down awake and they just go to sleep on their own without crying? H seems so impossible to put down, especially for naps. I had to use the toilet earlier and was hoping she would be calm in her bassinet but I could hear her crying soon after putting her down (she was sleepy from being in the swing while I ate breakfast- I didn't want to leave her in the swing when I went upstairs to the bathroom though because I like to keep an eye on her while in there).

Georgia is really good at self settling most of the time. She hates being put down when she's wide awake but 9 times out of 10 if she's sleepy she just closes her eyes and goes to sleep. Last night I was watching TV in bed for half an hour after I put her down she hadn't made a peep but when I got up to turn the telly off she was wide awake lol. She drifted off 10 mins later without ever making a noise :cloud9:

I wonder if it was the 2 weeks in NICU/SCBU that did it. Xander literally didn't fall asleep on his own once until after his first birthday and it was pretty miserable a lot of the time. Especially over night!

Is she strapped in to her swing hun? She should be fine to stay in there for a while if that's where she's happy. When she gets a bit bigger hopefully she'll be more content on her own when she can play with a toy :hugs: try not to fret though hun - babies because they can't communicate any other way. If she's fed and clean and comfortable she'll be fine to wait for you to do what you need to do :hugs:

Pixie, how did you get X to nap or sleep for the night? G sounds like such a content baby when it comes to sleeping!

Tinky - mine have settled now but I had to go and have them looked at in pregnancy as I was in agony , I didn't get any with ds but no such luck this time! I was given suppositories and cream and it's really shrunken down, I'm hoping in a few weeks it'll be gone but the creams really do help.

she constantly grunts/squirms during the night, it's 50/50 whether she'll up as a result of it though.

Pixie -that's fantastic! I'm drooling at the thought of so much sleep! :haha:

Starlight - we put her down awake but it's hit and miss if she'll stay down, if she's happy she'll lie there awake and look around, usually though she'll have recently been fed, winded and held for 15-30 minutes and be fast asleep.

DS had blue eyes till he was around two and then turned a pale greeny/blue sort of colour with a bit of gold and it's what they're still like now, DD still has newborn blue eyes, I wonder what hers will be like! DH has light blue eyes and I have light hazel.

Just got this text from the health visitor - "Hi vaniilla, was just chatting to a colleague about anti colic bottles and they can make babies more windy with extra dribble. The mechanism interferes with the seal at the teat, might help her with basic bottles".

What would you guys do? I have 10 dr browns and 15 mam anti colic bottles, I don't want a massive horde of bottles and the dr browns weren't cheap :dohh:

ok i think i have everyone added to the front now!

our stretches are actually getting a bit better at night. he'll have a bad one here or there but he ate every half hour to an hour yesterday from 130-10. but he slept from 10 to 240, and then til 5, and up at 630. he sleeps a ton during the day too, my daughter was the same though, very sleepy. but i do believe she was wking a ton more and was still sleeping with me at this point. he's in the rock and play the whole night now. next week we'll try transitioning to his own crib.

Couple of photos of Georgia (hopefully they're the right way up lol). Aaron having a cuddle (his eyes are puffy because he's full of cold) and Georgia when she fell asleep having her nappy changed.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1468497282879.jpg
    FB_IMG_1468497282879.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160714_090305.jpg
    20160714_090305.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 9
photo of j from this am. i can't believe how old these babies are. i mean j will be a month on monday :( time is moving so fast!

feels like we waited ages, and this part (the fun part) is flying by too fast.

Attachments

• 13669782_10209808731951908_1959685360161937107_n.jpg
    13669782_10209808731951908_1959685360161937107_n.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 4
Great photos!

Joey, this is a bit late to say-- I love your son's name! It's the name I wanted to use if our baby had been a boy.

Lovely pictures ladies. Mommy that is such a cute picture of your little man!

Georgie was a champ at the Dr's. She she settled down as soon as the last needle was out of her leg, she had the drops with no issues (she has 2/3 medicines a day so nothing unusual for her) and was back asleep before I'd even finished dressing her :haha: that was 4 hours ago though and she keeps waking up shrieking in pain - both her little thighs are hot and swollen and they must be so sore :-(

Thanks starlight that's lovely of you to say.

We aren't doing too bad at nights. no two nights are identical but Leo does tend to go 3-5 hours between feeds. Last night he fed about 11pm and then woke at 4.30am and again at 6.15am. He is a grunted too and does spit up quite a bit but it doesn't upset him at all so don't think it's reflux, Internet said just an immature osephogus.

Mommy you're right about the time flying. Leo is 5 weeks today.

Vaniilla Arthur used to dribble terribly from the standard tommee tippee bottles but with the anti colic ones he doesn't dribble at all. That isn't why I bought them but is a nice side effect. So it's obv not true for all anti colic bottles and I'd just ignore them! It's widely recognised that dr brown bottles are fab for windy babies x

Loving the pics =)!

Afm- I'm feeling very disheartened with the breastfeeding. Like I know it sounds awful but I just can't be arsed =/ it's constant cluster feeding and I know it's only early days and if I stick it out it will be worth it. But I'm tired (45 mins sleep last night) and my nipples hurt! And I'm just sick of not being able to leave my house. I feel like a milk bag =( I fed her for 30 mins earlier. She fell asleep I got her in the car and drove to a local retail park. She woke up immediately and started screaming. I know she's a newborn and I sound like a brat but my boys never did this. They were soothed by the pram. So yeah we had to go straight home =( same thing the other day on the school run. She won't take a dummy either.

Just think I needed to have moan tbh. =(

Big massive hugs Rhi. It's totally tough and torturous on so little sleep :( Tomorrow's another day.... Could you buy a big drapey type nursing cover so that you could sit in the corner of a cafe and feed her out at the retail park or shopping so that you don't have to go home? Mine were the same, appearing to be starving hungry after feeding for 1hr and draining my boobs dry just before going out....I have no answers but I'm sure the pro breastfeeders on here will say something a bit more useful than me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->