June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Can't sleep tonight. Partly due to the heat and partly due to this one slurping away in the corner.

Very cute photo of Arthur!

Attachments

• IMG_20160818_200351.jpg
    IMG_20160818_200351.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 4
So we tried without the dream feed last night and I'm not sure what's better

Usual routine - asleep in bed by 7.30pm, husband gives dream feed at 11-11.30 pm ish, wakes around 4.30 for feed, wakes around 7.30 for day

Last night - asleep in bed by 7.30pm, woke at 3am for feed, woke at 6am hungry for the day

I'm thinking we'll stick with the dream feed maybe. This child is seemingly never sleeping through!

Gorgeous pic of Georgia xxx

Beautiful pics of Arthur & Georgia :)

Yeah seems like the dream feed is worth it for that later start to the day Boo! Róise didn't go down til 11 last night & was up before 4.30 - unusually, I didn't hear her but luckily DH did!

Arthur is a beauty Boo.
Georgia looks so cute sucking her thumb Dory.
I am hoping N finds her thumb. She is a sucker and trying to fit a fist in her mouth just doesn't work! Lol

We had the longest sleep so far last night. Asleep at 9pm, dream feed at about 11pm when I went to bed. She didn't wake up until 5.50am. Had a feed and is asleep now!
I can't dare to hope it continues as my other two little ones were terrible sleepers as babies. I'm worried it will all change.

I too have loved summer holidays and I've done so much with the children. I am ready for routine though.
DS2 turns 6 next week and then the week after DD1 starts school too. I'm going to miss them, DD especially as we won't have the time together like we whilst she was at pre-school. However, I am looking forward to spending some time just me and baby.

For the UK ladies enjoy the hot weather today. It's set to be a scorcher. Xx

All the other ladies, enjoy your day too obviously! Xx

I'm an early bird so I'd definitely go with no dream feed! I can't imagine George ever going down before 9pm lol. Things change so fast though.

Lovely pics boo and dory! Georgie sucks her fingers and the pad of her thumb. She can't get her thumb in yet but I'm sure she'll be a thumb sucker. She's quite a lot younger than Georgia Lauren yet so hopefully she'll get there soon.

She seemed fine by morning thankfully :) I'm not sure if it was just her medicines/supplements sitting funny on her tummy. I stopped giving them to her while she had thrush because they were hurting her so she hadn't had them for a week or so. Not sure but I'll give them to her during the day instead of bed time for a little while to make sure she's fine
We spent the day at the park yesterday- my sister got a fab pic of little miss :)

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/jaclynford13/IMG-20160823-WA0041_zps3iwnapba.jpg

We've done tons with Xander already and he's got lots coming up - park and fair yesterday. Beach on Friday, gullivers world at weekend and then a park/farm/fair place next week.

There's a theme park in Wales I'm desperate to take him to too bt I don't think we'll find the time.

Honestly though I'm looking forward to school starting so I can spend a bit of time with Georgie. Xander is so full on and she's so content she's been very much left to herself a lot of the time.

Gorgeous picture Pixie. Glad she is feeling better.

I feel like Nellie has been a little neglected. Spending so much time occupying the older ones and then trying to keep the house up to scratch means she has to spend some time in the swing/play mat.
I'm looking forward to baby snuggles and uninterrupted time with her.

H found her thumb a few weeks ago and I think it's what helped her sleep thru the past few weeks. Sleeping thru ended last night :(. She woke at 1am. She went back to sleep after eating but I couldn't fall asleep. We got up at 530 today but I only slept from 4-5. She also won't nap in her crib. She never does at home but I was hoping for a nap so i tried.

We did do no sleep sack last night. I wonder if her waking is related to not wearing it. She usually wears onesie with sleep sack. Last night we did a feetless sleeper. I'm thinking to try a footed one tonight in case her feet were cold.

Boo. I would skip the dream feed because I have problems getting back to sleep (like what happened last night). But if you or your husband are already awake, it doesn't sound too bad as long as A stays sleeping!

Sorry so short... Typing and holding h lol

Starlight my husband is usually still up then so that's why dream feeding works for us and A stays asleep through it. He doesn't take much but it seems to stretch him out a bit so we'll stick with it for now. Eventually when the kids are back at school and things we might drop it and go for earlier mornings...

Wow what a stunning picture of Georgia!

Gorgeous pictures everyone

Im feeling poorly..is just one lemsip okay when breastfeeding?

Beautiful pic Pixie!

I don't know Tinkerbelle - get well soon!

Gorgeous pictures everyone

Im feeling poorly..is just one lemsip okay when breastfeeding?

The decongestant part is what's risky to your milk because it dries that up as well as drying up your mucus/snot. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Tink - I too wouldn't risk it, I'd take some paracetamol and a hot cup of tea with lemon, I hope you feel better soon.

Lovely photos :cloud9:

I got all of DS' school stuff ironed and put away ready for school today, I can relax now!

Not much to report here. Ethan's behaviour for the most part has settled down, he still attempts to push boundaries but is easier now to settle down. Leo is brilliant. He still sleeps most of the day but is having a little more awake time. He must be having a growth spurt at the minute as he is feeding every two hours during the day when normally he would go 3-5 hours. I'm still exclusively breastfeeding and I'm so hope. No pumping, no shields, just regular breastfeeding, something I never though was possible.

Ethan starts p1 next week. My heart is broke, feels like just yesterday he came home from hospital. He is such a wee site and loves his wee brother. I'll miss him so much but will enjoy time just me and baby and I think it means I can solely dedicate more of my time to him when school is over for the day.

I think this is a pic of me and my boys (if it has worked).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 6
Vanilla I haven't even started buying uniform :dohh: I can't believe you're finished already - I'm so jealous!

Joey that's great news about Ethans behaviour. Have you been trying anything new to settle him down? We've just started a 1 minute countdown timer with Xander. He has to stand still and quiet until the timer gets to 0 and it's helped a lot so far although we often have to start over a few times before he can manage it.

Is this Ethans first time at school? He's in the same school year as Xander and he's been in school a year already. Don't be sad :hugs: it takes such a little while to get used to it and he'll have a wonderful time. There's still loads of day left after school and I love the routine of if (I'm such a div when it comes to routines so we don't have any lol)

Beautiful pic! Ethan looks so much like you :)

Georgia slept 10-6 again :dance: but she half woke at 5 so I ended up say on the edge of my bed watching her wriggle and moan every minute or so for 25 minutes :dohh: then she just went back to sleep without needing me. It's like a whole new world after Xander lol

She giggled!!! We've been trying to get a little giggle out of her for a week or so and she's been soooo close. Last night she was playing on her play may and she did it twice. To her own reflection in a mirror. After all that effort we put in she just laughed at herself. Little turd :haha:

How have you not started! I would be twitching and climbing the walls :haha: if I don't do things early I end up worrying over it.

That's great news on the sleep :) it's so cute that she's giggling :cloud9:

joey - beautiful photo of you three, I'm really happy to hear bf is going so well.

AFM - DD now sleeps 12-4, is awake for 15 minutes for a feed and then wakes at 7:30 for a feed and then goes back to sleep till 9, it feels amazing to be sleeping good stretches, ds at this age was still waking up every 2 hours!

we're off camping tomorrow and the weather is a bit pants, it's making me glad we'll be in a pod and not a tent :haha:

will have to do a proper catch up later, we've been running out the door so much lately first thing in the am i haven't been able to really do anything with bnb or anything else actually.

J didn't sleep so hot last night either, he seems to be desperately be trying to find his thumb to suck. (which i'm ok with rather than every five minutes losing a pacifier if he can suck that instead and get comfort) but he can't seem to really find it and be comforted by it? will that just come later? dd never wanted her thumb. so i don't know how the thumb stuff works. anyone any insight? he's 10 weeks this saturday and i know he's not sleeping quite as well right now because he's transitioning here with the sleeping stuff. He wants to be attached to the boob to sleep during the day and sometimes it's just not possible. is there anything i can do to help him find his thumb? or should i just stick to the pacifier? pacifier is all i know.

will have to do a proper catch up later, we've been running out the door so much lately first thing in the am i haven't been able to really do anything with bnb or anything else actually.

J didn't sleep so hot last night either, he seems to be desperately be trying to find his thumb to suck. (which i'm ok with rather than every five minutes losing a pacifier if he can suck that instead and get comfort) but he can't seem to really find it and be comforted by it? will that just come later? dd never wanted her thumb. so i don't know how the thumb stuff works. anyone any insight? he's 10 weeks this saturday and i know he's not sleeping quite as well right now because he's transitioning here with the sleeping stuff. He wants to be attached to the boob to sleep during the day and sometimes it's just not possible. is there anything i can do to help him find his thumb? or should i just stick to the pacifier? pacifier is all i know.

In my experience they either want their thumb or they don't. Sophie wouldn't entertain a dummy or her thumb. It took G a few days to realise it was there after sucking her hands so there's still time.

he sucks the fist and tries hard for the thing and then just ends up crying. wish he'd just suck it and be content lol

Pixie the difference seemed to be is following through on threats and not making threats that he knew we weren't going to carry out. For example I would have said if this behaviour can't bro yes we aren't goi g to granny's when he knew rightly we would still go coz sometimes it is the only thing keeps me sane.

We also tell him if he keeps it up he is getting put in his room. Rarely did we follow through on this but by doing it once or twice he now knows the threat is real. We also have the reward chart which comes into play every so often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->