June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

I wish we had a big tesco nearby but it's all the way in Bristol and traffic is pants going that way.

DD has her injections tomorrow, I'm dreading it and I won't even be present :argh:

Sainsburys are slimmer too - and lovely quality!

Last night's sleeping through was amazing. Of course the universe does like to shit on us so tonight Georgia is instead projectile vomiting :-( poor bugger was still fast asleep. She's puked through her sleepsuit, sleeping bag sheet and her mattress.

She's had a bath before bed and now sticks of puke and Xander has an eye test at 8.55am. Bum.

Poor G :(

Poppy fits nicely into 0-3, and probably will be for a little while. She weighs 12.12oz now, but she is short and fat like me and her sister haha. She also still fits into a lot of older clothes but they're all rompers so they fit her perfectly still because there is not limited leg room.

Nothing much going on here. Poppy still hasn't had her 8 week injections for various reasons, but I tried to book her this week and they said they only do it on Tue so I have to wait until next week now. She will be 12 weeks old.

Is anyone else really looking forward to the older kids going back to school? I feel guilty of saying that, but my older two are bored now. They're eating me out of house and home. Poppy naps so much better when they're not here too. Life is pretty hectic with all three at home, no shop, no car and just nothing to do in this teeny little village. I like school runs and the routine of it all.

Poppy continues to sleep through the night, she is suffering terribly with eczema now though on her cheeks, wrists and elbows. I feel sorry for the poor little munch. Along with hating her cot, she absolutely hates being on her tummy! Anyone else's baby hate tummy time?!

Both boys hated tummy time!

Im looking forward to DS1 starting school in a fortnight. Hes been very bored as well as Im in a similar situation with not driving and there not being a lot to do nearby.

Were buying his uniform tomorrow... How many of each clothing item should we buy? We have to buy the specific school polo tops ect which are about 7 quid each so not as cheap as getting plain ones from normal shops. Is it best to get 5 of each item so you can hang them all out at the start of the week?

I always buy lots of polos, enough for a clean one every day. Then 4 pairs of trousers, pair of shorts, 2/3 jumpers. :)

My son hated tummy time, but he crawled at 5 months so it didn't hinder him any! Juni likes it for a short time as long as I am down next to her and singing/talking the whole time.

Tink - we have 5 jumpers but only one is new as they sell them at the summer fete for £1 each, in the shop they're £13 each. Whatever happened to schools selling badges you could sew on ? I hate being limited to buying a new jumper from only one shop for a stupid amount. 5 pairs of trousers and around 15 pairs of polos, DS gets bleach proof stains on them like nobody's business so I have to periodically throw them out. I wash everything on the Friday and iron on the Saturday or Sunday.

Pixie - Poor G, I hope it was a 24 hour bug and she's back to her normal self tonight :hugs:

DH said injections went well, she's fast asleep now, so far so good. We're off on our holiday on Friday, knowing my luck the weather will be pants!

I'm looking forward to him going to school too but I will miss him, I quite like having him at home for cuddles.

Aw poor Georgia! Hope she feels better soon

Tummy time is okay here, after a few minutes he gets cranky and wants to be picked back up, depends on his mood

Aw Pixie, poor Georgia, I hope it was short lived & she's fine now.

Róise is not a great fan of tummy time. She'll do a few minutes. However she sometimes likes sleeping on her tummy (like her mummy which has led to neck problems & migraines for me so I'll try to keep her away from that position!).

Ooh Vaniilla, I see your new graphic - exciting! Good luck! Glad LOs injections went well.

I think Róise has just gone through a growth spurt as she was eating loads & was quite unsettled. After that lovely 7.5 hours, the past two nights haven't been great - last night she technically did some good stretches, down about 10.30 & up at 3.15 for a feed then I didn't get up with her til 6.30am, but she scruffled intermittently from about 1.30am, so my sleep was quite disturbed. She's now snoozing away on me, my cute darling.

We have a couple of tesco babygros too; I like them, they're a nice fit all right :)

Here's a pic of her on Sunday - she was included in the Thanksgiving for Babies service at our church so this was her gift from us :)

Attachments

• 20160821_102705.jpg
    20160821_102705.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8
Has anyone been having the phantom baby kicks? So weird!

Yep its a big annoyance having to get all the specific school stuff. Especially when you see packs of 3 plain school polos for 2 quid in supermarkets! All of his school bits is totalling up to over £200 :wacko:

Squig - gorgeous photo! I love her cushion too :) I hope you're able to have more settled sleep tonight.

Sorry to hear about Georgia Florence. It's awful when they're poorly, especially when they're so little.

Sleep has got much better her for nearly a week now. Georgia found her thumb and every night since gas done a 7 or 8 hour stretch because she just sticks it in her mouth when she starts stirring.

Her hernia has almost completely gone back in now too.

I've started running again in an attempt to shift some weight. It would appear I've lost all muscle in my ankles and hips because I ran just over 3 miles yesterday and I ache so much today lol!

I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that she's not a newborn anymore... Sob!

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/Melon1687/IMG_20160823_180724_zpsucl5pk1o.jpg

She's so cute Angel!

Dory that's great about the sleep. Good luck with the running! My knees are wrecked since I gave birth; I don't really know why as I didn't have any big problems when pregnant (& heavier!)

I actually fitted into a pre-pregnancy skirt yesterday! Still quite a way to go but pleased to obviously be making some progress in the right direction :)

Dory - that's great news on the hernia, I hope it stays in for good now.
3 miles is impressive to me! I would ache after just walking that distance!

Angel - she's so adorable!

My stomach isn't letting me get into many of my pre-pregnancy tops :( I'm not thinking about my figure at all, it's just too depressing even though I'm pretty much pre-pregnancy weight I still look pregnant.

Lovely updates today!

Róise and Juniper are looking super gorgeous <3

Hope Georgia Florence is better today bless her heart

Am very impressed with Georgia Lauren sleeping through! I'm so hoping Arthur finds his thumb. I've nothing against dummies as both my others had them and I got rid of them at 2 with no problems. Arthur will take one but isn't that bothered. He is constantly (and I mean constantly!) sucking his fist and fingers at the moment. He is desperate to get his thumb but can't quite manage it. You've made me feel hopeful he might still manage as most have said he'd have done it by now if he was going to be a thumb sucker...

I'm the opposite and dreading school starting. My biggest goes into reception. He's already been in the school nursery for a year and it's even the same classroom so he's fine and happy. I've just had a brilliant summer with them so far (I think mainly because my expectations were so low as it was potentially going to be really hard) and I'm just going to miss him and our time together so much. Sigh

Here's my gorgeous poppet he's such a joy at the moment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4
I'm also dreading them going back. I can't stand having to revolve life around school and school runs :( dd4 will also be going to nursery come January so it's going to be pretty quiet here with just me and Arthur.

Vanilla- have also just seen your ticker, good luck :)

Boo - Gorgeous photo :)

oh god, school run :ignore::wine::cry:

Thank you guys, my periods aren't even back yet I don't think, I'm still in the sporadic/strange spotting stage, in my mind I'm 90% sure nothing will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->