June...here we come!!!

You know what's scary?? My husbands medical assistant used to work for octomoms RE!!! I'm totally ok with multiples. Even 3. I will need help obviously. Lol maybe my mom shouldn't move out of here just yet...ha! But if we get multiples, we are done. I just keep thinking I'll never have to do this again if that happens! So excited. I will be adding fsh and something else I think starts with an "A". DH is in charge of all injectables. I'm can only handle pills/vitamins

I thought I would need mine to do my injections, but ends up I can't release that control to him...it was freaking me out not having the needle in my hand.

I am ok with twins...but anything more scares me. It would be my luck all these failed attempts & then end up with a bushel of kids...lol!

I think if I ended up with more than 1, I would be done, too.

They started talking about "risks" of doing the aggressive treatments and the dr says the only risks are multiples, nothing more. Lol so then he said quadruplets and my face must have been so scared looking because Mike said "well, we can just sell a couple." Yikes! With all of my step kids I'll just start a basketball team. I'm so excited to finally have a kid around here that calls me mom!

Yay for all the IUIs this week! FXed ladies.

AFM - still waiting for AF so I can start the BCP for the August IVF...

They started talking about "risks" of doing the aggressive treatments and the dr says the only risks are multiples, nothing more. Lol so then he said quadruplets and my face must have been so scared looking because Mike said "well, we can just sell a couple." Yikes! With all of my step kids I'll just start a basketball team. I'm so excited to finally have a kid around here that calls me mom!

I had a friend who had trouble conceiving & finally has a daughter. So I have joked about giving away the extras. I texted her today & said I potentially have 4 eggs...how many do you want? :) But all joking aside, it does create some serious health risks...any pregnancy does...but multiples in general. Having said that, I hope you have a successful IUI & a SAFE pregnancy...no matter how many babies come from it. Safe is the main issue. After that is finances...& those things usually work themselves out.

I would prefer 1...but if life gave me twins (preferably a girl & a boy ;)) I would be THRILLED...& DONE having babies. :D

JCM, great news on your scan today!

I had to giggle at the multiple conversation here today...my hubby and I agreed on one baby and then we would decide on more depending on how the pregnancy went, etc. Well I always wanted twins and even joked when my betas came back a few weeks ago, that they told me I was having "triplets". Well imagine our surprise when the tech told us there was two...I thought my hubby was going to pass out when the tech looked around for #3, sigh of relief there is only two! I apologized to my hubby the other day since we agreed on ONE baby...he said "It is okay, I never said you couldn't buy one, and get one free baby"

Good luck to everyone, I think we will see a lot of good news in July! :)

Oh my goodness Jen and Beaglemom, I'm so excited hearing about your journeys leading up to IUI. Especially now that I know I'm poised to begin that journey myself! I am so excited for all your follies! Woohoo!! Good luck!

Erin, thanks for your sweet words of encouragement! You're always so kind and positive! Good luck at your ER...so how long after that do you implant? So exciting...seems like just yesterday you were deciding to go ahead and move on to IVF! Wow!

Haha!! Buy one get one free baby! Hilarious! You really are a SAVVY saver! LOL!!!

Haha!! Buy one get one free baby! Hilarious! You really are a SAVVY saver! LOL!!!

Yep, I am a big couponer, not as crazy as those on the extreme coupon show...but my husband is right, if I could have used a coupon to get twins I would have! :blush:

I think me & my husband are set on 2 being a good number. However, if #1 is not twins, I am really not sure how I will feel about going through all this again. At least with a successful IVF cycle, you have frozen & can pick up where you left off. If I get pregnant with IUI...I just don't know what the future will be. It is just such a hard process. And then to think about doing this all over with a little one at home...I just don't know. For now I am focused on pregnancy #1...I will deal with the others when the time comes. But we do know if I only have 1 baby, I am not going on any kind of birth control after. So if by some miracle I get pregnant with a 6 week old at home, oh well. :)

It really is kind of BOGO - you only pay for one fertility treatment, one hospital bill, one delivery (sorta)! LOL!

Well, good news all around for beagle and Jen. :) Beagle, I'm really happy for you that you got those extra follies. It made me happy to read how happy and optimistic you were when you walked out of the office. And Jen, HOLY WOW! My RE cancels an IUI cycle if more than 3-4 follies become mature, but I'm sure your RE must have some reason for thinking this is the best route, and since you are so happy about, I'm happy for you! FXd! This is SO gonna be your cycle. :thumbup:

FBG, I'm happy that you had your bloodwork and you're taking the next step! As for additional testing, there's usually an SA for your DH, and an HSG to test tubes, but since you've been PG twice in the past 6 months, your RE may not feel those are necessary. Usually, they work towards getting women PG, but in your case, your RE may just work toward figuring out if you need help maintaining a pregnancy. They should want to test you about 7 days after you O, to see if your P is low. If they haven't mentioned that to you already, I would ask about it. :thumbup:

Michelle, I would say just keep up with your usual smep plan and go by the LH surge when you get the solid smiley. The flashing smiley is great for couples who only BD during the fertile window, because it gives them even earlier notice that she'll be O'ing soon, so they can start their BDing. But for couples who BD regularly (and since you're doing SMEP, you are), I think you really only need to worry about the LH surge since that's the point that you switch to BDing every day. I used the advanced one a couple times, but eventually switched back to the regular one.

floridasian, I'm hoping that your high temp means something great!! I find it kinda cool that the second time you temped yesterday, you had a super high temp! It makes sense to record the first one (that's what I'd do too, since those are the rules of charting, hehe), but still.... you got the second higher temp, and then a high temp on your first try today. So here's to hoping these higher temps mean something really, really good!! FXd!

Hi to Sarah, SaraLou, Suzy, savvy, allison, and everyone else!

AFM, egg retrieval tomorrow. So I'm nervous and excited. Embryo transfer will either be Friday or Sunday. I wont even know for sure until Fri morning. They see how the embryos are developing on that third day, and then decide if they should transfer then or wait a couple more days.

Hi Erin! I think he said he expects 4 of them to be perfect out of those 10. We will see on Thursday I guess! I can't tell you how nervous I was about cysts. Lol I was praying the whole drive there! Sounds like a 5 day transfer for you! Yay! That was my plan until we ran into cysts a and then had miraculous sperm count results! Lol maybe I should thank my cysts for giving me this opportunity! Good luck with egg retrieval tomorrow! The girls in my ivf board used to say they were PUPO after transfer. Pregnant until proven otherwise!

Jen and beaglemom that is great news! Now time to get pregnant!

Savvy that is so funny. After I found out that you were having twins I had a conversation with DH and he said that he would have freaked out and been like we have to move now! Lol

Erin so excited for your ER tomorrow! Do you know how many they will be retrieving or will you find that out tomorrow?

Afm I just had my first preconception massage with castor oil and it was different. I had DH come with me so that way he can learn how to do the stuff at home and he was actually really into it. It was just more painful that any other massage I have had before. She got really deep in my pelvic and hip area. She said the right is a lot more tense than the left which correlates with my scar tissue and endo being worse on my right side. She also showed me how to stimulate my ovaries right at O and when sperm is on board too. Going to go purchase some castor oil tomorrow to continue in 3 days if I don't O yet. I am praying that with taking femara a day early and this massage that it is pushed up. If anyone is interested in the massage I would definitely recommend it! Hoping I don't have to do it next month but if we aren't then going to do it again.

It really is kind of BOGO - you only pay for one fertility treatment, one hospital bill, one delivery (sorta)! LOL!

I told my husband too bad everything else wasn't bogo for twins...but the hospital/delivery will save a bundle. My dad wanted to buy a mini dirt bike and a convertible for the baby...I think he is a little worried he has to buy double now! :haha:

A little implantation dip at 5dpo looks great!

Erin, good luck with everything tomorrow! A new month and a fresh start! Looking forward to hearing any details you share here.

Michelle, how neat that you went for a massage and you and your hubby can DIY at home. Hopefully you will O soon after the stimulation! :)\

FBG, have they ever checked your P before? They didn't check mine this cycle since it was extremely low (7) two cycles prior, but I started the P supps at 10dpo when I got my + blood test.

Jen - all I can say is wow! 4 perfect follicles out of 10 big ones is just amazing!!

Erin - very excited with your egg retrieval tomorrow!! Are you going to be completely out for it? Will you also be saving frozen embryos?

Michelle - I've been doing castor oil pack followed by self fertility massage at home myself for 4-5 months now. Yes it's supposed to help with dissolving scar tissue, relieve endo, and unblock tubes. I started when I found out about my uterine scarring and just continued with it after the hysteroscopy. I'm not sure if it actually helps but I figured it can't hurt!

I feel like I'm so many steps behind you guys with your IUI's, triggers, IVF's and such. The only "assistance" I've received so far is progesterone which I'm not even taking this cycle because I'm not sure if I need it and I suspect it to be the reason for my early ovulation. Looks like I have a lot of catch up to do! It's good though that I can learn from all your experiences. Thanks for sharing!!

Hey ladies! So glad to see all the good news from everyone! I have a feeling there's going to be a lot more BFPs around here soon!!! : )

AFM, just a quick update. Had my 20 week ultrasound today. Everything looked good. They looked at the heart, kidneys, bladder, brain, etc. It was nice getting to have a little peek at him again. : ) November can't come soon enough!

Had my scan today and I have 10 big follicles developed! Dr wants to have them all grow at the same time and be the same size so we have a better chance! So he's suppressing the super big ones and giving me two more injectables for the next couple of days. Then I got a giant bag of lipids (fat ew) through an IV and I get bloodwork and another ultra sound Thursday morning. If all looks the way he planned, insemination this Saturday! He says doing it this way is aggressive (50% twins 15% triplets) but we have the best chance...I'm rolling with it. Come on SATURDAY!!!

FutureBaby, I just had lots of bloodwork and some ultra sounds but that was during my appts with the RE. I'm thinking maybe you'll have more bloodwork to see that you ovulated later in your cycle which would be right before you see the dr? Or they will order it after you have the appt.

Beagle I was thinking do as much BD as possible before the iui because I'm remembering how gross I felt after that trigger and I'm pretty sure it lasted a good week. Felt super bloated and yucky! So I think Saturday, Sunday, today and tomorrow are good BD times. Dr said we aren't allowed on Wednesday because I'll likely trigger Thursday and iui Saturday early am. Yay!!! I was so nervous things wouldn't look ok! I did promise DH if I feel decent Saturday night or Sunday morning we could get another in. Lol I have deprived him for so long. That birth control didn't allow me to give it up for like 30 days! Awful! Oh, and it's totally awkward doing it with your parents and brother in the house. They know all about our iui plans so it's like they know that we know that THEY know what we are doing! So weird.
Misaacs, I totally know how it goes with pregnancy announcements . I currently hate all of my Facebook friends. : )

Thank you for responding. I hope they do more testing.

Well, good news all around for beagle and Jen. :) Beagle, I'm really happy for you that you got those extra follies. It made me happy to read how happy and optimistic you were when you walked out of the office. And Jen, HOLY WOW! My RE cancels an IUI cycle if more than 3-4 follies become mature, but I'm sure your RE must have some reason for thinking this is the best route, and since you are so happy about, I'm happy for you! FXd! This is SO gonna be your cycle. :thumbup:

FBG, I'm happy that you had your bloodwork and you're taking the next step! As for additional testing, there's usually an SA for your DH, and an HSG to test tubes, but since you've been PG twice in the past 6 months, your RE may not feel those are necessary. Usually, they work towards getting women PG, but in your case, your RE may just work toward figuring out if you need help maintaining a pregnancy. They should want to test you about 7 days after you O, to see if your P is low. If they haven't mentioned that to you already, I would ask about it. :thumbup:

Michelle, I would say just keep up with your usual smep plan and go by the LH surge when you get the solid smiley. The flashing smiley is great for couples who only BD during the fertile window, because it gives them even earlier notice that she'll be O'ing soon, so they can start their BDing. But for couples who BD regularly (and since you're doing SMEP, you are), I think you really only need to worry about the LH surge since that's the point that you switch to BDing every day. I used the advanced one a couple times, but eventually switched back to the regular one.

floridasian, I'm hoping that your high temp means something great!! I find it kinda cool that the second time you temped yesterday, you had a super high temp! It makes sense to record the first one (that's what I'd do too, since those are the rules of charting, hehe), but still.... you got the second higher temp, and then a high temp on your first try today. So here's to hoping these higher temps mean something really, really good!! FXd!

Hi to Sarah, SaraLou, Suzy, savvy, allison, and everyone else!

AFM, egg retrieval tomorrow. So I'm nervous and excited. Embryo transfer will either be Friday or Sunday. I wont even know for sure until Fri morning. They see how the embryos are developing on that third day, and then decide if they should transfer then or wait a couple more days.

Thank you! I asked about getting my progesterone tested in January and she told me there is no reason, so I asked again to the nurses each time I called and they said that my my said no. I don't understand why she doesn't see the need. I had asked for my dh to get a sa done and the nurse said she might but when she called back it was a no and the next nurse told me he would have to go to a urologist for that and that is ridiculous she wanted to take on our fertility testing. Then she needs to test both. I hope she does a hsg because I think one tube is blocked if not both partially because it takes us several months to get a positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->