June jewels 2018!!!!

Mona, I’m sorry your scan wasn’t more reassuring! How frustrating. I’m thinking good thoughts for you. Honestly, I have to say, it seems like some of what you’re being told is not scientifically accurate. Like the size of the baby is not at all related to how much you’re eating! It seems like you will really need to do a lot of your own research and be your own advocate.

I’ve never heard of the baby having a hb too small to measure. At this stage they are tiny so definitely getting a clear measurement can be tough though. I suppose if the equipment was older it might not be as accurate so could have trouble measuring a very small one?

Cara - Please don’t feel like you are bringing anyone down. We are here to help you through this tough week.

Mona - I am so sorry for such a bizarre scan experience. With DS I had a scan at 7weeks and they measured both the baby and heartbeat. Are they having you come back for another scan soon?

Afm, queasiness seems to be increasing a bit. Still spotting dark brown, but I’m over it. Not worrying about it anymore until my scan. 8 more days!

Thank you so much ladies, it feels good to read any kind of response.

I am wondering if the doc acted this way because she doesn't have much hope for this baby? She didn't say what to do next. I will probably see her when I go for the shots the following days so maybe we will talk about it then.

I'm just thinking, should I change hospitals? Or at least just do another scan some place else? Or is it better to wait and see what happens, at least until I am 8w. Because all of that talk from my doc about baby being too small to measure hb, and me needing to eat more, just doesn't make me feel very confident about how much I can trust her.

I don't think it was the doctor doesn't have hope, maybe it's more they rush or don't care. Treatment can be so different in other countries.
You had a heartbeat so that is definitely a positive.

I'm similar to you Allie, luckily I'm craving a lot of fruit and salad as usually I have such a sweet tooth it's untrue. I think it's the freshness of the fruit and veg I'm enjoying. I also like cereal for breakfast.

My spotting has settled this morning so I need to take things easy. I think I'm going to have to tell my boss as I'm feeling so queasy I'm spending a lot of time in the toilets at work and the spotting really made me lose concentration yesterday

Cara please don't not post this week, your not bringing anyone down this is the point of this group is to look after and help each other. Everyone is here for you. How are you feeling today, is your scan for next week booked?

Mona I'm sorry your scan was rushed and not informative, I also don't think it's because they haven't got hope but maybe more because they hadn't got time. I don't think measurements at this stage are super crucial as they catch up quickly and there was a baby with heartbeat and that's great news.
I think I would look at a private scan as you are paying them they will spend more time and do all the measurments

Glad the spotting has stopped pg5k, do you think you'll wait till your scan next week or try again for an earlier one?

Thank you girls, you are all so lovely and supportive :hugs:

Ladders, I'm feeling much the same :hugs: I can definitely feel my symptoms disappearing but I'm hoping and praying that it's just because I've got the thought into my head now. Nausea has disappeared for the last 2 days and I've been missing that tight/bloated/pulling feeling in my stomach for a few days. The thirst is still there so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Scan is booked for 10am on Monday. I'm off work all week this week which kind of sucks now because I don't want to do the huge house tidy I had planned, but I also don't have work to keep me busy. I'm guessing I'll need to tell my boss what's going on on Monday so I can get away from work for my scan. I was trying to avoid testing but I've got a strong suspicion I'll see my line fading now, so I think I'm just going to do one in the morning. I'm only around 6wks, so too early for the hook effect to interfere, yes?

PG5K everything is sounding really positive with your symptoms. Glad the spotting has spotted.

Mona, I'm so sorry they weren't very sensitive at your scan, it really ruins the experience for you. It sounds like baby is doing really well though. I wouldn't worry about what she said about being too small to measure the heartbeat, sounds like she was just rushing it. There was a heartbeat there so that's what's important x

Cara I think once sometime is in your head your definitely concentrate on it more, it might not be that your symptoms are disappearing more that your consciously looking out for them in a negative way. We would all be the same but I'm sure that's the reason. Iv felt like that will all my pregnancies and one was fine so I don't think gut is always correct

Hi Ladies, I'd like to join please :) Our little Junebug is Due June 26th.

I just got a call back from my OB. I went in yesterday for blood work to confirm the pregnancy. I think I'm 3 weeks 6 days based on temping and my HCG level was 26. She's having me come back tomorrow or the next day to recheck and make sure everything is doubling. Any encouragement would be great right now. I was so excited.. my lines are getting darker on the FRER, showed up right away this morning, and have tested positive on all my tests including a Digi. As encouraging as that is, I believe I just felt my heart sink a little.

I just got a call back from my OB. I went in yesterday for blood work to confirm the pregnancy. I think I'm 3 weeks 6 days based on temping and my HCG level was 26. She's having me come back tomorrow or the next day to recheck and make sure everything is doubling. Any encouragement would be great right now. I was so excited.. my lines are getting darker on the FRER, showed up right away this morning, and have tested positive on all my tests including a Digi. As encouraging as that is, I believe I just felt my heart sink a little.

Wow Mrs! This must be the downfall of tests being so sensitive.

I called my ob and she said I can get a quant done and then in two days do another. For my own peace of mind.

Same as you, all tests are positive including digital. I was debating waiting until tomorrow to go and I think I will now.

I'm sure they're rising if your tests are getting darker. It's just so early!

Hi everyone can I join
I estimate my due date as 24/06/18 going my my LMP

Thanks

Cara, I started seeing the hook effect on FRER at 6w, so if you see a lighter line try not to worry.

Welcome, Kammie, Jackson and Mrs!! Jackson, where in ND are you? I lived in Fargo for a long time and my DS was born there.

Mrs, have you looked at HCG charts? Why do your numbers concern you? Since AF isn't even due yet I don't think your HCG is too low at all. Mine was low-end with DS and he's about to turn 6! That's the thing with knowing so early....

Cara, having the week off work but not being able to do anything sucks -- that's my situation as well. It's fall break where I work my second job (school district) but I am not in a mood to do the big tidy and I had some travelling planned. Hope you are finding a good show to binge on! Glad you are sticking with us this week. :hug:

Mona, oh my goodness, I'm actually angry about your scan! Maybe it's a cultural thing? It sounds like they were being insensitive and rushed. A heartbeat is a heartbeat....was it older u/s equipment? I think you are right to consider seeing a new doctor at least. Baby size does NOT have to do with eating. :hug:

PG, glad you are doing well. I saw on the front page we are due date buddies.

Mom15, glad you aren't worrying. I have 8 days to go as well before my scan. All we can do it wait.

Hope all the other ladies are doing well. xoxox

I've never had my hgc levels checked so fingers crossed that's good with being so early.

Take it easy Cara, it's sometimes even worse when you're off work but if you can do something to help you keep your mind off the worry a little. Your mind can be very cruel to to you so don't worry too much about symptoms coming and going. I really do hope you're ok.

Yay, due date buddy Allie! If you're 84 for your birthday year then we are the same age too

Thinking of you Cara, All my babies have measured from around 3 days behind to almost two weeks behind at the early 5-8 week stages and they turned out ok. If that is any reassurance. The only one that didn't work out, my miscarriage, all they could see was a sac at 5 weeks nothing else.

Hoping everyone is doing well xx

Welcome, Kammie, Jackson and Mrs!! Jackson, where in ND are you? I lived in Fargo for a long time and my DS was born there.

Mrs, have you looked at HCG charts? Why do your numbers concern you? Since AF isn't even due yet I don't think your HCG is too low at all. Mine was low-end with DS and he's about to turn 6! That's the thing with knowing so early....

Thank you! I needed to hear that. AF was due yesterday today or tomorrow depending on if FF got my O date right. It changed once when I put my temps in each day. SO you're right.
That darn nurse, she said "ok so we're reading back results for HCG and ok then.. your HCG yesterday was 26 which is low. but it's over 5 so you're pregnant. Congratulations. We'll just have you go in two days to draw blood again and see if the numbers double." Ergh

But thank you for saying that, I've been worried all day.

:hugs::hugs:with me my hcg never got above about 30 i had a positive digi but at 14 dpo the tests started getting lighter and i started bleeding at 16 dpo
not saying that's the same for you though there is positive story's out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->