June jewels 2018!!!!

Just an update from me! I have been MIA! Too worn out to do much. I work, come home, nap, wake up and go to bed. Sad! !

Feel better Katie!! I had a bad cold last week and took cough syrup; it's allowed and really helps!

Updating here and the Facebook group....hcg is 96, doubling time 31.5 hours.

The nurse asked if I wanted to do the progesterone, just in case. So I said sure. If I'm still spotting next week they will do another draw.

I'm not convinced I need it but I'd feel guilty if I didn't do it and something happened.

That's great Jackson! May as well take it. What dosage will it be?

I'm feeling a little down as I'm not sure if my sister is upset I'm pregnant.
She's been trying to for 10 months for her 2nd and I hadn't told her I was pregnant as I was kinda hoping if I waited a couple of months then she might be too but she asked if I was pregnant at the weekend as I was on decaff tea and I said yes.
She said she was happy but then I haven't heard from her this week except a short message. I've tried calling her a couple of times but she's not picked up.

I just hope we don't lose being close because normally we are close. I am hoping it's just because she's busy as she's a teacher.

PG It may just take her some time. My sister and best friend are both pregnant and I was really sad but also happy for them. It's a weird feeling. I thought I was infertile. She will come around.

I hope you're feeling better now Allie? I'm a terrible clutz so I usually end up falling upstairs!

I am quite sore in my back and oddly my ab muscles as well. But nothing from my uterus so that's good. Talked to the nurse today as well and she told me not to worry. I'm mainly feeling bad because I have to take Tylenol or I'm in a ton of pain. I can't believe I'm off work, was sitting around all day, and then I fall on the stairs. :dohh: Frustrating! But a lesson for later in pregnancy I suppose.

Anyone taking Unisom for morning sickness? Mine is quite bad but comes in waves. It feels worse than with DS so I am wondering if it's a girl this time or something. I am also eating like crap. I can only stomach a few foods and hardly any protein.

Is it ok not to be eating healthy during the first trimester? I'm feeling nausea all day (no vomiting) and I don't really feel like eating anything at all. Thinking about what to have for breakfast/lunch/dinner making me feel so uneasy. Sometimes I have to force myself to eat a little, but not much on the vege and fruits. I only take folic acid for now. Doc gave me calcium supplement I didn't take that. Fear it will only make my nausea worse. Currently in 7 weeks. I have to bear this for 6 more weeks. This is so torturing sometimes I feel like crying in the office. I don't think I can gain any weight or eat healthy during this time.

PG, I hope she comes around. I get it. The vast majority of the moms I know with kids close in age to DD are pregnant and after my loss I needed some space from them.

Allie, I was taking unisom but it did nothing. So now I’m on Diclegis, which has unisom in it. It helps for sure.

evvie, eat what you can eat, when you can eat it. 1st tri is all about survival. It’s awful.

Scans they are a coming! So exciting!

Rach - The scan tww cracked me up! :D it's limbo all over again, you're pretty correct! To be honest to me the whole 1st trimester is like tww - thirteen week wait! Am I gonna make it or not? Is the baby growing ok? Why am I spotting? Where have my symptoms gone?! ...Crazy.

Ladders, well I should be 8 weeks this weekend, I think I'm gonna ask my doc for a repeat scan on Monday and see what she says. To be honest I'm confused why they still check my blood, but I guess it's because of the progesterone. She said if it doesn't rise properly I might have to take the shots until the end of the trimester. My poor bum.

PG - I'm so sorry about what you're going through with your sister. It must not be easy for her if they are going through unsuccessful ttc. But you are sisters and from what you said it seems like you are having a pretty good relationship, so I'm sure she'll come around. Give her some time.

Allie I've heard people have good success with Unisom AND b6, not just unisom.

Thanks ladies. I have Unisom and B Vitamin gummies but my friend told me 100mg of B6 which seems high since I've not been taking it yet.

Curious is that medicine OTC or prescription?

I agree Mona, it is the 13 week wait. :haha: Your progesterone is still double mine, it's in 2nd trimester ranges so yours is really good. I'm not sure what your doctor is doing tbh.

I've never needed it but I've heard B6 3 times per day and 25mg unisom before bed and that it can take a few days to start helping. Diclegis is prescription, but I've seen numerous times it is just a combination of b6 and unisom. I don't 100% know though :shrug:

Allie, it’s prescription. I tried the unisom and the high dose B6 combo. That’s what I did with DD and it helped. This time I still couldn’t get off the floor. Diclegis has been a lifesaver. It’s time released so something about that and whatever else is in there or just having them in one pill makes all the difference. I still feel terrible but at least I can tolerate it.

Hi Ladies! Can I join?

I'm currently 7+2 through IVF. Made only one little egg and the little bean stuck!

Had a little bleed Sunday just gone, and was given an early ultrasound on Tuesday where we saw a strong heart beat! :happydance:

Due date 3rd June 18 xx

I'm pretty much eating nothing due to nausea, baby will be fine. I had hypermesis last pregnancy and barely ate for the 9 months and lost loads of weight and my son was my heaviest baby yet at 8lb 9ounces!!!!

I have my follow up scan tomorrow, even tho baby had a heartbeat at 6 week scan I'm nervous as it was measuring between 5-6 weeks so hoping it's caught up a bit now.

This thread goes fast! For those asking. I was 5 +6 For first ultrasound where they couldn’t see a heartbeat. I’m trying not to worry about it. Worrying won’t change anything. Came home from work yesterday and low and behold had a low grade fever. That makes me feel better, honestly! I thought this was just being pregnant!!! Lol. I’m about to get ready for my 3 hour glucose test. Praying I pass! Good thoughts please! You ladies are amazing.

Welcome Miss Evers! Congratulations on your little bub!

Unexpected ~ I am sure it will go great :hugs:

Katie ~ good luck on your glucose test!

Katie good luck with your test! I think if your less than 6 weeks it's not uncommon to not see a heartbeat yet, when is your next scan?

My sickness has well and truly arrived I feel shit! All I can stomach is carb stuff so sandwiches or jacket potatoes, everything making me gag 🤢🤢

Good luck for your scan tomorrow unexpected im sure it will go great

Thank you!! Ladders next scan will be Monday. So I will be 6 + 6

Ladders - I feel you nausea has stepped it up since yesterday. Actually had to pause chewing while eating my breakfast sandwich although in part I felt so sick because I hadn’t eaten anything yet so just had to fight threw it.

Katie - hopefully it was just too early! Good luck at your scan!

I think next week we have at least 4 of us with scans!

On a positive note I am on my second day without spotting! I hope it’s a good sign that my mucus plug is building well etc.

Katie, it's super unusual to see a heartbeat at under 6 weeks. It's normally about 6+5.

Good luck on the 3 hour glucose test! That sounds awful.

I'm feeling you guys in the carbs. I've already put on like 3kg. My parents wanted to go to wagamamas today but I could only face boring plain carby things. Maybe a steak. I also can't get enough water and my teeth are really sensitive. Sob

what would i see at 5 weeks on a scan
tia xx

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand Becs you'd probably see the sac but not necessarily anything inside? Def too early for a heartbeat, are you sure you can't push your scan forward a week or two? You're not likely to see much on this one and you wouldn't want unnecessary worry

Well I didn’t even make it an hour before throwing up duiring test. Ah well. Now hubs is on his way to grab junk food and cough medicine! He’s awesome.
Becs- I had an US at 5+6 all they could see was the sac, yolk, and a tiny fetal pole. No heartbeat. Don’t worry if they can’t see much.
Varves- that’s really reassuring! Thanks!!

I’m with you guys. I want nothing to do with sweets. Not even fruit. But carbs are my jam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->