June jewels 2018!!!!

Ah Ladders, you would laugh - she keeps buying me leggings then adjusts them with elastic string so I can wear them throughout my whole pregnancy (because I can't buy prego pants?), hideous blouses, pjs, even got a teddy today, I mean what?

Squig, then you might have an idea of the marriage/parenting etc situations here. It sounds like an interesting read though, I will look into it!

Oh bless she's sounds so sweet and totally suffocating! We are not telling dh parents until after the 12 week scan as we told them early with our first pregnancy as I had to tell work and they went on about how it was so early and wished they didn't know till after 12 weeks, then weren't very supportive through the mc so since then iv thought sod them no saying anything till after 12 weeks

Ah I'm so sorry, that doesn't sound very nice. :( They wished they didn't know know that early wow. :| Then yeah, just let them know later this time... I guess we are both getting different extremes treatment from our in-laws. Why can't there be a middle ground...

I’m 8.5 weeks and continue to feel like garbage. Sigh. Constant nausea. DD and I have been visiting my parents while DH is on his business trip. And my mom had to go back to work today :( Plus their dogs woke me and DD up barking at 3am. She went right back to sleep but I was up for ages.

Hi ladies! Happy Monday. Only two days until my scan, I am going a bit crazy!!! Just because I can't picture what I'll see! I was reading reviews of my OB and apparently he has an 'older' ultrasound machine, whatever that means. I hope it's still goo enough to see the wee babe!!!

Mona, your MIL sounds so funny! Sweet but also a bit TOO MUCH haha.

We will tell my MIL at 12 weeks for so, but before we make a public/Facebook announcement. My mom already knows and my dad does too I think because my mom told him but I don't mention it to him hahaha. They know how paranoid I am.

I get random cramps, especially in the mornings when my bladder is full. That really seems to hurt!! It goes away when I pee. It's like my bladder is pushing on my uterus. I also get the 'full uterus feeling' and slight cramps when I am active in any way. I'm super duper sleepy as well and constantly nauseous.

Allie - I also have my scan in two days, but I will only be 6w5d.

Feeling less nauseous today which of course has me freaked out, but nothing I can other than wait. Spotting is also back after a two day hiatus. Oh the joys of first tri!

Ugh I was literally on my way out the door this afternoon to catch the bus for work when I started barfing -_- Luckily my employer is super understanding.

Nausea hasn't been terrible but it definitely comes in waves. It's the exhaustion I'm struggling with the most.

Excited to see everyone's scans!

Also sorry Ladders about your lame in-laws! Yeah just wait till 12 weeks, if they don't want to know it's their loss.

My parents know but DH's don't. They already have 6 grandkids so it's not going to be a huge life changer for them - and my sister in law said when they told them, DH's parents didn't really respect the 'don't say anything yet' rule, so I think we'll wait till end of November when 1st tri is done or almost done.

Mom15 - sorry the spotting came back - how annoying! I'm sure your scan will be reassuring, especially if they can find the source of the bleed - once you know it's nothing serious you'll be able to relax more!

Oh no Sander! What have you found helps the sickness, if anything? For me sleeping is the best cure.

Mom15, oh boo. I can't wait until we have our scans. I can't remember...are you in the US/Canada or UK?

Curious I hope you are hanging in there. Does the Diclectin work?

Allie I agree - the more sleep I get in the morning the less sick I feel. For some reason I couldn't sleep until 4am last night - I was just tossing and turning for hooooours, so I think the lack of sleep made it much worse this morning

Mom15 this first tri spotting sucks so much! Hopefully we catch a break soon.

Hello!!! How is everybody! It looks like a lot are feeling sick. I bought sea bands today. I can maybe tell a difference. Not constant nausea but more in waves. Maybe worth a shot? I had my second US today. It took a moment to find him/her, but then I saw a flicker. I could barely get it out of my mouth. Heartbeat?!?! Then hubs sat up straighter looking for what we were looking at. I, of course, cried because I was so relieved...and hormones...I’m sure the nurse thought I was a little goofy. Lol. Sadly I’m measuring at 6+1 (supposed to be 6+5) but I’m not too worried. I would post our photo but...I haven’t a clue how. Lol. So relieved!!! Hubs said it looked like BB8 (Star Wars Nerd!) so the name has kinda stuck. Lol.

Katie congrats on good scan! If you go to “go advanced” and click on the paperclip you can choose from your photo library. Might need to be resized if its too big.

Also ladies I found the cure for morning sickness........... CIDER MILL DONUTS!!! Lol i swear after I had one my nausea was almost gone. Haha though i may regret that remedy when ive gained 100 lbs. :blush:

Oh no Sander! What have you found helps the sickness, if anything? For me sleeping is the best cure.

Mom15, oh boo. I can't wait until we have our scans. I can't remember...are you in the US/Canada or UK?

Curious I hope you are hanging in there. Does the Diclectin work?

It does! I’ve only thrown up a couple of times since I started it. Before that it was 3-5 times a day. I still have good and bad nausea days but it is a huge relief. I take phenergan on the particularly bad days but that just makes me fall asleep.

Allie, sorry to hear the spotting is back!

I think you mean Mom15 or jackon. :flower: So far so good on the spotting front with me...I had implantation spotting *i think* because I wiped and thought AF had arrived but then it didn't so like 4 days later I took a test.

Allie, sorry to hear the spotting is back!

I think you mean Mom15 or jackon. :flower: So far so good on the spotting front with me...I had implantation spotting *i think* because I wiped and thought AF had arrived but then it didn't so like 4 days later I took a test.

Eek, sorry, yes, I meant both mom15 and jackon. Pregnancy brain! I swear it struck immediately this time.

Sander - thanks and I will update if they find the cause. I also agree the more sleep I get the less nauseous I feel! Also hydration!

Allie - I’m in the US although I moved here from Germany in ‘07. I’m still German/European at heart at least when it comes to things like the World Cup or the Olympics! lol.

Jackson - I hope for both of us that it stops soon. I just have to remind myself that I had it with DS and he is very much proof right here in bed with me that the spotting wasn’t anything serious. (grrr that is not where he is supposed to sleep but he woke up and now he won’t stay asleep unless he has a hand on me. I can only take laying in a toddler bed for so long.)

Curious - thanks! Glad you were able to tone down the nausea a bit. It still sounds draining to throw up every day.

Katie - I’m so happy you got to see the heartbeat!! Hope that all will be well going forward!

Hi everyone :wave:

I used to be really active on here back in 2013 when I was pregnant with my daughter. Popped in briefly for my son who was born in 2015 and am very early about 5w4d with #3. EDD is 23rd June.

I'm in Sydney Australia and have hypothyroidism. Just went to see my endocrinologist today and he's increased my Eltroxin to double dosage on the weekends and regular on weekdays. Usually don't get scans till 12weeks here and AF was pretty regular so no need for a dating scan - I am counting the days till I can see the peanut on a screen!!

I'm waiting on MS to hit... usually about the 5 week mark and I can feel little waves of nausea in the morning but nothing to write home about. I'm scoffing my face now and enjoying food before I can't hold anything down. Part of me is excited I'm not far off 6 weeks and no vomiting yet... might escape it this time? :blush:

Wishful thinking...

Not sure how often I will get on here with a 4yo and almost 2.5yo but I'll try my best as only my 2 best friends, hubby and my Mum know as it's still early days and it's hard not being able to chat about what I'm experiencing.

Welcome jellybean!

Mom and Jackson im.sorry spotting has started again, sure it's nothing but not like you need anything else to worry about in the first tri!

Katie glad the scan went well!! Did the tech say what the crl was? I'm sure bb8 will catch up soon! Do you have a repeat scan booked?

Curious glad your meds are helping, I'm feeling sick but not actually sick and struggling with that!!

Getting really nervous for my scan Thurs, I have a friend who has just got her bfp and she's loving it and happy, I wish I got to feel like that but mc completely changes how you go through the first bit of pregnancy 😔

Allie is your scan tomorrow? If I'm remembering right. How are you feeling?

Welcome jellybean!!!! Nice to have you!! :wave:

Thanks ladders, yep, my scan is in 24 hours, not that I'm counting haha. Mom15 and I both have them tomorrow!!! I am nervous because so far everything has been textbook except for the low end progesterone readings- really ill, really tired, sore boobs, no spotting or bad cramps...but I still have a hard time picturing there's a baby in my body!!! I feel like I need proof!!!

(How do you UK ladies wait until 12 weeks before any scan? I would honestly go insane. My old OB only wanted to do one at 20 weeks and I was like yeah right and blagged an early one with my DS....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->