June jewels 2018!!!!

Ooh just an idea... should/could we put little colored storks next to our names on the front page when we find out the genders? And orange for those strong enough to wait until birth haha

Hi ladies. Had my private scan today. All was well, hr 171. They put me forward a few days but I’m keeping my date until 12 week scan as I’m sure of my dates.
https://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o224/topazicatzbeth/20171111_174840.jpg

Aww that's fab Topaz! Lovely picture.

I'm about 14lb lighter than I was with DD so I don't know if that's why I'm noticing my bump too but I'm starting to look obviously pregnant.

Ah great scan topaz how Lovely!!!

Rach I'm on it!!

I love seeing all our tiny babes! So cute topaz

So weird to think if any of us finds someone born in the same month and year as us it's a crazy coincidence - yet all these babies will have similar birthdays!

I agree Sander, it's pretty cool. Same year in school and everything!

Curious, congrats! That's awesome!!!

Awww Topaz, lovely!! :)

Okay so the blood test that tells you gender is the quad test right? How many of you are doing it and who is not? I told my OB no but I didn't know it told gender LMAO!!!! I only said yes to the NT because I wanted the extra scan haha!! I wonder if it's too late for me to say I want the quad screen....I just worry about false positives and the need for an amnio, etc.

Allie, what I had was the non-invasive pregnancy testing (also called free fetal DNA testing), I'm nearly positive that is different than the quad screen. The test I had looks for the same things as the NT scan, just with a blood test. False positives and negatives are very low. I had it with DD 3 years ago so it was an easy choice for me to go in this direction. Plus the early gender determination!

I won’t be doing any genetic testing. It would cause me more worry than anything, but everyone should do what’s best for them.

On gender, I am staying team yellow, but hoping for a girl! I think I have convinced myself it is one. We stopped bding 2 days before O and I am so much more nauseous than with DS. So that means girl right?!? Lol

Those are both girls things!!! Swimmers that have to live longer and extra ms. :thumbup:

Allie, what I had was the non-invasive pregnancy testing (also called free fetal DNA testing), I'm nearly positive that is different than the quad screen. The test I had looks for the same things as the NT scan, just with a blood test. False positives and negatives are very low. I had it with DD 3 years ago so it was an easy choice for me to go in this direction. Plus the early gender determination!

I just googled this. It's really recent, I don't think it was around when my DS was born! So does this mean you don't get a 12 week scan haha?

Iv not had the harmony testing buy had some blood tests taken at time of my booking in appointment and then along with the nt measurements they give you a 1 in something chance of downs, Edwards and pataus syndromes. I would look into further testing if high chance of Edwards or pataus but not downs for that it's more to be prepared rather than having to made any decisions if you know what I mean

Anyone else staying team yellow let me know and I'll add it to the front page

I just googled this. It's really recent, I don't think it was around when my DS was born! So does this mean you don't get a 12 week scan haha?
Yeah, it was very new when I had DD 3 years ago. Almost no one else who had their kids at the same time as me had it. Now we’re all having second kids and a lot of people are having it this time around. No, no 12 week scam for me. But it doesn’t feel weird because I didn’t have one with DD!

Some of these test are so new to me. I'll be having the general blood test ones that I had with DD but that was nearly 6 years ago now so things change fast.
I'm still waiting for my midwife appointment. In the UK they usually see you between 8-10 weeks but I'm coming up to 11 and still don't even have an appointment. Hopefully I'll be able to ask lots of questions then.

my second to last pregnancy i had a mw apt at 9 weeks that lasted 5 min
scan 12 weeks and scan 20 weeks
mw 29 weeks
35 weeks
that was all :(

Some of these test are so new to me. I'll be having the general blood test ones that I had with DD but that was nearly 6 years ago now so things change fast.
I'm still waiting for my midwife appointment. In the UK they usually see you between 8-10 weeks but I'm coming up to 11 and still don't even have an appointment. Hopefully I'll be able to ask lots of questions then.

I’d chase this up hun as they do your scan referral at the appointment. I ve already had my booking appointment and got a scan date and I’m behind you. How were you referred. Gp?

Yeah PG that seems late, like just for them to schedule your scan, they'll probs have to squeeze you in!

becs, here in the US they see you weekly starting at 35. Due to my bedrest, hypertension, GD, etc, I was getting twice weekly non stress tests so I was constantly at the OB towards the end of the pregnancy! Actually quite stressful but I have a lot of 3D ultrasound images of Alistair. :haha:

Thanks for the info about all of the tests....wow, things change so fast! I'll have to ask more at my appointment on the 21st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->