June jewels 2018!!!!

i think because its free in the uk the service isn't as good as other countries

I never had any probs with the NHS, I loved it (I used it for 4 years including when Alistair was 1 and 2) but I have never lived there pregnant. I think it's great you use gas and air and less epidurals! My hospital with Alistair didn't have gas and air. Now where I live they do but I have a mandated C-Section

All three of my birth with the NHS have been less than ideal. I am very grateful we have it but where I am there was a massive scandal about babies dying due to poor care and I believe it because my births could have all ended badly.

I just wish they would trust the mother more. I want an epidural if I can. I've had two with one and one without and I'd choose the epidural anyday XD

I had my booking appointment with the midwife at 9 weeks and still haven't had my scan appointment through so I would definitely get onto them pg

I love the NHS, so glad we have it in this country. Had a wonderful waterbirth with DD, my only complaint is the scan quality at my local hospital is so rubbish! That’s why I pay private as you can’t even tell it’s a baby on the NHS scan.

I think this baby is boy, mostly because I don’t feel pregnant at all really, no nausea or sickness. We will be team :yellow:

I had my private scan today, went well but measuring 6+4 instead of 7+3?! I think I’m about 7 weeks as my dates calculated with a 30 day cycle puts me at 7 weeks today, possibly I will end up with a July due date but I’ll most likely stay in this group at DD came 7 days early so hopefully this baby will be early like it’s big sister.

Ive given them a call but unfortunately the midwife has been off sick for 2 weeks so they said the back up midwives have had to prioritise. I'll give them till Wednesday and then call again.

I had my DD with the NHS and the nurses were faultless, true I didn't have her there all the time but I was in labour for a long time.
It's definitely struggling though, the NHS isn't doing well at all.

I paid for private scans with my first and I'm doing the same this time too.
I think it will be a squeeze for them to get me in quickly for my scan.

Glad your scan went well Lilly, hopefully your little bean will catch up or maybe your O a little later?

Me and my OH have just watched the film, what to expect when you're expecting. It started us talking about the birth and epidural.
I had DD with gas and air but I was about to have an epidural and they said "after the next contraction then we'll do it" but the next contraction was me saying "I need to push!"

I'm pretty easy again, if I need one I'll have one. I'd love a water birth if possible.
I'm kinda scared thinking about labour, not looking forward to that bit again at all!

No where around here offers gas and air, bummer. It’s epidural or nothing. I wanted to go med-free but after I had Pitocin for 11 hours I was just done! Hopefully this time around my water won’t break so early and stop all my contractions. And a faster labor would be great. I was in labor with DD for 36 hours!

No where around here offers gas and air, bummer. It’s epidural or nothing. I wanted to go med-free but after I had Pitocin for 11 hours I was just done! Hopefully this time around my water won’t break so early and stop all my contractions. And a faster labor would be great. I was in labor with DD for 36 hours!

Sounds similar, I wanted to be med free but long labor and Pitocin made me beg for an epidural. I had a vaginal delivery but a 4th degree tear so they are making me get a C-Section.

-----------------------------

Lily, sounds normal to me. There is always such a margin of error with scans plus you could have ov'ed a bit later or baby implanted a bit later. My scan put me 6 days ahead so you just never know! I assumed I ov'ed later than I did.

-------------------------

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'm really emotional today and had a good cry for no exact reason.

I'm also still really ill with MS and it's getting me down.

I still do find it relieving mentally but at the same time I was hoping it would be winding down around now. I would love to enjoy food again or sit and enjoy an entire meal or not gag when eating. I'm positive by 11 weeks it was nearly gone with DS.

This is our first so haven't experienced labour - am a little nervous!! My mom had me in 2 hours and my brother in 45 minutes, so I'm hoping I take after her haha. Actually I feel like it's been a bad thing because previously I had only heard about her labour, and when I heard others had 24-72 hour labours I thought they were the minority when really that's more of the likelihood!

This is our first so haven't experienced labour - am a little nervous!! My mom had me in 2 hours and my brother in 45 minutes, so I'm hoping I take after her haha. Actually I feel like it's been a bad thing because previously I had only heard about her labour, and when I heard others had 24-72 hour labours I thought they were the minority when really that's more of the likelihood!

Mine was 24 hours or so from induction to delivery. Your mom is very lucky! I really hope you take after her. :flower:

My first labour was 38 hours my second and third were like 6 hours and 10 minutes active labour, then with my last 2 minutes active labour...pretty sure this one will be born in my bed XD

Childbirth is one of those things that is SO different for everyone, it is horrendous I'm not going to lie (for me, I have a low pain threshold) but it's over in what feels like minutes and the pain pretty much is gone instantly and you have your baby forever and it's totally worth it

Yay, topaz!

Congratulations on :pink: curious:)

I'm sure this one is a girl too - I've been right on my last two pregnancies.

I'd have loved a waterbirth, but that's just not an option for me with my history. Even if I were induced, I'd be hooked up to all the machines for monitoring. However, I suspect I'll end up with another section, but we'll see how it goes & how well baby grows. I have my booking in appointment on 28th. I'll only be 11+4 so I'd have preferred it the following week, but I'm booked into a special clinic so if I'd changed, I'd have had to go twice. & I expect I'll have fortnightly appointments anyway.

I wasn't even offered the NT scan in my other pregnancies. Maybe because things looked normal.

Looks like everyone is doing good other than a bit of sickness!

We will be staying team yellow since this is our last :) for me labour was #1-8hours #2-4 hours and #3- 4hours not to bad im the odd ball here but im so excited to give birth again

Hi ladies!! I'm new here and I *think* I'm due in June, possibly July! I just got my bfp two days ago but my lmp was mid September, I have pcos and crazy cycles. Dh and I quit TTC in June after 2 years and after a year of failed infertility meds and treatments. We are super shocked and excited for this last addition to our family <3 Hoping to get into a dr this week and get a scan to figure out exactly how far along I am, we really have no clue, could be as little as 6 weeks or as much as 9 weeks! So I *think* I belong here but I might have to switch to July. Just praying for a healthy baby since I am 36.

Also I am having some pretty strong sharp cramping back and forth between my left and right sides in the ovary areas, is this normal? It happens when I get up or move or cough or sneeze and sometimes just when I'm laying down resting. I don't remember this with my other two dd's. My super super sore breast are my only real symptom, they have been killing me for 3 weeks. Also I have zero nausea which is really weird for me, my last two pregnancies I was sick from 3 weeks till birth with severe HG so it has me a little worried I'm feeling nothing.

Looking forward to getting to know you all more! I'll let you know what edd to put me down for as soon as I get in to a dr :)

Hi ladies!! I'm new here and I *think* I'm due in June, possibly July! I just got my bfp two days ago but my lmp was mid September, I have pcos and crazy cycles. Dh and I quit TTC in June after 2 years and after a year of failed infertility meds and treatments. We are super shocked and excited for this last addition to our family <3 Hoping to get into a dr this week and get a scan to figure out exactly how far along I am, we really have no clue, could be as little as 6 weeks or as much as 9 weeks! So I *think* I belong here but I might have to switch to July. Just praying for a healthy baby since I am 36.

Also I am having some pretty strong sharp cramping back and forth between my left and right sides in the ovary areas, is this normal? It happens when I get up or move or cough or sneeze and sometimes just when I'm laying down resting. I don't remember this with my other two dd's. My super super sore breast are my only real symptom, they have been killing me for 3 weeks. Also I have zero nausea which is really weird for me, my last two pregnancies I was sick from 3 weeks till birth with severe HG so it has me a little worried I'm feeling nothing.

Looking forward to getting to know you all more! I'll let you know what edd to put me down for as soon as I get in to a dr :)

I get those cramps on the sides. I think it's RLP. My dr said it's normal and normal to start earlier with later pregnancies.

Congrats!

My last labor was 27 hours with only 1 hour of pushing and I didnt even break a sweat. Woke at 4 am with random contractions, water broke at 9am. Inconsistent contractions for a few hours. Ran errands, showered, took a mile walk and that really got them going. Then double contractions kicked in. Stayed home as long as i could. Got to the hospital around midnight. Was 3 cm and 50%. Within 3-4 hrs i was at 6.5 cm and they rushed in doc for my epidural. Within 2 hrs of that i was ready to go. Pushed an hr and out came a screaming baby. I oddly am looking forward to delivery again too. Lol

And ladies make sure if you get an epidural they give you a catheter!!! Its funny how they thought because that was my first baby I would be in there for 2 days in labor or something. They did not think I could possibly progress as quick as i did (double contractions every 2 minutes will do that to ya haha) so basically they scrambled to get the dr in before i was too far to get my epidural. And forgot to put in a catheter. Meanwhile im numb and theyre pumping me with iv fluids. I bled Peach sized clots for hours after birth. I was violated several times by the OB (like they went in up to the elbow volated) to try and find the source of the bleed. Low and behold they finally did an u/s and found my bladder was about to burst. I think they drained like 600cc&#8217;s of urine or something crazy. Once my bladder was emptied my uterus was able to contract and the bleeding stopped. (Needless to say not really the beautiful after birth bonding experience with my dd i was hoping for, i didnt get to hold her for a few hours after birth)

Welcome and congrats four2five!

Tgrich - I’m with you! I love giving birth. I too had a fast labor. Water broke at 7am, went to the hospital at about 8.30am after I tried to time my contractions and they weren’t even two minutes apart. Was a 6 when they checked me two hours baby was born. Everyone says I am so lucky it was so fast. But honestly it was too fast. There was no easing into it. It was from 0 to 100. Mentally and physically it all happened too fast, I felt rushed, felt I had no time discussing positions for delivery. I couldn’t really communicate as I did not have any pain relief and my body sort of took over. For weeks afterwards I had trouble sleeping because I tried to go over things in my head over and over trying to piece things together.
So I really look forward to this time as I feel like I can be better mentally prepared. My only worry is it will be even faster.

So I had an appt dec 1st for my official new OB appt bc thats the earliest they had. Called today to see if they had any cancellations so I could get in before my hubbys family from Calgary comes to stay with us next wednesday...and i now have an appt the 20th! Yay only 1 week until I see my little babers instead of almost 3! Also super excited that I&#8217;ll have an u/s where baby looks like a baby/gummy bear and video of baby&#8217;s heartbeat to show them!

I finally had an ultrasound today, and everything was perfect, measuring three days ahead! Such a relief.

As for labor, I love it (and I've done it four times. Lol). I used an epidural each time, although it failed with my third so I experienced all the pain with that one. Still, it's such a rush of adrenaline! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->