June jewels 2018!!!!

Oh pg I'm really hoping for the best for your sister, the waiting bit is so hard but there is a good amount of hope if she can't be certain on her dates!

Good news there sander and that rise come at a great time to make things a bit less stressful!

Iv got such a bump now lol I'm struggling in my uniform at work but can't go into a baggier one or maternity one until had my scan and it's public knowledge. Only a couple more shifts to go! Have got some maternity jeans though as normally i wear high waisted skinny jeans and they are a bit too digging in now so replaced with some over the bump skinnys and they are sooo comfy

So the nurse at the OB just called and said my thyroid levels are high, but the doctor hasn’t reviewed them so I won’t know anything until Monday when I go for my appt. I’m worried now. :(

Just announced! Did it in a slideshow type thing...

Attachments

• E58FAE50-A3DD-4477-A750-4D1A647EC941.jpg
    E58FAE50-A3DD-4477-A750-4D1A647EC941.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 23F0C630-E37C-4DF3-803F-3EC6E95BE433.jpg
    23F0C630-E37C-4DF3-803F-3EC6E95BE433.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3
  • 7BDE8B49-AC47-4062-9CEF-2ED57649E21F.jpg
    7BDE8B49-AC47-4062-9CEF-2ED57649E21F.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
Eppgirl thats weird they would even call you if the dr hasnt reviewed them. Talk about undue stress. Hope they can adjust your levels

I got a call this afternoon my NT bloods came back 'positive for Down's' and put my risk at 1/225. The cut off for normal is 1/275. Baby's neck only measured like 1.6 but the blood must have really skewed it. Freaking out.

Got the NIPT test today and will know more in a week. :(

Sorry, have not read back. Just upset. Will read when I get home.

Ladders - I agree on maternity pant, I wish they were acceptable when not pregnant.

Eppgirl - sorry they have you worried. Hopefully your doc will be able to help stabilize your number.

Rach - cute announcement!

Allie - I’m so sorry about your risk coming back high! I hope all will be well, but I know for now it is going to be a stressful time. Hugs. When we found out my sons arm was under developed, they suggested all kinds of things that could be wrong genetically. And only time and successfully scans showing only the arm was affected helped us relax. Try to hold on to that it is a risk factor not a diagnosis.

Afm, baby keeps hiding behind my fibroid. Doc still couldn’t find it with a Doppler today. So off I went for another peak, the 4th time. All was well, but it’s been nerve wracking that they couldn’t find it. HB was 157 :)

Eppgirl - sorry about the thyroid levels. Mine came back high twice and I was all worried and it turned out to be nothing. I know it's so hard to stay calm though - hope you get to speak to your doc soon! And post your levels if they tell you them, the week I spent stressing over numbers I did so much research haha, and if ours are at all similar you can know it's probably nothing to worry about :)

Cute announcement Rach!

Sorry Allie about that news - but just think, 1 in 225 odds mean a 99.6% chance of a healthy baby :)

I had a good appointment w the midwife today, all is clear with my bladder infection and thyroid, so we're both hoping not to have to talk again until January! Doppler read heart rate between 164-168. I'm starting to think it might be a girl after all!

Allie, I’m sorry about the worry. That’s still a low risk though, try to think about that. Hopefully the NIPT results come back quickly and are negative. Fx for you.

Thanks ladies.

I like thinking of it as a percentage like that, thanks. I just hate how they called the results 'positive' I guess because most people have very definite odds it's not.

I can relate to those of you worried about test results. We have a patient portal but my doc isn't putting stuff up for me, not even my u/s results. I wanted to look about the nasal bone.

Rach, that announcement is beyond adorable. I love it!

Mom and Sander, glad you both had good appointments! :thumbup:

epp try not to worry. :hug:

Allie sorry about the concerning results. Since your scan came back within normal limits do they think the blood is faulty?

Allie sorry about the concerning results. Since your scan came back within normal limits do they think the blood is faulty?

Nope. :shrug: The nurse was most unhelpful/didn't want to say much but she said they use the U/S results and the blood results and my age (33) to come up with a ratio. My ratio ended up within 'positive' limits. I asked her if because my u/s was normal if that meant my blood was super off/bad, and she just kinda nodded but not in a committal way.

I hate not having information. I should have the NIPT test results in a week.

Allie can I ask what the NIPT test is? I thought that was the blood test? Or are you getting it retaken?

Yes I was going to ask the same thing about the nipt. I know it's worrying but just keep thinking that's only a 0.4% chance which is so tiny. I think our ages always bump the chance up on their ratio to and that's not anything that has been tested.

Rach I love that announcement so cute!!

Allie can I ask what the NIPT test is? I thought that was the blood test? Or are you getting it retaken?

The NIPT test is called the Harmony Test in the UK and sometimes the MaterniT21 test in the US. It's the newer test that doesn't look at hormones but looks at the baby's DNA from my blood (fancy:baby:).

It's apparently much more accurate than the hormone blood draw. They normally don't offer it to 'low risk' women under 35 which is why I had the regular first trimester screen (which combines nuchal measurements, hCG and PAPP-A blood levels, and age). The baby's nuchal translucency was very normal, so the blood work it what is giving me a risk of 1/225. The blood with my age.

The NIPT will actually look at DNA- if that is positive, we will have an amnio to to be 100% sure the baby has Down's. If the NIPT is negative, then we no longer have to worry (but will probably still need extra screening because when levels of PAPP-A and hcG are abnormal it can be indicative of things like IGR, pre-eclampsia and placental insufficency).

With my DS we opted out of any genetic testing. I guess this time we just did it because I'm 33 and not 26 anymore. I am kind of wishing we hadn't done it.

Sorry to hear about the uncertainty for your sister, PG.

Great news on your apartment & DH's raise, Sander.

Epp, hope your doc gets back to you soon, but It's entirely treatable- my SIL has thyroid problems & has been successfully treated in pregnancy.

Allie, so sorry you have this worry. I hope the NIPT test comes back negative & eases your mind. 33 isn't old! I'm 38...

Nope. :shrug: The nurse was most unhelpful/didn't want to say much but she said they use the U/S results and the blood results and my age (33) to come up with a ratio. My ratio ended up within 'positive' limits. I asked her if because my u/s was normal if that meant my blood was super off/bad, and she just kinda nodded but not in a committal way.

I hate not having information. I should have the NIPT test results in a week.

I just had my ultrasound and the dr went over all these tests with me and with the NIPT you can find out gender. That is something too look forward too!

Have been picking up movement on the doppler - so crazy! Can't feel anything yet, but the kicks are very loud through the headphones

Allie sorry your results have come back worrying. I decided not to have the tests as the results would not give us an answer either way just leave us worried if we were high risk. I hope your results come back soon and give you peace of mind.

:hugs: Allie, hopefully the harmony result will come back ok.

Had a private scan yesterday, all looked ok and was wondful to see baby on screen. DD was in the room with us but had no clue what was going on and was far more interested in eating her snacks :haha:

Told DH’s parents last night, they were so suprised and didn’t expect a thing but are really happy.

Attachments

• 780FE5E1-1E96-4624-B1BE-8420A0AC8613.jpg
    780FE5E1-1E96-4624-B1BE-8420A0AC8613.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79