June jewels 2018!!!!

Hi spiffy!!

About the baby's sex.....so funny, I wanted a girl SO BADLY and now that I know she's a girl I am slightly freaking out. I was looking at baby clothes and I had a longing look at the boy section as I have such fond memories of dressing Alistair haha!! And I have been super excited about girl's clothes!! I think we are just naturally comfortable with what we know. :)

I have proof the universe is very unfair. Pregnant women should not get stomach flu!i was throwing up last night until 1am and I have to get on a plane this evening. So unfair.

I feel for you hun. I had it a few weeks ago. I was so so thirsty but couldn't keep anything down.

Welcome fxmummy!! I think we were once on a ttc #2 thread together which wasn’t a very active thread so I unfollowed it. So funny how we ended up getting pregnant at the same time. I also know my husband for 17 years and have a bicornuate uterus. And squig, not to answer for fxmummy, but bicornuate doesn’t have to mean septum. In my case as far as We know (only from ultrasound) it is just a dip at the top of the uterus which causes it to be heartshaped and it has two horns. So the two round parts on a heart. The risk is that the center part can have less than optimal blood flow. In my case my first pregnancy went normal, my water did break two weeks before my dd, but it’s anyone’s guess if that was due to bicornuate uterus. You due tend to run out of room earlier.

I have two more weeks till my next appointment. I wish I had one this week. We have all this family coming into town and I just wish I knew everything was fine. Ever so slightly spotting again, just when I wipe. I just can’t relax until I feel this baby move. Thought about getting a Doppler, but my doc couldn’t find it two weeks ago guessing due to my large fibroid, so I worry I won’t be able to find it and than I am really going to freak out. I wish they had little check on your baby stations at pharmacies. Oh maybe a new business idea. Haha
If spotting is still there next week I might call my doc but by then it would be only one more week till my app and if something is wrong, maybe I don’t want to know right before Christmas. Why does this have to consume me so much grrr

Hi mom15 yes I remember you from that thread! It went quiet as quite a few got their bfps and I was an old timer still a year later with no bfp so yes, migrated to other threads!

Are they treating you as high risk because of the bicornuate? I don’t have a septum but it’s very dipped at the top and my two ‘horns’ look quite narrow. Baby is in my right horn!! Their concerns are preterm labour and breech presentation. Although because things went all ok with my ds they’re not too worried, he was head down and came at 39+6 so praying all ok this time too.

Curious, that sounds more than miserable - I hope you get through the flight ok. Where are you going?

Ladders congrats! To help ease your concern....my bro is 6 yrs older than me and we were super close until he went to high school. My sis is only 4 yrs older than me and we just started getting along like 2 yrs ago (im 30 now lol) so really gender doesnt matter nor does age gap!

I'm so jealous of all of you with your early gender scans!! I found a place that will do ours at 16 weeks (Saturday) and am going to try and convince DH... it's $129, but it's also a 3D scan. I'm so dying to know!!

There is one here that does it for like $60 if you do a really short scan lol.

Is there anyone staying team yellow?!! It’s going to be a hard wait!

Yes they offer a $69 dollar scan too but I don't know if they still do a free 're-do' in case baby doesn't cooperate. Plus I have to pay extra for pictures - so I'd rather do the $129. Either way DH doesnt seem convinced, he'd rather wait it out - so we'll see haha

I think there a few on team yellow fx, so you should have some buddies! I admire you guys who can wait all 9 months, I need to know :dohh:

It’s the thing that got me through labour and pushing for two hours!!! I was desperate to know! Ha ha!! I figured that extra bit of motivation helps! Also dh absolutely loves the surprise so there’s no way he’d want to find out!

That's actually a genius idea!! Maybe for the next baby we'll try that

So DH agreed to get the scan after all, and the lady was like well we can get you in tonight if you want - so we said sure and..... it's a boy! Very clearly a boy too haha

He was hiding his face the whole time but we got a couple of nice pictures anyhow.

I feel super nervous about having a boy - like I worry about coddling. Anyone with boys to give some advice?

In the meantime here are some pictures :)

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

Fxmummy - same here high risk with same concerns. DS was in my right horn. He turned head down at 24 weeks and never turned again. His feet were in the same spot kicking me for 13 weeks. I thought I was going to get a bruise. But it makes me nervous that has he not turned that early he would have been stuck being breech. Just like you I had a natural labor without any pain relief and call me crazy but I loved it! So my biggest fear is a breech baby (all the other big fears about a healthy and alive baby aside) and that I don’t get another natural labor. But too early to really worry about it. And something else we are the same in is staying team yellow. I did with my son too and it was the best moment when he cane out and I found out then. At 20 weeks I will have a level 2 anatomy scan. Also nervous for that one, but hoping all will be fine. Oh and this time baby is in the left horn. My baby that didn’t make it earlier this year was also on the left, but I don’t think that was the reason I miscarried. Fx the we both have full term head down healthy babies!

Congrats sanders. I have two boys.

I have to wait til 5th jan to find out what team we are on. Feels like ages away.

Thank you guys! I am sooo much better today. The flight yesterday was rough. It was just a long day that started early with taking DD to get off the cast that she’d had on her leg since her surgery a few weeks ago and ended with a 5.5 hour flight. But I got some solid sleep and other than a little jet lag I’m feeling good.

We’re in CA visiting family through New Years. Currently we’re at my parent’s house and my brother is getting married tomorrow! It’s just a little thing in the morning with immediate family but my mom is throwing my soon to be SIL a tea this afternoon and then we have a Hanukkah party to go to tonight. Then next week off to do Christmas with DH’s family! Busy busy.

A wedding, how lovely, enjoy!

Congratulations on :blue:, Sander!

Definitely not staying team yellow here. I have a scan on Tuesday but I expect it will be too early to tell at 14+4, but the one in early January should be good timing! I think it's a girl anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->