June jewels 2018!!!!

Hey ladies, I had an impromptu ultrasound with my OB yesterday because they had trouble finding the heartbeat with the doppler, and she said she thinks baby is a boy. At 13+4 weeks, how accurate do you think it is? I'll admit, we were really hoping for a girl this time. :(

I'm glad you're ok curious, sounds busy but lovely.

Aww, a boy Sander! I keep flip flopping thinking what mine is, I think girl most of the time.
I think I'm leaning towards girl but I have some cute boys names so either is good.

I don't know why but but I've been feeling a little paranoid about whether everything is OK. I had a bath then worried after that I'd made it too hot. I thought I'd be relaxed after the 14 week scan but I a little worried.
I think I'm feeling some movement so I I'm concentrating on that.

Yeah sander welcome to the boy club! And no mistaking hes a boy lol! I'm super nervous too because never had experience with a boy but I'm getting more and more excited as it will be new

Hey ladies, I had an impromptu ultrasound with my OB yesterday because they had trouble finding the heartbeat with the doppler, and she said she thinks baby is a boy. At 13+4 weeks, how accurate do you think it is? I'll admit, we were really hoping for a girl this time. :(

Honestly I'd still be prepared for it to be a girl. I wouldn't trust anything before sixteen weeks. I know it's tough. I was happy to have my third boy but I was sad for my daughter to never have a sister. But then I remembered me and my sister nearly killed eachother growing up and maybe it won't be so bad haha.

It's ok to feel dissapointed if it's another boy, but remember you will love this baby just as much as all the others and whats meant to be will be :)

So DH agreed to get the scan after all, and the lady was like well we can get you in tonight if you want - so we said sure and..... it's a boy! Very clearly a boy too haha

He was hiding his face the whole time but we got a couple of nice pictures anyhow.

I feel super nervous about having a boy - like I worry about coddling. Anyone with boys to give some advice?

In the meantime here are some pictures :)

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

Congrats and welcome to Team Blue :)

Congrats Sander and Spiffy all Team :blue:

:hugs: Spiffy and don't feel guilty as gender disappointment is super real and okay.

What is our tally for :blue: and :pink: ?

I'm :pink:

I don't know why but but I've been feeling a little paranoid about whether everything is OK. I had a bath then worried after that I'd made it too hot. I thought I'd be relaxed after the 14 week scan but I a little worried.
I think I'm feeling some movement so I I'm concentrating on that.

I feel you!!! I LOVE baths but always have a wee worry and I use a water thermometer. I keep the water at 99.

My latest worry was on Friday I had a prenatal massage and she had the bed heated. She said it was okay as it was a low setting but at some point I realized my skin on my tummy was warm to the touch and it ruined the massage for me. :nope: I also felt nausea and light headed after so that freaked me out. Sigh.

OH and then I skipped out on our weekend trip to see my mom as I freaked out about flying by plane even though it's safe, as I have not seen my high risk doc yet. My regular OB gave the OK but I just couldn't live with the fear. :( I honestyl spend much of my weekend crying like a hormonal weirdo!! :wacko:

Curious, I just saw you made a flight yourself! But since you're staying longer I'm sure the flight was worth it! Did you get swollen? Enjoy CA.

Curious, I just saw you made a flight yourself! But since you're staying longer I'm sure the flight was worth it! Did you get swollen? Enjoy CA.

I didn’t luckily! I mentioned it to my MW and she just told me to get up every hour as your risk for blood clots while flying increases when you’re pregnant and you want to make sure your circulation is good. Getting up all the time is not hard though when you’re flying with a toddler 😂

I have more than my fair share of pregnancy worries (I worry if I strain too hard on the toilet, lolol!) but I flew all throughout my pregnancy with DD so flying isn’t one of them.

PG - I wouldn't worry about baths too much. It's one of the first things I asked my midwife about and she said that hot tubs are the only real concern. As soon as the bathtub is full the water starts to cool down, and if you can stand to sit in it without it being burning hot - baby is fine :)

And interesting tidbit on flying Curious, I never thought about it. We don't have any trips planned as flying in Canada is ridiculously expensive. Maybe after baby is here :)

So I could really really use some help on names. I've been going through this awful hormonal thing with this little boy, at first I was happy, but I told my family and they were hoping for a girl - and I feel like it's affected me now. I feel so guilty about not being as excited for a boy, but I feel like if I could just nail down a name I really liked it would help me feel more connected to him.

So here's my list so far - Oliver is my favourite but not DH's, and we can't really name the baby Wesley because there's already a Wes in the family, but I just like it anyways.

Sawyer
Elias
Thatcher
Oliver
Tucker
Christopher
Wesley
Mordecai

Sander Oliver and Sawyer are on my list too!

Also please dont feel guilty for having gender disappointment. I had it bad with my daughter. Took me a solid month to get over it. What helped was creating a registry and finding little girly clothes to get me excited.

Thanks Rach! This afternoon we're going to pick up some groceries and I think I'll go through the baby section and pick out some boys clothes to help get used to the idea. I work with a little boy and have for the past 4 years, and I love that kid so much, so I try and think of how great of a relationship we have, and he's not even my son - so surely I'll love my son 100x more.

Elias is a lovely name Sander, Oliver is really nice too. My friends little boy is called oliver and he's so cute

PG - I wouldn't worry about baths too much. It's one of the first things I asked my midwife about and she said that hot tubs are the only real concern. As soon as the bathtub is full the water starts to cool down, and if you can stand to sit in it without it being burning hot - baby is fine :)

And interesting tidbit on flying Curious, I never thought about it. We don't have any trips planned as flying in Canada is ridiculously expensive. Maybe after baby is here :)

So I could really really use some help on names. I've been going through this awful hormonal thing with this little boy, at first I was happy, but I told my family and they were hoping for a girl - and I feel like it's affected me now. I feel so guilty about not being as excited for a boy, but I feel like if I could just nail down a name I really liked it would help me feel more connected to him.

So here's my list so far - Oliver is my favourite but not DH's, and we can't really name the baby Wesley because there's already a Wes in the family, but I just like it anyways.

Sawyer
Elias
Thatcher
Oliver
Tucker
Christopher
Wesley
Mordecai

I had a wee bit of gender disappointment when it was confirmed Alistair was a boy -- I agree shopping and a name really helped and calling him my 'baby boy' etc. Now I can't imagine not having had a boy!! He is my little mommy's boy and so sweet. I'm sorry your family aren't more supportive.

Sawyer, Oliver and Christopher are my faves on that list. Have you looked at Nameberry? There are so many cute boy names out there!! Is this LO had been a boy he probably would have been Harrison.

Right now we have no real girl's names. :dohh:
Martha and Ailsa are the only two hubby and I can agree on but I'm not 100% on either.

PS. If I lived in Vancouver I wouldn't worry about travelling --- such a gorgeous area all around you!!!

I’m jealous of all the name talk. MH won’t even begin the discussion until after the holidays.

Sander, I agree, don’t feel bad! I have a little bit of disappointment since this is very likely our last and I’ll never be a boy mom. But there are so many wonderful things specific to each and you will love being his mom!

All the name talk is so exciting! I can’t think of many boy names at the moment but have a girls name picked out.

Does anyob else feel like the reassurance of a recent scan only lasts a few days before the worry sets in again? I’m feeling anxious again, and woke up with lots of backache and twinges :(

Had my checkup today. Heard the heartbeat for the first time. 150 bpm. She found it immediately, baby was right in the center and didnt move. It was great.

Next appts are: Jan 2, high risk ob. Jan 19 reg ob check up. Jan 26 anatomy scan. Phew its a busy month!

Don't ever feel bad for gender dissapointment!!

I wanted a girl SO badly with my first i was so upset when I realised I was having a boy...like what do I do with a boy? I'd imagined myself with girls.

However it's cliche but once he was here I just loved him so much I didn't care whether he was a boy girl or a unicorn haha

And now I'm on my third boy (I have 1 girl) I have no gender dissapointment at all even tho people keep saying 'oh another boy? thats a shame!' like...not it's not, its my baby

Had my 12 week Nt scan today!
Everything went perfect baby is measuring exactly 12 weeks 2 days, and was wriggling away like crazy, he or she did NOT like the probe lol.
HB was 166 bpm and strong.
NT measured good as well.

I'm so glad to hear there were a few people who were a little disappointed as well! I feel like it's totally being fuelled by hormones too. But we went clothes shopping and they have cute little baby boy onsies and hoodies etc, it got me more excited :)

Congrats on your great scan eppgirl and Rach!

And yes fx, I also find scans to only be reassuring for so long. I'm sure once we all feel more movement that will help!

Lots of snow here today for the first time this year. Anyone else getting snow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->