June jewels 2018!!!!

Sander im in Michigan and we got about 10” the other day. But its all melted now btwn yesterday and today being low 40’s.

Also baby was up way higher than I thought it would be, I figured it was right at or a little above my pelvic bone but nope, baby is right below my belly button. ❤️

Sander I felt the same too, finding out we are having a boy is a bit scary and overwhelming. I have no idea what to do with a boy and I saved all my daughters clothes, coats bedding etc as just assumed would have another girl. When we had the scan I couldn't help but cry a bit, not because I was unhappy it was a boy but sad it wasn't a girl if that makes sense. I have a sister and my sister has two girls and I wanted my dd to have the sister relationship that I have. What has helped me is not announcing yet so you guys are the only ones that know so far. I would have been too sensitive to comments from family had we told straight away. I'm feeling much more confident now so when we do tell on new years eve I'll be totally in swayable! I also think it's a hormone thing because before the scan i kept crying because either way there was a name I was never going to get to use, how silly!!

Congrats rach and eppgirl on your scans! So nice to see a happy baby!:)
Eppgirl how rude! I can't believe people would say thats a shame ! That would totally infuriate me

Ladders I love that - it's the perfect way to describe it, not unhappy it's a boy but sad it's not a girl. I've read that a lot of people say once the baby (boy in this case) comes, it's impossible to imagine them as a girl; and that their little personalities will be unique regardless of their gender. It's also so weird to think these little boys (and girls) will probably never meet, but as their moms we all knew all about each of them before they were born!

Good news on your scans, Rach & eppgirl.

I had one yesterday too; 14+4. I was ready for it as I began feeling quite anxious on Monday night even though there was no reason to, but it had been 3 weeks which is the longest I've had to go. All perfect; baby wriggling away & measuring perfectly for dates :)

I like your names, Sander. I think I'm having a girl, but my current boy favourite is Rory.

Ladders I love that - it's the perfect way to describe it, not unhappy it's a boy but sad it's not a girl. I've read that a lot of people say once the baby (boy in this case) comes, it's impossible to imagine them as a girl; and that their little personalities will be unique regardless of their gender. It's also so weird to think these little boys (and girls) will probably never meet, but as their moms we all knew all about each of them before they were born!

:flower::flower: No pressure to this group :haha: but I was/am part of a TTCAL group on here that started in 2010 (Disco Derail) and we've moved off BnB to FB only, but we've met most of each other IRL and even had a reunion in San Fran a few years ago!! It was amazing!! All of our babies are within a few months of each other (well most of the babies). I'm living in one of the lady' houses (renting it haha), have been to London to go to one of the baby's birthday parties....it's been amazing for these kiddos to meet when they were all bump buddies together. :)

It's true, I was so nervous for a boy (like, what do I do with a BOY?!?!!?) and when he was born I couldn't have imagined any other baby. :cloud9:

FX, I get nervous between scans too. It's been a month since my 12 week scan and I still have another month to go before anatomy scan!! OMG it feels TOO LONG!! I wish they would just scan me tomorrow at my 16 week appt.

I hate it when people make you feel bad for gender disappointment. Of course a healthy baby is all our main priority but it’s human nature to want/hope for things.

From being young I always wanted 2 girls, now I have 2 boys who I love to death, they are amazing. This will be our last baby and I’m already preparing myself for another boy, I know I’m gonna be disappointed that I will never have a daughter but I will love a son just as much.

Everyone is already asking if we want a girl and I know we will get the oh that’s a shame from some people if it turns out to be another boy, which I feel it is.

I'm so glad the scans are going well. I was surprised at how high my baby was at the scan too Epp!

I have a couple of names I really like, my OH doesn't want to talk names too much till we know what it is so I keep a list of boy and girl names.

I definitely think the scans only help you feel relaxed for a little bit. I'm getting quite a lot of movement which feels nice but very easy to miss as it's so gentle atm.
I had a go at a YouTube pilates workout yesterday for second trimester and it was good but made me worry that the hip pain is starting already.

Can someone remind me what the Facebook group is called? Thanks!

Can someone remind me what the Facebook group is called? Thanks!

It's a secret group ~ June Jewels. You can add me as a friend and I will add you to the group. :) Do a search for me ~ Holly Herrin. My profile pic is of my 4 year old daughter in her Christmas dress. :)

Holly I sent you a friend request and a message, Tennessee Pike I hope I got the right profile

Ive had a big ole paranoid night!
I went to see my friends 1 day old baby in hospital and it was lovely, he fell asleep on my chest and it made me realise that I can do this again.

The problem was we went straight from work and I didn't end up eating till 8:40pm and felt very sick and dizzy by this time. I had stomach cramps too, which could have been hunger.
Then I fell asleep and woke to a message from my sister saying she's not coming up tomorrow as she's going in for a scan as she's bleeding heavily.
I haven't been able to sleep properly with worry then, about my sister and my baby. Its been a long night.

Hope your sister is ok pg5k.

I had a few cramps yesterday after a busy day,I think it just the body’s way of reminding you to slowdown. I’m sure all is well with your baby.

I saw the midwife today and got to hear the hb. A steady 160 and all was well.

I hope your sister is ok PG :hugs: so scary!!!

Topaz ~ the heartbeat is the BEST sound :cloud9:

PG, thinking about you and your sister. Cramps after a long day are normal from my experience.

Topaz, I'm glad you had a good midwife appt. :) Love hearing baby's hb!

Unfortunately my sisters been for a scan again yesterday and they don't think it's viable. They said that basically if she wanted a drink over Christmas then to go for it.
She's coming up today so I'll get to see her. It's not a good start to Christmas but she's had her doubts about how the pregnancy was progressing.

I haven't heard the heartbeat. The midwife said she won't do it at the 16 week appointment as when they couldn't find it then people panicked. It seemed like a pointless visit really just to have my urine and blood pressure checked. I loved hearing the heartbeat, it was my favourite part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->