June jewels 2018!!!!

Allie, I wouldn't worry about IUGR, just because you haven't gained weight. IUGR is usually caused by problems with the placenta or the ubilical cord, neither of which has anything to do with your weight gain. Babies are like leeches, they take what they need, and if anyone suffers, it'll be you. :winkwink:

Thanks Spiffy. I worry about IUGR being in Colorado (last baby was at sea level lol) and because of my blood results in first tri. Logically I know weight gain doesn't mean much but I feel like if I had I would feel better iykwim?

Do you think being at high altitude contributed to your wee babies? Someone just told me yesterday it makes a big difference; I had no idea. :wacko:

I really wanted to try and contain my weight gain and I think I'm just panicking. For me I didn't actually throw up so I felt really nauseous but eating helped stop it so I was already up by 5lb before getting to week #
Hopefully you'll catch up soon Allie, I'm sure it'll be fine. My sister didn't put on too much weight and lost a stone in the first trimester but had a healthy girl

Allie, only my first baby had IUGR (hers was due to placental failure). My other three were all small because they came early. I've never heard that high altitude can cause IUGR, though. That's interesting. Ever since my first, I've been taking baby aspirin along with my prenatal, and haven't had a problem since.

That's what I'm doing, so I hope it works!!

Right now I'm desperate to get rid of this darn cough. :/

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! 2018 is the year we will be holding our babies!!! :cloud9:

Happy new year everyone. It's the year to meet our babies!

Has anyone set new year's resolutions?
Mine are:
Eat less bread
Cook more traditional Italian dinners (I have Italian family)
Walk more
Start a new hobby. I'm thinking of doing jams and preserves.

Those are good ones!!

I would like to improve my relationships here in town/make friends here in town (we moved here recently and haven't met very many people) and be better with money for the baby. Kinda boring lol. I was gonna do this Peak Challenge thing but I'll have to wait until the baby is born and post partum recovery is finished. :)

Try not to stress about weight gain ladies. I know it's easier said than done but whatever weight I put on in my pregnancies seemed to mostly come off after giving birth and the weeks/months after quite naturally. Then I just dieted/exercised to get myself to a weight I was happy with. I say it's best to enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible and not worry too much xx

Try not to stress about weight gain ladies. I know it's easier said than done but whatever weight I put on in my pregnancies seemed to mostly come off after giving birth and the weeks/months after quite naturally. Then I just dieted/exercised to get myself to a weight I was happy with. I say it's best to enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible and not worry too much xx

I lost absolutely none of my baby weight after the baby and had to diet/exercise to get back to where I was before but I still agree with this. I had months where I gained nothing and other months where I gained 8lbs, eating the same and same activity level. Mostly your body is just going to do what it’s going to do and it’s not worth worrying too much about.

I think boring resolutions aren't a bad thing, they're practical. Hopefully a new baby will help you make friends. A lot of my sisters good friends are the ones she made at baby classes and 2 1/2 years later they're all still meeting up.
I want to go to baby things this time. I didn't with my first as my ex husband didn't work so we ended up just staying together all the time. This time my boyfriend works full time so I'd like to get out and make new friends.

I think it took me a year last time to lose the weight. I know I shouldn't worry but I've always been really bothered by any pound I put on. I think if I can keep up with a little gentle exercise then that'll help afterwards. I know it's stupid but my boyfriend is naturally slim and I feel like a whale next to him, even though he says how beautiful I am pregnant. Maybe that should be another resolution: body confidence :thumbup:

Had my high risk appt today. Went great. Tech was so great and spent a while trying to see the gender for us. She’s pretty positive its a BOY!! Dh and I agree, she went back a few times and looked like boy bits for sure. My actually anatomy scan is the 26th so we’ll wait to announce until then. Babes is measuring in the 60th percentile for size and everything looked great!

Attachments

• 1984C5C2-6851-47DC-891E-F2DEB32E7FFA.jpg
    1984C5C2-6851-47DC-891E-F2DEB32E7FFA.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1693EF73-02F9-4845-9285-EAF2D64837A3.jpg
    1693EF73-02F9-4845-9285-EAF2D64837A3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2
My resolutions are boring:
-Declutter all rooms and cupboards
-Listen to more audiobooks
-Meditate at least 3 times a week
-Walk (local 3 mile walk) at least 3 times a week
- Be healthier and drink more water
-Go to bed earlier
-More days away on the weekends with the kids

Are we still updating the front page? If so, Ladders can you put a little blue stork by my name. Thank you!!

Has anyone had sharp pinching pains in their cervix/vagina? I asked on the second tri board and I guess it’s normal... but it stresses me the heck out! I asked my OB and she said it’s normal for my body but didn’t check anything... I literally feel like I’m getting a Pap smear multiple times per day! No fun!

I lost absolutely none of my baby weight after the baby and had to diet/exercise to get back to where I was before but I still agree with this. I had months where I gained nothing and other months where I gained 8lbs, eating the same and same activity level. Mostly your body is just going to do what it’s going to do and it’s not worth worrying too much about.

Thats it, so much is genetics as well. Some people will just genetically put on more than others no matter what they do or eat, some people lose it without effort, some people need effort.

With my third I had hypermesis and was SO poorly I hardly put on any weight during the pregnancy, this pregnancy I've put on like twelve pounds already and I keep reminding myself thats so much better than being sick thirty times a day haha.

I'll worry about it when the baby is here XD

Can I also request a little blue stork on the front please? Sorry ladders, if I could update it on my own I would :wacko:

Ladders, I'll need a pink stork lol. :) Also my due date is June 3rd.

Rach, look at those cute pics!!! Hi baby!! I knew you were wanting a boy so YAY!! :happydance: And of course most important, he's healthy. :)

mayb-baby I love those resolutions. Sound a lot like mine except I can't do audiobooks, but I already read a ton haha. I need to start walking since I was pretty lazy (aka super sick) during first tri and then had this virus for the past week...blah. I also like the idea of getting away more at weekends! We live 45 min from Denver and there is a ton to do there but we rarely go....

Mrs_Gax, sounds like lighning crotch. A few of us have been getting it and it's normal!

------------------

AFM I had a big scan today with my high risk doctor. Baby is definitely a girl, and measuring right on, and all looks good. I drank some OJ as I wanted to see her move and BOY did I lol!! She was moving all over, did a flip, punched my placenta, did some kicks, hid her face with her hands. The tech was having a hard time getting all of the shots she needed.

She had to double check a few things...at one point she called the dr in to look at the umbilical cord but the dr said it was fine and nothing to worry about (?!!?) Guess I'll just trust the high risk doc.

I will have to go back for growth scans due to my low PAPP-A, which is fine! Also, at 24 weeks baby will be getting a fetal echocardiogram due to my son's history of a congenital heart defect. He had a wee hole in his heart (called patent ductus arteriosus) and had it fixed when he was 4. I didn't think that would mean anything for this pregnancy but I guess when a sibling has a defect it increases chances for siblings. But right now they said her heart looks good!

Lovely pics Rach.

Glad your appt went well, Allie. DH & I were in Denver for a couple of days 5 years ago - we loved it. Moving to the States is in no way in our plans, but Denver/Colorado would be a strong contender if we did :)

My new year's resolution is not to die from sleep deprivation. We're moving house the week after next, & once we're settled, I intend to do something about my daughter's terrible sleep. I can't keep going on like this.

Is anyone else finding that food is making them sick? Finally the constant nausea has gone, but once I eat, I feel nauseous for several hours :/ I thought it was a minor bug, but it's been a week now so maybe it's some random pregnancy thing?

They sound like fab resolution mayb. I've never tried meditation but I'd like to, I just have short attention which I know I can build up if I try.
I've never listened to an audio book but I do read a lot. I always have my kindle next to the bed which is great when I can't sleep. I'm currently reading a food writers journey across Italy. It makes me a little sad I'm not going to go this year.

Your scan sounds fab allie and very thorough which is excellent!

Oh sqidge, sleep deprevation is awful. My daughter is now 5 and only wakes once or twice in the night now but she was never a great sleeper. Sometimes I was up 5-6 times with her until recently.
Does she wake a lot or get up too early?

For me, I'm feeling a lot of movement which is making me happy. I'm trying really hard to enjoy my pregnancy figure and I've started on my maternity clothes this week.
Im still knackered at night which makes me feel really antisocial because if I see friends I either want them gone by 9pm or be home by 9 so I can rest up! ��
My scan is 2 weeks today so we can hopefully join team pink or blue

I'm glad I'm not the only tired one, PG! I am SO TIRED. I took a 3 hour nap today. Felt like a lazy slob.....but I'm still quite tired......

Do you usually take your annual holiday to Italy? I've never been to Italy!

Not much new here, I'm not feeling much movement at all, but reassured by how much baby was moving at scan yesterday even though I felt nothing haha.

Despite my 3 hour nap, it is 830 pm and I'm heading up to bed to read and go to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->