June jewels 2018!!!!

Thanks ladders, I love Eli Peter! It's actually so cute, because I'm sure Elias will get shortened to Eli as a nickname, so these boys will unknowingly share age and names!

Rach sometimes I get bouts of nausea but I can't decide if just I'm fighting off the flu. It's not as bad as it was though, and no puking! Haha

I had my anatomy scan today. Everything is perfect! Although it all worked out with DD my scan had some issues last pregnancy so this was such a relief. Cloud 9. The dr was great too, he explained every single thing he was seeing and all the measurements. Baby girl is growing and healthy. She is 11oz and 25th-30th percentile except, like DD, she already seems to have my long legs. I’m so so happy.

Except I gained 10lb last month. Ugh! Back to healthy eating and working out.

Attachments

• 9B9EE9D4-31DE-47F5-90E7-B0D5C2893621.jpg
    9B9EE9D4-31DE-47F5-90E7-B0D5C2893621.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 4
So happy for you curious! Glad babes is looking/growing great!

Ah brilliant curious, I have mine on Monday and having secret panics that they got the gender wrong! not because I wouldn't want a girl but if already given away all the old baby girl stuff and started painting nursery from pink to blue. Sure it's a boy but hada dream otherwise and can't stop worrying lol! I put loads of weight on over xmas because been eating crazy but reinedit back in bow and and lost 1 pound this week which I'm really pleased about, not wanting to keep loosing just slow down gain so im in normal gain levels

sander imagine if they come on the same day! We had this name since being preggo with dd so nice we finally get to use it although still a bit sad we don't get to ever use our girl name (seriously hormones get me upset at everything)

Aww I'm loving these scans again! I'm so glad everything went perfectly curious.
Mine is Thursday and I can't wait to be team pink or blue.
I've put on a stone over my whole pregnancy so far I really need to slow down. I started to keep a food diary to help me cut down on crap from my diet. Until today I've done really well but today I've had two pieces of Christmas cake and an Indian takeaway but it's definitely a treat as I usually cook all our meals.
I also started doing aqua aerobics this week so hopefully I can keep my weight on track.

Hormones are crazy ladders and my dreams are also mental at the moment. Hopefully your scan will put your mind at rest.

My bump is feeling huge now. I'm definitely into maternity wear now.

Attachments

• IMG-20180111-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180111-WA0002.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 11
I'm jealous of all you ladies with big bumps!! Mine is there but not obvious unless I wear super tight clothes and low rise jeans. I wish it was more prominent because I feel like such a jerk taking a seat on the bus when it's crowded - usually I stand but now I worry about falling over, but it's not obvious that I'm pregnant yet -_-

See - photos taken at the same time, one with clothes I'll normally wear, and then the tight undershirt. I just look like I put on weight most of the time

D767_E77_B_AFFD_47_DC_83_CB_1_C41_D984046_C.jpg

Mines mostly the same sander. If I don't wear tight clothes then some people haven't even noticed but as soon as I have a proper maternity tights dress on my bump looks huge!
Your bump looks ever so lovely

That’s how it was for me too with my first sander. I hated it. This time around I got big and round quick. I look like I did in the pictures about a month further along with DD1. So it’ll happen but I know it sucks!

I always tend to show early and look huge. I have a small torso, so I guess baby has nowhere else to go, but out. This was a couple days ago at 17+2 weeks.

Attachments

• 20180110_123726.jpg
    20180110_123726.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
Ha sander mines exactly the same. Waiting for a decent bump! Though Im also not because I dont like random people trying to touch me lol. Last pregnancy I popped around 19 weeks. This time ive popped the past couple days so Im sure it’ll be here soon!

Argh I lost a whole post replying to each person individually! Boooo!!!

In summary, love all of the names and everyone's bumps look great and YAY for the scans and OMG yes I can't believe we are halfway!

I'm also not quite showing as overtly pregnant yet and get looks at my swollen tummy like maybe or maybe not?? by people lol. I def. have to wear tight clothes to show off bump.

I was saying I am getting daily headaches in the evening--- taking Tylenol nearly every day, trying not to but eventually I give in. Sigh. As of last week my BP was fine and I've been getting them most of the pregnancy. Have OB appt next week and I'll double check with him what I should do.

Weirdly my pregnancy app said today that headaches can be really common Allie, hopefully they'll stop soon for you.
Its always worth asking someone about though.

I'm feeling a bit achy when I walk around today but I've had some proper kicks, this morning I was lying in bed and could easily feel a couple of the kicks from the outside. I don't know why but I think this baby will be a bit taller than my last and maybe a boy.
The girls in my family are quite short, I'm 5'2. I can't wait to know now!

Great news, curious!

PG, I've already put on a stone too. I can't stop eating junk. Very little else appeals to me which doesn't help. That's also unusual for me in pregnancy.

I'm definitely showing. I didn't pop until after my 20 week scan with Róise, but people are already looking at my tummy a bit askance & I'm just past 18 weeks. I'm wearing baggy clothes to try to hide it as I don't want people to know til after my 20 week scan, but that's 2.5 weeks away so it's unlikely I'll get away with it that long :/

Thanks ladies!

I’m loling at the idea of ever having been able to hide this pregnancy. This was me going through my maternity clothes at 12w. Luckily I had the early blood test so I felt comfortable coming out with it soon after this!

Attachments

• E386CFA5-346A-460B-B0C2-15403B9EA5CE.jpg
    E386CFA5-346A-460B-B0C2-15403B9EA5CE.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7
, I have discovered something that I should have known about my disorder that may help me win the doctors over about a VBA2C. So with my condition I can NOT be in any kind of UV rays, (sun, halogen lighting, fluorescent lighting) that kind of thing. With both of my previous csections the doctors have used their lights (operating room lights, HORRIBLE for me) they would cut one off or whatever. Anyway, with my first I had a horrible experience, I was in and out during surgery, had horrible pains and should not have, and afterwards I could feel that I was "burned" internally. My scar reopened in holes for over 2 months after my surgery.
With my second it wasn't AS bad but healthwise I could have died. My blood pressure plummeted, I felt the "burning" I feel afterwards and dealt with months of burning.

I have to discuss with the doctors but it is either I have a VBA2C or they risk me dying because of the surgery. I am extremely lucky I made it through the first two. So many with my condition that just don't know or don't think do end up dying. It's scary! The other option is the hospital investing special filters for the light but honestly they'd have to get them anyway because if I do a VBA2C and an emergency happens, they would need the filters on the lights or I could still die.

I am now scared out of my mind and just praying my doctor will listen to me. Most doctors don't for the sole reason of "I'm the doctor not you"

:hugs: That sounds absolutely terrifying Eppgirl! You need to inform the doctors so you can get as many plans into place as possible.
I've not heard of it before but it's very important to understand so that you can tell people. I know doctors are good but they don't know everything.

It is! The worst part is that it is rare, there are maybe two doctors that I've seen my whole life (and I've seen a lot) that have even HEARD of it. A lot of them don't even look up what it is and just say well stay out of the lights. It is SO much more than that. I am missing the enzyme that breaks down the porphyrins from the sun and UV lights but that's not all, it affects the liver, gall bladder, stomach, it's in the bone marrow so affects all the joints in my body. I am considered anemic, BUT I also don't have the enzyme that breaks down iron sooo I get an overload of iron but because my liver can't process the iron it looks like my iron is low. There are like a million things. When doctors do tests it LOOKs like I have a hundred different disorders but it's all linked to my EPP. I also have immature red blood cells so my oxygen is honestly not that great but it looks like my oxygen is at 100%.

So all in all my health is not great. I am constantly in pain. And if I have to go outside at all or be in UV lights at all it is 100 times worse.

My energy levels are so crap! I feel like theres so much I need to do. I go between nesting and cleaning like crazy to just doing nothing lol.

I'm getting impatient now! Can't wait to meet this little man in around 20 weeks time <3

It is! The worst part is that it is rare, there are maybe two doctors that I've seen my whole life (and I've seen a lot) that have even HEARD of it. A lot of them don't even look up what it is and just say well stay out of the lights. It is SO much more than that. I am missing the enzyme that breaks down the porphyrins from the sun and UV lights but that's not all, it affects the liver, gall bladder, stomach, it's in the bone marrow so affects all the joints in my body. I am considered anemic, BUT I also don't have the enzyme that breaks down iron sooo I get an overload of iron but because my liver can't process the iron it looks like my iron is low. There are like a million things. When doctors do tests it LOOKs like I have a hundred different disorders but it's all linked to my EPP. I also have immature red blood cells so my oxygen is honestly not that great but it looks like my oxygen is at 100%.

So all in all my health is not great. I am constantly in pain. And if I have to go outside at all or be in UV lights at all it is 100 times worse.

That sounds very scary. I hope you find answers or a way to make things as safe as they can be

Do you have three boys at the moment and are you finding out what this one is? TO change the subject sorry. Just curious :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->