June jewels 2018!!!!

I would love to visit Italy, PG. I did GCSE Italian years ago but wasn't able to go any further. Such a beautiful language!

My daughter wakes about a million times a night. Twice would be a good night (still not good in my book). I'm up for ages with her usually, & if it's after about 3.30 then the chances of me getting back to sleep are slim. So e.g. I was up from 4.45 today, 3.35 yesterday, 4.05 the day before. I'm beyond exhausted. Even if i go to bed early, she often starts screeching & messing around early, so I can't get a decent stretch that way. I work full time too.

I've got Italian family and my parents have a house there so I've been pretty much every year of my life. The house we have is very traditional with no hot water or heating so we only go in the summer but this summer I'll have a tiny baby so I don't think it'll be too feasible. We are going to Amsterdam and France so I'm not missing out on a holiday, just missing my home from home.
My Italian is very bad as the town I stay in no one speaks English but they talk with very heavy dialect so I speak bad Italian :dohh:

I don't really have any suggestion squidge but I remember it too well. My daughter used to be awake through the night and I'd have to go and settle her then back to bed. Once I counted I was up 15 times! It was sheer persisting and some sleeping in her bed too. She moved to a divan bed at 18 months old.

Ah sorry ladies iv done the update, iv been so busy and distracted over the holiday iv not had chance to catch up and reply! Hope everyone's ok! Allie I bet was lovely to see little bubs flipping around! Iv been feeling "doug" moving more and more and it's nice I love when you start to feel it feels more real. Struggling more this pregnancy than last time and not sure if because I already have a toddler to run around around, constantly feel like my belly is scrunched up as in always on the floor playing or carrying her etc and it's starting to ache now

Well I'm team blue again. Three boys. Oh dear I'm in trouble.

Feeling a bit down as this was my last chance of a girl. Now I have to make peace that I will never have a daughter.

Of course I love my little man who will be named Oliver Jack. Everything looked good which is the main thing and i can look forward to seeing him again at the 20 week scan in 3 and a half weeks.

Im sorry you didn't get a girl topaz, it's lovely to find out what your having but I felt like either way I would loose something and that made me sad, hard to explain I know. Love the name btw!

Sorry topaz you didnt get your girl. But love the name!!

Just felt baby kicks from the outside!!!!!! Ahh im so excited!!!!! :cloud9:

Sorry to hear you won't be having a girl Topaz :( but I agree that I love the name. We would name this little one Oliver if I could get DH to agree. Our top contender is Elias, still hunting for a middle name. Don't want to use Oliver because if we have another boy that will definitely be his name.

I'm sorry you're not having your girl Topiaz but it is a beautiful name.
Elias is really nice too. I have that on my list but my oh isn't keen.
I'm kinda thinking Joshua for a boy and Martha for a girl. I don't have any middle names. My oh loves Finley for a boy and although I like it, it isn't in my top list though if he wants Finley then I'm sure I'll grow to love it

I’m sorry topaz. I’m still feeling the same about never having a boy. We could switch ;) You can be so happy and excited about your baby and still feel a little sad. But MH is one of 3 boys and they’re all such good friends now that they’re adults. They’re still a handful when they’re all together, haha, but they have so much fun.

Dh just felt baby kicking from the outside for the first time!! So excited!

PG Martha was one of our top girl's names but now DH doesn't like it, boo. Finley was on our boy's names when we had Alistair. I also like Joshua!

Fx, how exciting!! I wonder how long it will be before I can feel kicks from the outside.

Topaz, :hug: and totally understandable. It's okay to feel gender disappointment. But you will love that little boy just the same. :)

---------

AFM I took another 3 hour nap today. I'm so sleepy this pregnancy!!! It's 9 and I am ready for bed again! Just been watching the Golden Globes.

Feeling a few more flutters/kicks every day but very sporadic.

I need some help....where do I find belly cream? I looked in the baby section of Target and couldn't find anything for pregnant ladies. What stores should I look at and which sections?

Hope everyone had a good weekend! We are approaching the halfway mark, ladies!! Crazy!!?!?!?!

Sorry you didn't get a girl, topiaz, but congratulations on blue.

Allie, if you mean for stretch marks, you can use cocoa butter.

I've been feeling movement for the past 10 days or so. Just sporadically but it's still reassuring. Scan tomorrow; I'm in need of it as have been a bit anxious. I should find out what I'm having, but I'm convinced it's a girl.

I'm exhausted tonight too allie, I'm trying so hard to make it to 10pm.
I have pure cocoa butter that I melt and use. My oh bought it from amazon for Christmas. It's not cheap but it definitely lasts and works well. I use it for lip balm too.
I also have some bio oil as well and strangely I bought it from Primark.

Good luck for your scan tomorrow squidgy. Do you have a preference you'd like? I

Does anyone have spd? My hips are killing me already. At night I have a pillow between my knees but I'm struggling to walk when I first wake up. I had it with my dd but I don't remember it starting this early. I'm going to ask about physio as I don't know whether exercise is better for it or not. I have read that it's good to stay active but not to do anything that's makes it hurt.
I don't want to be inactive as my weight is creeping up but I don't want to hurt myself either.

It's a girl, as I said :) No particular preference - overall, I'd like two girls & a boy. Saying that, if this had been a boy, we probably wouldn't even consider a third as I don't enjoy pregnancy. But we'll decide in a couple of years if we want to go again!

Awh congrats on a girl squig! We won't know gender until Feb 6th but I've already made up my mind if baby is a girl I'm done. I'm not gonna have anymore. BUT if baby is another boy I'll always wonder if I could have had a girl so we'll probably try for another in like 5 years lol.

PG, I got SPD later on last time....so far so good this time. I saw a massage therapist and it really helped!

Um guys, just realized we're all coming up to/passing the halfway mark of the 2nd trimester! For me it's gone by super fast, can't believe it's only a few more weeks until 3rd tri!!

And thank you for the name suggestion Rach! Unfortunately we have a James in our family already so I don't know if it would work for a middle name, I'm starting to really lean towards Oliver as a middle name. I think the whole thing has a nice ring to it - Elias Oliver Anderson. What do you guys think?

I really like your name sander we have decided on Eli Peter. Peter is my dad's name and as he has 2 girls and no boys to pass the family name on we thought we would pass his first name on. I think your middle name makes It flow perfectly

Allie im not sure where youre from but babies r us or buy buy baby has lots of creams and lotions for mamas.

Sorry pg i didnt have spd last pregnancy and so far nothing, so i have no helpful tips.

Sander I agree this pregnancy flew by! Im 17 weeks today and it feels like we just found out.

Anyone having nausea come back? I havent had any in like 3 or so weeks but last night, all through the night and still this morning im pretty nauseaus. Ugh! Hoping its just a random day of it. My belly has definitely popped so im wondering if my tummy just got pushed to a weird spot or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->