June jewels 2018!!!!

Thanks guys, it was actually my midwife who told me that! I guess she thought I was too tense during the exam - but I haven’t had a speculum exam before and didn’t know what to expect so the pain was quite shocking! Anyways I’m just so disappointed because I feel like as a FTM I need encouragement that I can get through labour, not have the person delivering my baby tell me she doesn’t think I can do it without pain meds! Which I mean, I’m open to them if I need them but I’d like to at least give it a shot without at first.

Curious that’s a good idea and we have been thinking about it - at first I wasn’t sure about a doula but after yesterday I found the nurses were most helpful in being supportive while my midwife was kind of focused on what she was doing, which I’d assume will be the same during the birth. It might be nice to have one person focused on helping me through it and letting the midwife guide the baby out.

Allie yes I have the exact same thing often and was told it’s RLP. Can be super uncomfortable, but I find drinking water helps a lot. I only get those pains when I’m dehydrated

Sander, I say DD would still be in my uterus without my doula, hahahaha.

Sander, you can always consider having something like gas & air to hand - then it's there if you need it but you don't have to use it if not. I haven't had labour with a live or full term baby, but I would be inclined to agree that it's very different from a speculuum exam - so try to ignore that comment & trust yourself to try when the time comes! Very glad all was well with baby.

Allie, sounds like RLP to me too.

Thanks ladies, I feel normal today but I'm scared to do much and aggravate my ligaments!! If that's RLP then what is the burning pain in my groin (like right wheremy uterus meets my pelvis?) It's all so confusing. SO many aches and pains. And 11 weeks to go lol. :wacko:

Sander, I loved all the responses you got in the third tri thread. I can't BELIEVE that was your midwife who is delivering!! I'd be so mad!!! You are so right to want her in your corner. I agree gas and air will be a God send if you have it. It wasn't an option for me when I had Alistair (most American hospitals didn't do it) but I recently had all of my wisdom teeth taken out using it as I refused twilight anesthesia and the surgeon said I was crazy but I'm telling you, it WORKS!! :thumbu: Please don't doubt your abilities! At the same time don't feel guilty about getting an epidural if it comes to it. I was dead set against and epidural and finally at like 9 CMS I was stalling and they tried again (they had failed earlier) and it was so amazing, I took a nap lol. Then again it made it harder to push. But every labor is different and beautiful. You will be great. :hugs:

Last bump pic of 2nd trimester! And my first - last 2nd tri week pics. Such growth! So excited to finally join you all in 3rd tri next week! :happydance:

Attachments

• ACCE29A0-6B3A-4FD0-91BF-E31EBDE7FF86.jpg
    ACCE29A0-6B3A-4FD0-91BF-E31EBDE7FF86.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DC9B3892-D366-448F-BAA2-A3864CA39BD3.jpg
    DC9B3892-D366-448F-BAA2-A3864CA39BD3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2
Allie, you look fab on your pictures! Your little boy is so cute too. My dd has had a wobbly tooth for a while now but it's still in. I have rlp really bad some days. Today it was really low in my crotch and was aching a lot.

Sander, you will be great. Labour isn't fun but I think that's why pregnancy gets so difficult by the end - to make you look forward to getting the baby finally out! I'm glad you're OK now after your bleeding.

I don't think I'll bother with a birth plan. I'd love a water birth but I guess that depends on what happens. Last time I was induced so I didn't get any choice in anything at all. I had to lie in the bed, I couldn't even walk round or bounce on a ball to help so I'll go with the flow.
In the UK they put the baby straight on me last time anyway for skin to skin so I think it's very encouraged anyway.

My oh and mom aren't happy as it's year end at work so I'm doing long days atm. I know I need to work less hours but I feel I still need to put over and above into my job. It's such a hard balance to get right.

Not long now Rach! You look fab, you're really good to remember to do your pictures each week, I keep forgetting to take any!

Thanks everyone - and yes I was thankful for all the responses in the 3rd tri board too, it made me feel like at least other people have similar experiences and were ok haha
I think gas and air is available here so I’ll definitely give it a try if I need to. And I’m going to look into doula services but the ones I’ve seen have been super expensive?? Like one company it cost between $700 and $1400 for the birth, and non of that is covered by medical here.

Rach you look great! I agree you’re so good at remembering to take pics haha, I only do them every so often.

PG I’m sure you’ll be ok without a birth plan. I haven’t done one yet either - my midwife really wants me to but I feel so much like I just want to go with the flow on the day of, so it’s hard to write down exactly what I want since I’m not super for or opposed to anything. And when are you planning on going off work (or are you)? Hopefully you can take time to rest on the weekends - I’m impressed by those of you still working, I think I’d die of exhaustion hahah

As I'm office based, mostly, though I do a lot of driving for my job too, I'm planning on being in work till about a week before my due date though I'll have to see how I feel towards the end as I had to finish a lot earlier than planned with my daughter.

Thanks ladies. Honestly the weekly pic helps me get through. The higher the week the brighter the light at the end of the tunnel. :haha:

Anyone else horribly bummed about babies r us closing? Theres no other store with such awesome registry perks. Im so sad! :cry:

I didn't know about their registry perks but I am sad about them closing! We're heading out there this weekend to see if any good sales are going on. I actually drove by it today and it looked busy.

PG, thank you! I was induced with Alistair and still able to labor in the tub and use the ball and walk around....I just dragged the IV with me and didn't get it wet. You had to get out and get monitored every so often in bed and couldn't birth in the tub though. Being induced sucked.

Rach, looking great and agreee you are good with your bump pics!!!

I've finally got my crib and baby clothes etc. Realised I had next to nothing I needed and splurged and bought everything haha. It didn't cost much as my friend gave me her crib and it's beautiful, and all I need is a new mattress. The only things that really cost were the clothes and an angelcare monitor.

Feeling much better being a bit sorted and getting super excited now i'm almost thirty weeks and close to the final countdown!

I'm joining you ladies in 3rd tri today. We went for a scan yesterday but little man was fast asleep so we are going back on Fri.

I have a very basic birth plan as neither of my previous births were anything like what I had hoped. I'm just gonna go with the flow and see what happens. I 've packed all the baby stiff in my hospital bag and will gradually start adding my things.

My birth plan is basically 'have a live baby's. I'll be having a section & delayed cord clamping & immediate skin to skin is now standard at the hospital I'm going to, so there isn't anything for me to plan!
Third trimester here also. Less than 10 weeks to go! Am excited but also feeling slightly panicked now 😉

It's scary how we are all nearly into single figure countdown!

I'm glad you could move about allie, it was what I was missing. Unfortunately for my dd, because my waters broke 24 hours before being induced I had to spend my entire labour lying in bed with a monitor. I wasn't allowed to bath or move around unless it was to go to the toilet and then I was accompanied to make sure. It completely threw out every labour plan I had of walking, bouncing on a bath, bathing, a water birth so this time I just hope I can can do a bit more to help.

I hope every one has had a lovely weekend? We've had a decorator in to do the living room and my oh has started working on the nursery so the house has been a no go area.

im also hoping to have a water birth this time again. i did with dd but was only in for 10 minutes before she arrived as the hospital kept saying not to come in. this time id like to be in for a while and have a more relaxed (if there is sucj a thing!) rather than a mad dash trying not to give birth in the car!

sander ignore the midwife its just a stupid throw away comment dont let it change your plans/mindseon the birth it will be fine!

hope everyones having a good weekend!

I just want a shorter labor this time! Please no to the 48 hours thing again, uggggh. I'm not doing a birth plan this time around since the hospital I'm at this time defaults to most my preferences but my midwives have a sheet of preferences with boxes to check so I will do that.

I don't have a labor plan either. :shrug: I sort of feel like things will go the way they have to. We ARE doing cord blood storage so that's about the only thing that "needs" to be done next to having a safe and healthy little bub!!

Gahhhhh I can't wait! it's exciting!

My birth plan is always go with the flow and an epidural please XD

My last labour I wasn't listened to even tho it was my third so i didn't get checked or an epidural till he was flying out...haha. They'd been arguing with me I wasn't in labour and to go back to the ward where you wait to go onto labour ward...twenty minutes later he was in my arms....

After doing birth twice with an epidural and once without I will say I preferred with, but, without one was manageable and not as bad as I thought. I'd just prefer less pain cos I have a low pain threshold.

Also a walking epidural is amazing. With my second, my daughter I had the walking epidural and I felt no pain but half an hour after she was born I was up and about and showering.

I think I would just have gas & air if I we're able to have a normal labour. & A waterbirth. The thought of getting a needle stuck in my back makes me want to vomit, though obviously with a section, I don't have a great deal of choice about that 😉 hoping they'll book my section at my appt on 10th April, 3 weeks today. I like to know these things are sorted plus I want to be first on the list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->