June jewels 2018!!!!

Sander last time I just held a mirror and tried to trim up a bit. It made after the birth couple weeks easier to clean myself too.

On my way to the ob for a check up. Just finished the GTT drink. Ugh. Knowing I cant eat or drink for an hour makes me hungry and thirsty. Lol

Hi Mona! Thanks for stopping in with an update! I hope your treatments work and look forward to your happy announcement in the future.

Attachments

• 1D66F97A-C829-4A06-9BFB-E4ECA4304DE0.jpg
    1D66F97A-C829-4A06-9BFB-E4ECA4304DE0.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3
MONA, Hi!!!! :hugs: Wow so nice to hear from you. Really miss you in here. Good luck with everything and I agree, please start a journal so I can follow your journey.

Ewww good luck Rach. I hated that hour lol. And the whole day after TBH.

Squig, glad all is well. Its' definitely best to go in for monitoring. I'm sure it'll happen to me, I did it a few times with Alistair. Yesterday I didn't feel Baby for nearly an hour but luckily my OB has kick counts count over 2 hours and I felt her 10 times in the 2nd hour. Since they sleep for a cycle.....it's still stressful!!

Sander....I had DH do it. As you may remember me posting lol. Since then I haven't done any tidying so I will have DH do it again before delivery. He did a pretty good job I think haha.

Haha Sander. I trimmed while I was in early labor before heading to the hospital, just to clean things up a little.

Sander I get dh to trim/shave me down there every so often to keep it from getting too out of control!

Good luck with the gtt Rach, I had mine on Monday, and I was kinda shocked how terrible it made me feel. I hit 50 mins and felt so sick, I was actually a bit sick in my mouth (SO gross sorry!) but choked it down so they wouldn’t make me do it again. Then I nearly passed out twice, had to lay down in a room for a while, the nurses must’ve thought I was a right wimp!! I had to go to bed for the rest of the day and still felt rough the day after. I do not remember the Uk test being as hard, I remember having a glass of Lucozade and that was about it!

Squig I’m glad all was ok with baby. I’m starting to wonder if baby’s movement patterns are ok....Allie I can go quite a few hours without feeling anything, and honestly I don’t think unless baby was in an active stage I’d feel 10 kicks in two hours, I’d only get that at night I think. Hmmm should I be worried? This baby seems to sleep a lot in the day and up a lot if not all night sometimes. I do have an anterior placenta though so wondering if I’m still not feeling everything?

My baby has definitely slowed his movements the last few days. He used to be constantly active but he still moves, just not quite as often. I'm guessing that he's a bit more squished as my bump has definitely grown. I'm still feeling enough not to go to hospital for a check yet but it is also horrible that the pattern has changed. I remember my dd did this too and I went in twice with reduced movement with her.

I have a go shaving myself. I usually go up the sides and around the top a bit so I have a rough idea how it'll look. I definitely can't see to do it myself anymore. I'm in the bath atm and just asked my oh if he wanted to do it but he was way too scared :haha:

I think my bump has had a massive growth spurt the last few days too. Its looking massive now. I won't see my Midwife for another 4 weeks yet to check if it's normal or a big jump.

Lol thanks guys, what would I do without you :p

Rach - the GTT test sucks, I remember taking it and feeling like super jittery all of a sudden, it was like I could feel it when the sugar hit me, and then slowly I felt better. Overall though it wasn’t the most fun experience!

Fx - as long as baby is eventually active I wouldn’t worry too much. Especially with an anterior placenta. I have a posterior placenta but can still really tell when he’s sleeping because I won’t feel anything for a solid chunk of time, but once he gets going it’s very obvious he’s awake haha. Actually I love it when he’s sleeping because my organs get a break from the boxing match!

Advice here in the UK on movement is that it's not about kick counts but knowing your baby's pattern & being aware of any changes to that (& presumably calling the hospital in such circumstances). Movements should increase til around 32 weeks, then stay static, they should NOT decrease towards the end due to baby running out of space. It's just so worrying when you're the only one who can be responsible! I was also told by the consultant when I was at hospital on Monday that 28+days is a bit early for a pattern to the movements. Which I didn't know but I imagine one should start soon? Some days it feels like she moves so much that she can't be sleeping at all. I know that's not the case but it's strange that she then has quieter days.

Well surprisingly I felt no different after the glucola. When I had it with my dd I was so nauseous and lightheaded and felt disgusting the whole rest of the day. Im really shocked because ive pretty much cut out as much sugar as possible so 50g is quite a huge amount i would think it would make me sick. Hopefully thats a good sign? I’ll find out either tomorrow or friday. I failed the 1 hour with my dd but passed the 3 hr. Really hoping I dont have to do the 3 hour again. That one is really rough!

And got my tDap while I was there.

Oooh I still need to get my tDap. Hate that one, ugh!!

Fx, I wouldn't worry, like the rest of you I have pattern changes now too. I think the babes are running out of room. I should clarify I will only feel 10 in 2 hours IF I am doing kick counts. If I'm busy or doing something, I can go along time not feeling anything. Like the whole time I was on my feet in the airport over the weekend I didn't feel her, but once I got on the plane she was squirming around. Today I felt like she was drumming, haha that was random.But her movments seem to have gotten smaller and OB says thats normal and also quality of movements don't count, it's quanitity. Because this baby is less active than Alistair was and my OB said it's personality.

LOL PG at asking OH and him being scared. Alex nicked me a tiny bit and he felt so bad but over all he did a better job than I could ever do even not pregnant lol.

Thanks for everyone reassuring me about movements, it’s such a worry!

Just had my results back and I passed the GTT, and bloods were ok too. But apparently I have another uti...ugh my fault, I ran out of my usual antibiotics and was meant to get more and forgot. Oh well I’ll be picking some more up now!!!

Congrats on the negative test!

OB called and said my iron is low and need to start on an iron supplement. Yay for constipation. Of course the one area I didnt have a problem with will now become a problem. Just in time for baby to be big and make me even more uncomfortable. :dohh:

Sorry guys to hear about the UTI + low iron - I think I would die if they wanted me to take more iron - I have such bad hemrhoidds already ��

Anyone else’s LO having major hiccups like ALL THE TIME? Seriously every few hours this kid is a hiccup machine haha

Wooo on passing the GD test FX and Rach....

Rach were you already taking iron in your prenatal? How was your level? Mine was normal at 24 weeks but everyone seems to have low iron so I'm wondering....since my energy level sucks. My prenatal has a ton of iron in it though.........anyways fingers crossed it doesn't cause constipation. My prenatal has a 'digestive enzyme blend' and I'm also on a probiotic......I go through bouts of constipation but it's not terrible like it was in 2nd tri.....

Sander, I feel hiccups a few times a day usually, some days just once and some days not at all. With Alistair I worried he got hiccups too much haha and he was just fine.

This LO is so much quieter in all ways than her brother, it does weird me out. Pregnant with Alistair I was googling things like 'baby seizure' and 'hyper baby in womb' and 'too many hiccups' and he turned out great and a good baby!! My doctor says not to worry that this baby is different as long as she's moving.....but it's hard not to compare! I'm used to the crazy bongo drums, hiccuping, karate chopping baby Alistair was.......

rach iv got low iron too so having to take supplements again, my own fault really as i stoppes taking prenatals about 16 weeks and being veggie it was bound to happen so considered myself told. also had to quickly book myself in for whooping cough vaccine as has to be done before 31 weeks

oh my i would never trust dd near me with a razor let alone my girlie bits! i feel myself sucking it in as i think about it! last time i bought nair (hair removing cream) and just slapped it everywhere and then got into the bath to wash it off and thats my plan again!

started washing baby clothes and putting them away in the nursery mostly so i can figure out what i have and what i still need to buy! i forgot though how handy a bump is to fold teeny baby clothes up on 😍😍

Fx sorry about the uti. Hope it clears up quick for you. But congrats on no GD too.

Sander I feel hiccups about 1-3 times a day.

Allie yes my prenatal has 27 mg iron in it. But apparently my body needs more during pregnancy, Ive always been borderline anemic. My iron level was 10.8 and they had me get over the counter iron 65 mg. I do eat yogurt daily and take probiotics so hopefully things will stay regular.
And how funny my dd was a lunatic in the womb and I was worried too about excessive movement lol!! This baby is much calmer. Hes more of a roller and stretcher than a kick puncher roller dancer that my dd was. And shes pretty much the exact same out as she was in so I have high hopes I’ll have a mellower baby this time. Please, God, please! Lol

DD used to get hiccups at least once a day at this point. This baby I’ve only felt them 4 or 5 times. Funny how different they all are.

Róise constantly had hiccups in utero- I hated the feeling! None with this baby so far, thankfully. But it's quite normal.

This baby got them twice tonight after I had dinner. Is that a coincidence? I think I need to research more how nutrients are passed through the umbilical cord lol.

She's also having a 'quiet day' which seems to happen every Monday? She is meeting the kick count requirements and her HB is good on the doppler but the movements are just quite small. I know at 32 weeks the movements stop increasing as they run out of room....I wonder if that's what's happening.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Any sleep tips? My sleep is TERRIBLE. I toss and turn and toss and turn and get up to pee all the time, I'm in a light sleep as well and don't seem to get into a deep sleep.

Going for my GD Test in the morning. Can’t wait for that lovely drink. Although I must say I love sugar and don’t remember it tasting bad to me last time.

No tips on sleep. If my bladder or my arm having fallen asleep once again doesn’t wake me, my toddler does or DH who goes to bed much later than me. And he tries to be so quiet, but I am also not sleeping very deeply right now. Not fun at all.

Oh and here is my little squishy face! Can’t wait to give this one a million kisses. We are team yellow, but it looks pretty boyish to me.

Attachments

• 35A7BD7F-DB4C-4400-9F65-97EEE973E0DB.jpg
    35A7BD7F-DB4C-4400-9F65-97EEE973E0DB.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79