June jewels 2018!!!!

Awwww look at that face!!! :)

YES I get my arm falling asleep as well. What IS that? I thought it was just me! Ugh so uncomfortable. My poor DH has been sleeping on the couch for a few weeks now as I'm just SO up and down.

Good luck on your test. Haha the drink is NASTY and I too love sugar. Just not 50 g of it in 5 minutes and neon orange haha.

I don’t get it why they have to color it. Last time mine was bright red. It’s not like it is going to taste better. I heard that limbs falling asleep has to do with the relaxin. Just what one person told me, never researched it myself. Been meaning to ask my doc but keep forgetting.
Getting a ton of BH tonight. Not painful at all but there are a lot of them which worries me a bit. Will sleep now and hope they subside. Need to drink more water tomorrow!!

My drink wasn’t colored this time! They told me they stopped adding color to the ones they get. It was actually a little strange to drink something so strongly flavored that was clear, haha. Maybe it’s because I was expecting it to be bright orange like last time.

ahh mom look at that face! its so clear! its making me want another scan now! i had 3d scan with dd but not this this time which im feeling a tad guilty about!

allie my sleep is awful too, restless legs when trying to fall sleep which also stop dh falling asleep and then which ever side im on my hip starts hurting so i have to roll over like 200 times a night!

speaking of hiccups doug has them now as i type lol

The funny thing is. I didn’t pay for the 3D. During my growth scan she suddenly switched the machine over. I was so excited. I always asked for the same tech because she is so nice! Off to drink my sugar juice now :) I’m already starving.

You are luck you got a clear drink haha. I mean there is not reason for all of that random coloring.

ladders sorry you're not sleeping well either! Anyone else still waking on their back? I keep doing it still and I'm so mad at myself!!

Allie I try emptying my bladder and not drinking more water like an hour before bed and that helps with the getting up to pee. I also have a very specific pillow system haha, but I still do end up tossing and turning quite a bit. And YES I keep waking up on my back as well which is awful - I’m trying more and more pillows to wedge myself on my side, but it’s so frustrating because what else can we do??

Super cute pic, mom! Hope your GD test goes well.

A midwife told me that if you're going to sleep on your side, that's all you can do - it's actually good that you're waking when you're on your back because it allows you to go on your side again. I'm not a back sleeper anyway, but lying on my back is much too uncomfortable for me now.

In fact, my back is really sore. I can hardly move today. It's been coming on the past week, but I didn't expect it to get this bad. Getting out of bed (& of course worse in the night when woken by a crying toddler!) has been pretty difficult the past few days too.

No sleep tips as I sleep lightly too. Oh, except that on those rare occasions when DH gets up with DD & I don't have to get up, I usually get 2-3 hours of deeper sleep then. I recommend that you ladies all try that 😜

Still died with red 40! Don’t get it. Anyway don’t have results yet, but hoping I don’t have it like last time.

Attachments

• DC58E129-06CB-4301-BD29-BCE58460E907.jpg
    DC58E129-06CB-4301-BD29-BCE58460E907.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
Mine was clear this time and surprisingly subtley flavored. Tasted like semi flat orange pop. Last time it was neon orange. Glad they skipped the dye - not necessary.

Going for my monthly growth scan tomorrow! Excited but nervous since Ive cut out sugar and lost a couple pounds. Hes still very active and I feel like hes getting bigger but my bump doesnt seem to have grown. I may just be imagining it though because at my 28 week check up my fundal height was 27. (At 24 weeks i only measured 22)

Why cant pregnancy just be rainbows and butterflies???

Has anyone had loose stools lately? I’ve been so badly constipated this whole time and now for the past few days I’m having the opposite problem. I’m not feeling sick, and it’s been going on for several days. I mean, I prefer this to constipation but I heard your body can prep for labour this way up to 6 weeks in advance. Anyone have experience/know about this? Obviously 6 weeks would put me somewhere around 37/38 weeks so I’d be happy if this was a real thing haha

sander i was going to ask the same thing, iv never had the constipation but the last 1 and a half to 2 week iv had really loose poos, like every single time i go!

I failed my glucose test 😭 My number was 149. Now I have to do the 3h test. Feeling lost....what should I eat?

My usual breakfast is either special k with strawberries and whole milk or whole wheat/multigrain bread from our local bakery with either honey or marmalade. That sounds all way to carb/sugar loaded now. Feeling guilty

Sorry mom15 :( Are you asking about regular breakfast or for your next test? Because I think the 3 hour is fasting anyways so you won’t have to worry about it. But if you mean regular breakfast, you could do low sugar yogurt which can be really yummy, or some sliced cucumber/tomato with salt, you could have eggs and avocado, you could make an omelet with some veggies. Ummmm what else? I know it’s not the healthiest but you can still do like sausages or bacon with breakfast on occasion, or you could have veggies and hummus? Anyways there’s a few ideas haha

Thank you Sanders! I was asking for regular everyday nutrition as even if I pass the three hour test, I feel like I need to change my diet. Growing up in Germany I’m used to a sweet breakfast (jellies, honey, Nutella on bread or rolls) and savory breakfast I like would be deli meats which are off limits. I guess that leaves cheese, but I guess I need to research if and how much bread is ok. I will do eggs and veggies for breakfast if that’s what is best for baby and I but it brings back feelings of first trimester nausea thinking of it.
For dinner I got chicken, asparagus and mushrooms hoping that’s ok. For lunch I had salad (lettuce, veggies, feta and egg) with oil and vinegar only. My snack this afternoon will be hummus, Brokkoli and a little cheddar. I wonder if I will lose weight if that’s how I will eat from now on.

Hi ladies, I've just had a catch up of the last few days as I'm in France having a last family holiday.
We've done so much walking that I'm either really hungry or have no appetite. It's been really nice though so far. We're staying in a huge farmhouse in Brittany.

Mom - sorry you've got to do the next gtt. It sucks fasting for it. In the UK I've only ever done the 3 hour one.

Sander - the last couple of days hasn't been too good on my stomach. I had a sudden bout of it after walking up the Mon Saint Michael and then this morning as well so I don't know if its the change of exercise for me. Mostly it's been quite painful to poop for a while so I'm glad to not have the pain.

Rach - I hope your growth is going well when you next have your bump measured. The bump measuring isn't the most accurate way for them to check but at least it gives you an idea. Well done on cutting out sugar, my sugar is way too high at the moment as I'm loving French patisserie!

My sleep has been pretty crap on holiday but I think it might be my body getting ready for baby sleep as I don't feel like I need to nap at all despite the broken sleep.

How about porridge/oatmeal mom15? Really fills you up but also keeps your blood sugar levels steady. If you don’t like it plain put a few raisins in. And I find Greek yoghurt a great breakfast, high protein...add some almonds and it will be really good for you!

Oats is a good idea, I just can’t do the warm soggy version. I like them uncooked in milk. Guess I have to leave off the sugar I usually put on it, but I have raspberries I can add. And we always have a good full fat Greek yoghurt. And I need to get nuts. Ok, this is starting to sound yummy.

Thank you all for your help :)

Enjoying my yoghurt snack now. I think out of fear of eating the wrong thing I didn’t eat enough today. Feeling light headed and like a headache is coming on. Probably the carb withdrawal.

Attachments

• D731B4BD-F437-43D3-A345-ECB38C876E7E.jpg
    D731B4BD-F437-43D3-A345-ECB38C876E7E.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79