June jewels 2018!!!!

Sorry you failed the test mom, although I have no suggestions for nice food. I've been eating junk all the way this pregnancy, I don't know what I'd have eaten if I'd failed a GTT!

Glad you're having a nice holiday PG.

Mom I feel you on the difficulty trying to find things to eat while cutting sugar and carbs! My usual day is a packet plain oatmeal with a packet of low sugar-brown sugar oatmeal (plain is just too gross but the low sugar one is only 4gms of sugar) or possibly plain cheerios with either a few chocolate chips or a small amount of another cereal for flavor added in. I eat greek yogurt daily. Try to eat a bit of meat each day. Eggs with smoked sausage and cheese is another good protein packed meal. Pinterest has great diabetic pregnancy meal ideas too!

Ladders and sander I wish I was having that problem. I was great in that area but since starting the iron supplement not much is moving. Lol

Posted in the fb group but figured id update here too. Had a growth scan today. Baby measuring perfect in the 55th percentile and already weighing 3lbs 1oz!

Attachments

• B6908722-DF96-4236-8BEE-C96682AA6631.jpg
    B6908722-DF96-4236-8BEE-C96682AA6631.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CF8E0283-EFDD-4D2F-BCFA-519A57E7E20F.jpg
    CF8E0283-EFDD-4D2F-BCFA-519A57E7E20F.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 966F36A9-FF98-4951-91F6-938D4481CE97.jpg
    966F36A9-FF98-4951-91F6-938D4481CE97.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 45C33615-BDCC-44D2-ABF1-84452DDB5B00.jpg
    45C33615-BDCC-44D2-ABF1-84452DDB5B00.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
  • CB58AF7B-C5BF-4605-82F9-8FA3592AC3CC.jpg
    CB58AF7B-C5BF-4605-82F9-8FA3592AC3CC.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
Mom, I had GD with Alistair....if you fail the GTT they will have you meet with a dietitian but mine was well controlled by diet and here's how I ate -- match every carb with a protein, so if you DO eat oatmeal eat an egg or cheese stick. The carbs in anything should never be more than the combined fiber, fat and protein. I was able to eat pretty much any food I fancied as long as I balanced it all out. Also, take a walk after every meal as it helps lower your blood sugar and drink a lot of water. :hugs:

Regarding tummy issues....while pregnant I always go through periods of terrible constipation followed by the opposite. I think we can just blame EVERYTHING on hormones!!!

Rach glad your growth scan went great, I know you were worried since you lost a few pounds. Right in the middle, he's so cute!!

PG, enjoy France!! Cant' wait to hear more about it!!

AFM, I'm officially uncomfortable haha. It's getting hard to get out of bed, off the couch, etc. I think I'm waddling a bit, esp by the end of the day. Tonight Alistair has a 'new sibling' class at the hospital, which I'm excited about for him. He's so interested in the baby so I think this will be fun. :)

Great scan Rach! Glad baby is growing well.

Hope the eating is going ok mom, I think the ladies have given great advice in here...think I’ll try out some suggestions too.

Allie I’ve been officially uncomfortable for a while now!

I feel huge :( I’m pretty sure I’m almost the size I was full term with ds already, so I’m seriously freaking out about how to get through the next 10 weeks. We have a beach holiday booked for the first of May and I tried every swimsuit I own on including my maternity suit and nothing fits. I stood in front of the mirror and just couldn’t get my head around how big I already am. I’m not usually one to worry about it too much, but I feel like I look terrible :(

Sorry for the moan! It’s also my wedding Anniversary today and I don’t know if dh has planned anything, or if he feels like I’m not up to it as I’m still having awful headaches a lot. I’d love to get ready and put on something cute and go out, but don’t think that’s going to happen.

Aw fx try not to worry but I know what you mean - I tried some shorts on that were giant on me and they barely fit now but not because of the bump it’s like around the thighs they’re tight. Ugh

But happy anniversary! Ours is April 11 but we’re also celebrating this weekend :)

Thanks sander, yeh it’s like across my back just above my butt seems really wide, and my thighs too. Even maternity trousers/shorts that go over the bump are too tight and making my skin itch and go red. Looking forward to warm weather so I can wear maxi dresses.

Happy Anniversary to you too!

Happy anniversary FX! Ours is 17th April. We're just going to go out for lunch so we don't have to get a babysitter but can eat a meal in peace 😂

Good news about your scan Rach 😀 very clear pics too! Do you think baby looks like either of you?
Hope Alastair enjoys his class Allie.

Thank you, I think I am finding a balance. I think the first couple of days I cut out too many carbs. I felt terrible. I’ll see what the 3h test brings which I will do Tuesday morning and should have the result Wednesday morning. Even if I pass it I feel like I should still be “good” and watch my carbs.

And I hear you, fx, I keep asking myself how I am going to handle my toddler in a few weeks when he throws a tantrum. It’s getting very hard physically.

Happy Anniversary for the 17th squig! Dh made dinner last night we had a quiet one at home, but he’s made some reservations for somewhere in DC for next Friday night so that should be nice.

Just had a super teary moment on my dh, I’m really struggling with ds being demanding at the moment. He’s not being badly behaved but he wants to be engaged with you constantly. Talking a lot, playing with him, and even if he plays alone there’s a constant ‘mum look at this, mum check this out, mum watch me, mum say this, mum you be the Dr, mum what kind of animal am I, mum mum mum mum....all day!!!!!! I literally don’t have a minute to even think my own thoughts and it’s making me irritable and I’m finding it exhausting. Anyone else feeling like they don’t have the reserves for much at the moment? Dh has taken him out for a bit so I can have some peace and quiet. I’m really missing having family and friends around, it’s tough being on your own all the time.

Sorry for the pity party, thanks for letting me vent.

Fx this is our first so I can’t compare having a toddler in the house but I’ve noticed my patience has gone down tremendously in the past few months. I’ve always loved kids and have always worked with kids - but now even visiting my nieces is a huge strain because they’re very demanding (6 and 3), and I just don’t have the patience that I used to.
I’m thinking it’s probably a hormonal thing, especially because we’re all in the final stretch and just being pregnant is hard enough without tiny people demanding attention!

Fx, definitely. My patience with DD (almost 3) is way down. And I feel bad but she needs/wants so much from and I just feel drained all the time. I'm a SAHM and it's so hard. We don't have any family around either until we move this summer and it is rough.

Fx I completely understand. Dd is 2 1/2 and refuses to entertain herself. And shes high energy. Im a sahm and my dh is a firefiggter/paramedic who works 24 hr shifts. Its extremely exhausting physically and mentally. I cant get anything done around the house ever because of the “mom, mom, mom!” And she insists on running to the opposite end of the house in order to show me something. So I spend half my day just walking around the house following her. :( shes pretty decently behaved for her age just very needy. Im starting to stress we have basically nothing ready for this new guy and its impossible to do anything with her. Ugh!! In addition to that our rental house that had a fire is in the midst of being remodeled so were having to go over there every week and go to the stores to pick out replacement fixtures, flooring, paint, etc. so overwhelmed!!!

On the positive note the extra Iron supplement I started taking has made a huge improvement in my energy and mental clarity and I seem to be sleeping better. I finally feel decent! Just in time to be as big as a house and miserable. LOL

fx i totally get you! dh always reports that him and dd have had a film/duvet morning or she's played and he's watched football etc when im at work but when im with her she cant play on her own its mammy come play my farm, come play my play doh, come play my room etc etc etc i not even allowed to play on the settee i have to be on the floor and its getting really uncomfortable now im so big. She starts pre school tomorrow though and thats each morning during term time, im both gutted about it but relieved to get a bit of time to myself as im feeling like im starting to struggle with this pregnancy now and im supposed to be working till 38 weeks 😭

So DH and I had sex for the first time in ages and he said there was hardly any room - he says he could only get like an inch or so in before hitting the ‘top’. How low does the cervix get at this point? I want to check myself later, but I’m curious if any of you know offhand.

So DH and I had sex for the first time in ages and he said there was hardly any room - he says he could only get like an inch or so in before hitting the ‘top’. How low does the cervix get at this point? I want to check myself later, but I’m curious if any of you know offhand.

Haven't tried recently myself but we did it at 38 weeks with my DS and although it hurt (we were trying to self-induce) he seemed to be able to get far in there. I don't think it was like normal ---- TBH I just remember it hurting but I was desperate to go into labor to avoid induction so I acted like I liked it. :winkwink: One inch seems too small --- my guess is your are swollen and tight and he didn't want to hurt you!

Glad the iron supplement is working Rach! Reminds me I need to ask at my appt Tues to get mine checked.

I'm really itchy and I need to ask about that too. I don't have the itchy hand and feet common with choleostastis....it's really my breasts and my armpits BUT since it's related to the liver and gallbladder and I had a gallbladder attack a few months ago I'm going to ask for those blood tests!

I actually start weekly appointments and NSTs this week. I also have a growth scan on Tuesday.

Hmmm I cannot relate to the toddler life anymore since DS is 6 and a half!! He's been acting a bit off......really emotional. I think he's getting a bit anxious about the changes. But in general he's low maintenance atm.

I’m with you ladies who have toddlers. It is sooo physically and mentally exhausting. Those of you first time moms, enjoy the hell out of this pregnancy. I just want to lay on the couch for 5 min, impossible. I love DS to death but I am running out of energy. I don’t know how I manage in a few weeks. I guess I just will. He is also a good kid, but wants to be with me, help me 24/7. He is really figuring out delaying things like getting into the car seat, putting on pjs etc. Tonight I walked out of his room and ask DH to get him into his pjs because I was about to lose it. We are getting closer ladies. It’ll all be worth it!

Hm that could be it Allie because I checked myself a couple hours later and couldn’t reach anything but it was feeling verrrry swollen and much tighter than normal. That’s going to loosen back up when it’s time for the baby to come right? Haha... :wacko:

sander i don't think it will be your cervix height but some days i also feel like im quite swollen and engorged down there and it usually feels worse after sex so maybe its the increase in blood flow down there.
first day at pre school done and she really wnjoted enjoyed it thankfully! tomorrow im going to go buy baby clothes while she is there abd try to get organised for this little man

sander i don't think it will be your cervix height but some days i also feel like im quite swollen and engorged down there and it usually feels worse after sex so maybe its the increase in blood flow down there.
first day at pre school done and she really wnjoted enjoyed it thankfully! tomorrow im going to go buy baby clothes while she is there abd try to get organised for this little man

My DD just started preschool too and loves it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->