June jewels 2018!!!!

Wow so much has happened since I didn't log on yesterday haha

Welcome to all the new members and congrats on your BFP's!

Sorry Cara about the spotting - it's so scary isn't it? I've been having on and off spotting all week and finally called my midwife because I was so nervous, and she totally reassured me by saying that since it was such a small amount of light brown and coming out over a long period of time she was sure it was further implantation. And the docs think I'm about 8 days farther along than I do. It's slowed quite a bit over the past couple days so I'm hoping it's on it's way out - but just hang in there, I couldn't believe how common spotting in early pregnancy is, and there are tons of reasons for it with almost all of them leading to a healthy baby. Hopefully a scan will put your mind at ease :)

Yes so if anyone cares to hear about the spotting saga it's been pretty nerve wracking - it got especially bad on Thursday with quite a bit of light brown mucus coming out (when I wiped only) so I finally called the midwife and she spent a good 10 minutes on the phone reassuring me (I love this midwife, she's awesome), and explained in detail all that was going on inside and how implantation bleeding can come out slowly over several days or even weeks, and that she was completely not worried. She said an early scan might not see a HB yet and she didn't want to worry me more, but that if I wanted I could get blood tests to see if my HCG was rising - but she was like that's only for you because I don't think you even need that.

Anyways long story short, the day the spotting was the worst was the morning after I had a hugely physical day walking and running around doing errands which apparently can irritate the cervix. Since Thursday it's lightened up a lot and is barely there now. Blood was always light brown, enough to be visible on toilet paper but never soaked it or anything, and never came into my underwear - and I didn't have any pain/cramping. But I was scared to post on here because I was scared at home all ready and I didn't want anyone to accidentally say anything to make me more nervous haha. But I have a lot of confidence in my midwife so she really calmed me down, and I'm happy everything is easing up now. I'm hoping it will completely go away soon.

Sorry for the world's longest post haha

Ah guys I'm sorry your having the stress of spotting, I had it with my dd and it's stressful. Glad it's easing up sander and hopefully be gone soon!
Cara definitely get seen at 6 weeks if still spotting because it will help put your mind at rest but I'm sure it will have stopped by then

Pg5k I'm totally exhausted it's really bad and really cold all the time! Anyone feeling the cold?

Yay, hi PG!

Ladders, I get cold all the time in early pregnancy. I was with DD too.

Thanks for the reassurance, I'm going to definitely stop testing now.

Sorry about the spotting guys...but thanks for sharing. I had it with my son but it was later in the pregnancy and totally freaked me out, but he was born healthy at 9 months! I also had brown discharge a lot when I was pregnant before. Eventually I just had to get used to it as my doctors were sick of hearing from me.

Thanks ladies! Sander that sounds exactly like what's been happening to me! That's a great explanation from your midwife, I had wondered about implantation, so that makes me feel better. Are you going to get the bloods done? I would have quite liked them for some reassurance as it's too early for a scan for me too, but nobody has offered. I've been trying to take it easy yesterday and today as I work full time Mon - Fri and I'm a teacher in primary and nursery, so it's quite physical. Figure I should rest whilst I can. Although the untouched housework would disagree :laugh2: Hope that's the last of the spotting for you x

Curious I'm glad it's not just me, it's worse when I'm tired so think it's linked to that. I didn't feel this tired last time so hoping that's a good sign.

Cara are you in the uk? Definelty get a lot less stuff done here compared with the US it's strange how different places can be.

Has anyone been taking b6, I used it to lengthen my lp now not sure if safe to cut down and if safe to not cut down. If googled but got conflicting advice I'm worried about taking something in pregnancy I shouldn't but I don't want to stop on case drops my progesterone and causes a mc, it's been playing on my mind that thats what happened last time

I had quite a bit of spotting with my first. I remember having a really bad bleed around 7 weeks where I was convinced it was over but then I had a scan at 8 weeks and she was there perfectly healthy.

It is horrible though, the bleeding adds even more stress.

Definitely cold and tired. I went swimming this morning and I'm ready for bed again.

Yeah ladders I'm in the UK, in Scotland. I should be thankful that I don't have to pay for my medical care but it's still frustrating when you're anxious and can't get anything done.

I've been taking a vitamin B complex for the same reason, I haven't looked too much into it since getting my BFP but I remember reading before that a lot of people tended to still take it in the first 12 weeks or so. I might be wrong, but I thought the only vitamin that could cause harm in pregnancy (at reasonable doses obviously) was vitamin A?

I've been quite tired too PG5K. Although strangely I seem to have more energy than usual for most of the day and then totally crash about 6pm. Poor hubby thought I'd blacked out the other night as he couldn't waken me x

I wouldn’t worry too much about dropping your B6 dose ladders, I don’t think that would cause a miscarriage. But of course I understand the concern. It’s not a problem to keep taking it either. I’m on 100mg a day right now for nausea. It’s a major component in the anti-nausea med that’s often prescribed during pregnancy, Zofran.

I was on a high dose B complex last time and I continued it for a few weeks at least. I am sure it's fine! I'm actually on a fair few medications and some are Cat C and D but I was told over the phone to keep taking them at least until my first appt. Kinda make me nervous. I took paracetamol yesterday as I had a terrible headache but that made me guilty.

I was on that and progesterone and now I'm on nothing and just like you Cara I can't get anyone interested in taking betas or seeing me before 8 weeks. And as I'm a late ovulator I will be more like 7 weeks when I have my appt. And I'm in the US. I actually miss the NHS from when I lived in Edinburgh. :(

I don't have too many symptoms....I guess a bit nauseous and all I want to eat are simple carbs which isn't too healthy. Eek! I keep poking my nipples to make sure they are sensitive.

I hope everyone is well today.

PS. Go Scotland, may they beat Slovenia! Hubby is all about the game today....

Okay I was thinking about it more and I guess I do have symptoms if these count...I've had a really terrible stomach for the past week, even before I got my BFP and yesterday I had a bad headache. I am not sure if those are pregnancy symptoms or not.

Ah thanks ladies that's made me feel better about the b6 and nice to kbownim not the only one been taking it.

Allie I keep squishing my boobs to see if they hurt too!

Exhaustion ramped up a gear today had to have a nap at 5 because I felt like I was going to pass out. I could have stayed in bed till morning but had to get up to put dd bed as she doesn't go down as well for dh. Its crazy how strange i feel

Haha I keep poking my boobs too! Yep, still sore and definitely bigger too

No Cara I decided against the bloods - I had them done at just over 4 weeks to confirm pregnancy, but I have tiny veins and they always leave giant bruises whenever they take blood so I avoid it if I can! I stayed off my feet entirely yesterday and have pretty much zero spotting now, hoping it continues to stay away! Sorry you don't get more options in the UK, I'm in Canada and it's pretty easy to request tests if you want them. But I keep reminding myself that there's not really anything preventative you can do, so tests or no tests things are just going to play out as they do.

Yesterday it was so funny DH was picking up dinner and I called him to bring home pickles and wasabi peas haha. Clearly the staples of a well balanced diet

Ladders i take unisom for sleep and took it through my whole pregnancy and shes super healthy and super smart. Unisom is basically b6 and benedryl. My ob recommended it for sleep (lifelong insomnia sufferer) and benefits are its supposed to help with ms too.

No Cara I decided against the bloods - I had them done at just over 4 weeks to confirm pregnancy, but I have tiny veins and they always leave giant bruises whenever they take blood so I avoid it if I can! I stayed off my feet entirely yesterday and have pretty much zero spotting now, hoping it continues to stay away! Sorry you don't get more options in the UK, I'm in Canada and it's pretty easy to request tests if you want them. But I keep reminding myself that there's not really anything preventative you can do, so tests or no tests things are just going to play out as they do.

Yesterday it was so funny DH was picking up dinner and I called him to bring home pickles and wasabi peas haha. Clearly the staples of a well balanced diet

I had Taco Bell for dinner last night so you know, lol.

Curious ive been craving taco bell! Lol

I have no idea what i'm craving. Normally i'm all about the meat and salad but I don't really want anything now. tonight I had a glorious burger.

I'm just trying to work out how to chill the flip out, not looking for blood every time I go to the loo.

Haha definitely the same with the food cravings. Been constantly hungry and ate so much rubbish this week!

I'm the same with checking for blood Varves. Made a promise to myself in the car tonight that I'd just relax and enjoy it, by the time I got home I was desperate for the toilet and wiped about 6 or 7 times checking for blood :dohh:

Due 13th June although I have prem babies so fingers crossed I make it to June x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->