June jewels 2018!!!!

Thank you Allie and curious, I keep re reading all your advice and it is a help, I think it’s partly the change and the unknown. I’m going to write my birth plan and make sure dh understands why I don’t want certain things, he was great at speaking up for me with ds when they nearly gave me an episiotomy, so I trust him completely to back me up.

Yes Allie they have gas and air, but no tubs, which is a shame as I was in a birthing pool for most of my labour last time.

Curious I did think about a doula, but I don’t think we can really afford it...it’s already cost so much with the high risk extra scans etc but if I’m still feeling no better I might suggest it to dh and see what he says.

Thank you ladies for being so understanding, hopefully I’ll calm down about it and get my head around being somewhere different.

Back to normal topic of conversation...I still have SO much to get ready!! I finally got the bassinet on Wednesday yay, it’s all ready to go with sheets. Haven’t ordered the car seat/stroller yet but it’s been chosen. I have 2 blankets but no swaddles, 5 newborn vests and 2 sleepsuits, no other outfits!!! No wipes, nappies eek literally nothing else!! I have a prescription for a breast pump but need to ring the insurance company. Nothing for me and postpartum clothes etc I have so much left to get!

I was also going to suggest a birth plan & talking to your husband about what you want so he can advocate for you - good to know he's been able to do that for you before.

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better!!

Thank you to everyone for the advice about Alistair. I hope we can help him feel better about the baby soon. It's so much change!!

Are you feeling any better FX? I know a little of what you're feeling. The hospital I had my dd in now doesn't have a maternity unit so I'm going to a new hospital. There's no tour there and when I've been to visit my friend it seemed so big and impersonal. I feel really sad that I can't go back to what's familiar to me.
I don't know how American hospitals work but I'm sure when you're in labour then they will try and respect your wishes as there's nothing scarier than a woman giving birth.

I'm the same that I really care about what other people think and I try not to make a fuss but luckily my oh is the opposite so if I don't or do want something but I'm too scared to pipe up then he will say it for me. You could always send thank you card to the Midwife afterwards if it helps ease your worry about 'being awkward' even if you've not even actually been awkward at all.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not organised. This weekend I want to get the crib from my sisters as currently we have a cotbed (in it's box in an partially decorated nursery!)
I've been given some nappies and clothes but I haven't got anything post partum like pads, nipple pads. If I went into labour now my oh would have to raid a supermarket very quickly :haha:
I might try and start my bag this weekend.

Sorry for the late reply, I went AWOL for a bit...

I have a history of post partum hemorrhage as well as 10 previous losses (two mid term) and have also had a previous LEEP procedure so they want to keep me monitored.

Welcome, cherrylee! What's your history that you're high risk? Glad your baby girl is doing well though.

So the dr told me today that baby is breech. She then went on to casually tell me “no big deal, we will just do a quick c section” like this was something completely fine and not a major surgery. I said ummm no, I’d rather have a natural birth please. I’m only 29 weeks today so I still have time for baby to move into place. So then she says... “oh okay, well we can try turning her later if she doesn’t move and then I will induce you right after”. UGHHHHHHH!

I was induced with my last baby due to a partial placental abruption and a positive group B, it went well and I managed without pain medication but I’m really hoping to just go naturally with this one as I did with my other three. *sigh*

That leads me to my question...

My placenta is completely anterior again this time and I went on dr google and read that turning baby with a anterior placenta can cause an abruption. Anyone here familiar with this stuff?

Cherry I haven’t read that but I believe it’s emtirely possible - especially because they apply pressure like that after delivery to help detach it. But I think your doctor is a bit full of it as when I went in to the hospital at 28+5 they did an ultrasound and when I asked if baby was head down the tech said oh yeah but he has plenty of room right now to move and flip around. And she was a hospital radiologist (?) whatever the step up from technician is. It’s basically all she does all day and she was confident that baby has plenty of space at 29 weeks. So I’d try not to worry too much! Your LO has tons of time to turn around

Cherry. That seems crazy. Baby still has loads of time to turn. In the UK they don't even worry until at least 34 weeks. Not sure about the anterior placenta but it would make sense.

It does sound a bit early to worry about being head down yet. At my 28 week appointment the baby was across, like in a hammock. If its a natural birth you'd like then hopefully there's plenty of time and space to go yet.

I don't know what's up with me today but I'm absolutely exhausted. I could just fall asleep at my laptop right now!

Cherry, this baby was breech at my 28 week scan and head down this week at my 32 week scan. They had told me not to worry until 35 weeks. I also have an anterior placenta....I can see where they couldn't manually move baby with it....but you have SO MUCH TIME left I wouldn't worry.

PG I am pretty tired. I'm back to work today after a few months off (just supply teaching) and of course this morning was one morning I slept to my alarm and coud keep sleeping!!

PG I can't believe your hospital doesn't have a tour, I hate unknowns. In fact I'm retouring my hospital this weekend as I had Alistair with me last time and I don't think I took a lot in and I started to get nervous about how it was all new to me. I'm also in a new hospital from DS.

30 1/2 weeks. Still have 9 1/2 to go. My smile in my weekly pics is a very inaccurate portrayal of how I feel. Lol. I honestly dont know how Im going to make it. Ugh so exhausted and everything hurts. Braxton hicks for pretty much anything I do. So annoying.

I finally feel mildly prepared for baby. I ordered everything we needed (double stroller, diaper pail, onesies/pants 0-3m, new monitor, breast pump, bottles, sound machine, etc) just waiting on the stroller to be delivered from target and my breast pump from the insurance company. Babys room is still a computer room, but I really cant do anything until we transition our dd to her big girl bed since were using her crib for the new guy. Reusing a lot of stuff from her - bassinet, swaddlers, blankets, etc. so I feel that if he comes early even if his room isnt set we have everything else we’ll need. Plus he’ll be in our room for a while anyways.

Cherry my ob said they dont really worry about babys position until 36 weeks, like the other ladies said baby still has a decent amount of space to flip around. This guys flipped a few times the past couple weeks. He’s been head down at every scan but 2 days ago at my check up he was breech.

Also have my induction date set for 40 + 1 on June 21st. I dont want to be induced and they actually scheduled me for 39 weeks but I refused it so the dr said shes fine with me at least going to my due date in hopes I’ll go i to labor naturally like last time so they changed it. (Having lupus they wont let me go over bc of high risk of placental failure towards the end of pregnancy)

Attachments

• 68AF70CD-0BDF-4B9B-A089-CE86D5087AA5.jpg
    68AF70CD-0BDF-4B9B-A089-CE86D5087AA5.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
Allie, I know what you mean. I remember a tour with my last hospital but I asked about it this time and they said they don't do it. I hate not being prepared about where we are going. I don't even know if they have a big tub for a water birth as that's what I wanted last time.

I'm sorry you're not feeling too great Rach. Does the lupus make you extra tired too? You do look fab on your pictures though.
I have so many braxton hicks. I had nothing last time but second pregnancy I just need to eat or move or the baby moves then my stomach is rock hard. I'm hoping it helps the birth anyway.

I had a little nap this afternoon. I had to do a 3 hour round trip for a meeting at work then I was working at home in the afternoon and started to struggle. I couldn't concentrate or barely keep my eyes open so I had a half hour nap.
I've made a cake tonight for my friends little boys birthday. It's an orange monster :haha:

Thanks ladies. You’d think that since this is my fifth, I’d know a thing or two by now. Honestly, it’s been different each pregnancy and I have such bad anxiety that I tend to stress and fixate about any little thing the dr tells me.

Fingers crossed she gets in the right direction in time!

PG5K, don’t feel bad about being tired. I slept in today, I guess I was dead to the world. My 8 year old got up and got to school on his own but was an hour late. Ugh my bad.

Anyone else here have a hubby that works out of town 3-4 weeks at a time?

Thanks PG. yes i have terrible exhaustion and fatigue with lupus. Some days better than others. I have to really think out and strategize my weeks and days so I dont use up to much energy if I have something to do the next day. Its mentally exhausting having to think and prepare my every move. I also have fibromyalgia so the aches and pains get in there whenever and as often as they like. Its super fun. But I do my best and try to manage and take care of myself so I avoid flares.

Cherry my hubby works 24 hr shifts. Which is pretty rough, because he often has to come home and nap if he’s been up all night. Then when he is up he has to do whatever errands and tasks need to be done. Then back to work, so I’m on my own quite often. What does your hubby do? Being alone 3 or 4 weeks I would die. Lol

Cherry my hubby works 24 hr shifts. Which is pretty rough, because he often has to come home and nap if he’s been up all night. Then when he is up he has to do whatever errands and tasks need to be done. Then back to work, so I’m on my own quite often. What does your hubby do? Being alone 3 or 4 weeks I would die. Lol

Yikes that sounds rough, poor guy!

Mine is a flowback operator in the oil patch. He’s been at it since feb of 2017 and was only home a total of 8-9 weeks last year. It is exhausting since both our families are in Manitoba and sask. so I’m alone when he’s gone.

You've been through the mill Cherry, all that anxiety is understandable but agreeing it's way too early to worry about baby's position. I'm really impressed that your son got himself to school at 8! (Not a criticism).

I feel you on the achiness & wondering how you'll make it through Rach, but I didn't realise you are contending with lupus & fibro on top of pregnancy - you're a superstar! (There's nothing wrong with me apart from pregnancy!)

My SIL is being induced today. She's a week overdue with a big baby. I know she's disappointed not to have gone herself, but hopefully the little one will be here soon.

I only have a week & a half of work left! I can't wait to finish. Debating taking tomorrow off (I was off Thursday & Friday sick because of a lot of pain & nausea) & my back is still very sore. But will definitely go back on Tuesday to help my colleague get things finished up.

Exciting we’re all getting so close!

I’ve had such bad pelvic pain the past 3 or 4 days I started wondering if baby might have dropped - is anyone good at interpreting photos? I took one tonight (33+1) and am comparing to one I took somewhere around 27+5. I can’t tell if it looks like it’s lower or he’s just grown. Ideas? (Black and white stripes is 28ish weeks, plain belly is new today)

[url=https://ibb.co/erBbp7][img]https://preview.ibb.co/hwNhU7/6_D8_FAD43_E772_407_B_8_C97_84466005_AAB0.jpg[/url][/IMG]

Sander, pelvic pain has started here too :( Not sure if she’s dropped either or if just bigger. It’s not fun though.

Any update on your SIL Squig? How exciting. I know how dissapointing it is to be induced..

Hmmmm can't tell from the photo but that doesn't mean baby hasn't dropped, Sander. I was reading it will be sometime soon. Were you particularly active this weekend?

AFM, have another BPP tomorrow. Waiting on my blood results for cholestastis because of my night itching.... :( Scary, but I'm hoping the itching is just related to my restless legs at night. I also have dry skin, live in a dry semi-desert (foothills of Colorado mountains) and we're in a drought so maybe I'm just extra sensitive...so many unknowns.....I wish I could sleep. Still feeling woefully unprepared for the baby. I need DH to step up and start assembling stuff. Her bassinet, swing, bouncer....everything is in boxes in her closet! I want to set up a tiny nursery in part of our room since we are not able to move before she's born (we just never found a place and it's getting too late!!!)

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part haha. I see my midwife on Thursday so I’ll ask her then!

Sorry you’re so uncomfortable Allie and that you have pelvic pain too Curious. My app is in the 6 weeks x number of days countdown and it’s crazy but we’ve almost made it the whole way :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->