June jewels 2018!!!!

The spinning babies poses really worked for me with DD, I think. Though I guess who really knows, maybe she would have flipped on her own. But regardless I recommend them!

Allie - luckily my daughter has been so keen on having a sibling that she has been really good with the pregnancy. She's been through a lot as me and her dad split up 3 years ago so she's been through a lot of change. I think it's helped with her resilience to change a bit. I'm glad she's taken to it well but I am worried that when her brother is born that her dad will fill her head with "they won't love you as much" kinda comments as he can be a right dick!
I hope you're OK now, I would be straight to hospital if there was spotting too :hugs:

I can't wait to see the Midwife tomorrow, it feels too long being 6 weeks since I last saw anyone. I'm a bit worried my bump has grown quite a bit but until I'm measured it's hard to tell. Luckily I'm getting a lot of movement which helps me relax.
I don't have insomnia but I do usually wake 3-5 times a night. I find falling asleep OK but then I'm up at 2:30am for my first wee and after that I sometimes struggle to get back to sleep or I sleep lightly so that I wake a lot every time I need to roll over, then I'm up again about 6am for my next wee.
I wish I had chance to nap as I'm getting very tired in the day but I leave for work at 7:30am and don't get home to 6pm so by the time we've had dinner it's nearly bed.

Just got back from the Midwife, all is well with me and the baby. He's turned head down, good heartbeat and my bump is measuring OK. It was measuring 35cm and I'm 34+3 so it's jumped up a little as I was 1cm behind last time but I'm still in the normal range. I'm still worried about a big baby but I think that's just one of the random pregnancy worries as I've nothing to back the worry up with!

Now I just need to try and keep my hunger under control as I'm starving so much. I'm going to have a salad and cheese wrap for lunch with a banana and yogurt. Hopefully that'll keep me full for longer than 5 mins :haha:

Hope all those little stubborn breech babies turn!
I’m doing fine. Still learning to eat the right thing to keep my blood glucose in check. I am hungry a lot and have lost 3 Lbs. I need to keep my fasting number down or doc wants me to take meds. And then talk about induction at 39 weeks. I’m just glad he said 39 not 38. Off to another biophysical this morning. Will have them once a week for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Pg5k so good that baby has turned. Makes me feel hopeful my little man will do the same soon.

I definitely think there's time Topiaz. At my last appointment he was across me like a hammock but now he's going in the right direction. People have commented about a week ago that my bump changed shape so I think he only did it then. He still seems to be pushing at my sides a lot, I can feel him go from one side to the other which is kinda uncomfortable but good to know he's enjoying himself in there :haha:

Mom15 - if you can do it without meds that will be great. I hope you manage to get the hang of it. I'm hungry all the time but trying (and not always succeeding) not to eat just because I feel hungry. It is hard though so it sounds like you are doing the right thing for your GD.

PG, that's great!! Yay!! There's still hope haha!!! And glad you are measuring well!

Your days sound longgggg. Can you nap at work haha? Sneak out to your car at lunch?!?! Take the train and sleep on the train (ahhh bliss)?

Mom, the fasting bloods ARE the hardest. Do you eat something with protein RIGHT before bed? That helped me. Like a cheese stick at 11 pm.....

Unfortunately I sit behind my boss! We've often joked that nap time would be good. I think it's why I need so much sugar to get through the day :haha:
I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow as I'm delivering two 2 hour training sessions and they're about an hour and a half away from home. I know I'm going to be knackered. I definitely need to cut down my travel soon.

Has the spotting stopped now allie?

Is anyone else feeling dead bored?? I know most of you have other kids to keep you busy but I'm stuck at home by myself all day because DH and I share our car (which he takes to work) and I don't live close enough to walk anywhere interesting. We've finally had beautiful weather here for the first time in ages, and although I love the sun I find it a lot easier to feel cooped up when it's beautiful out than when it's cold and raining.

Trying to come up with ideas for things to do.... help haha

Thanks ladies!
Allie, I usually have plain Greek yoghurt with a little fruit and a little oats/cereal. Or peanut butter with blueberries, a celery stick and some cheese. It seems the key is to have a good after dinner number and my fasting number stays below 90. If I eat the 60-75 carbs I was told for dinner I def. go over. So now I do mostly salad with protein (meat or fish for dinner). I have actually been able to eat more and feel full that way. I have had two days of perfect numbers. My doc said he’ll give me another week, so I hope I can keep it up and he’ll let me continue to control it with diet. I found unsweetened vanilla almond milk that has only 1 carb per cup vs 12 for whole milk. So I have been having that in my cereal and occasionally have a glass of it to drink. There is only so much water I handle.
Baby was doing well as always! But the head was really far down in my pelvis already so it was hard to get a good look at its little face.
Tomorrow is DS’ birthday and Saturday we will have friends and family over. Not looking forward to having food out all afternoon, but I can control myself for the sake of my baby :) I might look into a low carb cake or sth. Plain yoghurt with fruit is about as sweet as I’ve had in the last three weeks.

Sander - I don’t have any suggestions what to do, but if it is any help I would pay to have nothing to do right now. I love DS to the moon and back and this new baby, but I sometimes look back and think about all the things I could have gotten done while child free. Enjoy these last few weeks! Maybe find a craft project. Come clean my house. 😂

PG, yes, I only had the spotting that one time I wiped. :shrug: As always, it's a mystery to me!! I don't like the pelvic rest the nurse told me to do as we were trying to get into perineal massage to help with my labor and not tear again (assuming she moves head down at some point). But that involves rubbing down there of course. I'll have to get really specific when I see the doc next week to ask. :haha:

Sander, I love your post. ;) I remember that feeling before Alistair. Especially because I was on bedrest, I was REEALLLY bored. I was always on BnB. Like hours a day. I watched a lot of Hallmark movies....I took like two baths a day....do a bunch of self care things you won't have energy for with a baby, like a really good blow out on your hair and do you nails and pluck your eyebrows, etc. Shop online. :) Can you take DH to work and keep the car? That's what did a lot when we had one car. Take a day out somewhere fun where kids are a distruption (like a museum or go see a film at the theater).....

Mom, sounds like you are doing great with your eating. :thumbup:

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I ended up taking my dog out for a long walk, which ended up being really nice because it was perfect weather. I know I'll be really envious of not having anything to do soon enough :p

Mom - sounds like you're doing an awesome job, just think a few more weeks and you can go back to eating the way you want!

Allie - I want to try perineal massage as well. Where did you get your info on how to do it?

I love you read and bake Sander. If I have any free time and energy then that's what I do, something like bread making takes a lot of effort, time and concentration but is such an accomplishment when it comes out right... And you get tasty bread!

Mom15 youre doing great! Keep it up only a few more weeks!

Sander I remember being bored to tears with anticipation of new baby. My hubby and I made a list of everything we wanted to get done around the house that would be difficult to get to with a new baby. Random projects that werent crucial but we wanted done. It helped fill the time and we did minor reno to our house in the process! It was great to check off each one!

Anyone have the gbs swab yet? I was positive last pregnancy and was given antibiotics duing labor. Read somewhere if youre positive in one pregnancy they dont even test again and just automatically give meds. Keep forgetting to ask my dr. Any experiences?

Mom15 youre doing great! Keep it up only a few more weeks!

Sander I remember being bored to tears with anticipation of new baby. My hubby and I made a list of everything we wanted to get done around the house that would be difficult to get to with a new baby. Random projects that werent crucial but we wanted done. It helped fill the time and we did minor reno to our house in the process! It was great to check off each one!

Anyone have the gbs swab yet? I was positive last pregnancy and was given antibiotics duing labor. Read somewhere if youre positive in one pregnancy they dont even test again and just automatically give meds. Keep forgetting to ask my dr. Any experiences?

I have mine tomorrow. I was positive last time but they're still retesting me. Apparently it can vary, even from week to week. My midwives suggested taking a probiotic to help decrease the odds of being positive so I have. Fx! Though obviously the antibiotics weren't a huge deal, I'd just like to not have to worry about it.

I don't think it's something they routinely test for in the UK, I don't remember having it last time but I'm going to ask my Midwife about it as I do worry incase I have it but just don't know.

They GBS test each pregnancy here. I had it with Scarlett but not with Jewell. I have my appt this afternoon... I am almost 36 weeks so I wonder if they will do today or next week as I think weekly appointments will start for me.

we dont get routinely tested here which i think is really bad as it can have such dire consequences!
i have a health visitor house appointment on Friday which i never had pre baby arriving with my daughter. its under the guise of giving support and highlighting services but clearly just to nosey at your house! really hoping its not the lady on the phone as she was so rude and horrible when i had re arrange!
ahh sander enjoy this time lol i know its impossible but this is the only pregnancy you just get to concentrate on the baby thats coming!

Sander, this is the website I looked at. I'm waiting to start because I'm 'pelvic rest' and think this must count as messing with your pelvis haha. https://www.mamanatural.com/perineal-massage/

My sister just had her 2nd. I think they automatically just treated for GBS with this one as she had it the first time. And sue enough she tested positive after birth for it again.....I also just heard from a friend who had Group A strep, which they don't even test for, and it gave her a uterine infection?!?! WTF?!?!? So many things to worry about.....

I think I'll get tested next week at my 36 week appointment if I remember correctly. I suppose we need to get tested before we go 'full term' at 37 weeks just in case we go into labor!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW CLOSE WE ARE. Tomorrow, when 'it's gonna be May' ;) we will all say "I'm having a baby this month or next month!" :shock:

Ladders, home visits were one of my fave things from the UK tbh haha. But yes they totally have a nosy at your house lol.

Allie i know!! i said the exact thing to hubby this morning! wonder gow many of us will make it to june or have them in may?!

wouldnt mind the house visit if wasnt for the woman really getting my back up and i know they are going to harp on about me having a dog like they did last time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->