June jewels 2018!!!!

If they visited my house at the moment it would be a right mess :haha:
We're frantically (well I say 'we' but I actually mean my oh and my dad) trying to get jobs finished in the house. We've got a carpet fitter coming tomorrow so oh is glossing and my dad is laying laminate by the front door. The babies room is half finished and we haven't made the space in our room yet! Lots to do, let alone general hoovering and cleaning.

My oh is really stressed about everything we need to do so I'm finding that hard at home, I just want to get in from work and relax and I can't because he's either doing stuff or worrying about doing stuff. I know it needs doing and I definitely appreciate it all but I'm also feeling exhausted trying to keep up and keep smiling.

I definitely wish they would test for strep B in the UK as my friend was tested as was positive. I don't know how much it is to have it done privately.

It is scary how close we are now! We'll start to reach full term soon even if we aren't at our due date.

Can’t believe it’s May today! It seemed SO far away back in October. I really have a lot to get done, I still don’t really have anything for the baby, and there’s things I need for myself too. I was going to put together a postpartum box of tricks, ha ha!! So I have everything on hand and I don’t have to send dh out for pads or something if I run out...though he doesn’t really mind. We’re not doing a baby’s room, which I’m a little sad about but we only have 3 bedrooms and I cant lose the guest space as family coming from the Uk would have nowhere to sleep. We’ll have to reassess once baby moves out of our bedroom I guess, and maybe make it a multi purpose room.

Anyone else panicking these babies won’t turn?!!!! This pickle is still spinning around a lot, I just wish they’d settle into a nice head down position and stay there!

Yay for may. I'm due 31st but probably be a June baby I've always gone over or been on time never early.

Haven't been on for ages but hope all you ladies are doing well xx

DD was on her due date so I'm wondering when I will have this baby! Everyone thinks I will go a little earlier but I was on my due date and my younger brother was late so I'm trying to not count on it.

Thanks ladies for all of your responses! It’s funny what things are routine in different countries. I have a growth scan and nst this friday, then ob appt and nst monday! Ill ask her then about the swab.

Eeeeeeek its May!!! This month or next we’ll all be holding our little bubs!!! We still have soooooo much to do to prepare the house. We have pretty much everything we need, its just all still in boxes or needs washing(stuff were reusing from dd). But his room is nowhere near ready. Which is stressing me bc I feel stuck, cant really do anything until I have somehwere to put it!

PG funny my hubby is not stressed about how little time we have left and THATS stressing me out! Lol like this whole past month between his 24 hr work days and 12 hr days at the rental property reno he’s barely been home. Now his portion of the reno is done so today was his first off day at home and he said he had a list of things for us to do to. In my head it was clean out computer room since thats all I care about so we can set up the nursery and I can relax about it. His list was change the oil/gas in the lawn mower, wash all the windows on the outside, and put in the window screens. I wanted to explode when he said his list. Hahahha ugh the wonderful man takes such excellent care of me I have a hard time truly complaining but my god man! We only have like 4-7 weeks left! I dont want to be rushing around the day before my due date.

Fx I had the same idea about a pamper box for myself(not really pampering since its no fun at all the couple weeks after delivery, but calling it that sounds fun ha) since I know now what I’ll need.

Guys it’s May!!! Ahhhh I’m so hoping this is baby month - DH is convinced this LO is coming a touch early and I’m really hoping so too. He’d only need to be 2 days early to be a May baby so it’s very possible. Anyhow I’m trying not to build myself up for that because I know I’ll be so disappointed if I go overdue, but I feel like if I take it in 2 week chunks instead of thinking I have potentially 6 weeks left, then it’s easier on my brain haha :p

I will CRY if I don't have a May baby :rofl: 5/31 is my official due date and he better be on time or a little early :haha:

LOL Holly!! I hope you have a May baby like me. ;) Did they test you for GBS yesterday?!?!?

I just got back from my OB and they did my GBS swab! ALSO, I got my C-Section scheduled because baby is still VERY BREECH! :dohh: So unless she turns on her own (I won't do the ECV) or I go into labor before, I'll be having this baby at 7 am on Monday, May 28th!!! Yikes!! I'm so excited but so nervous about a C-Section!!

Things are slowly coming together for the baby....I have a stressed OH as well. I actually wrote out his list hahaha. He comes home and freaks out and is building stuff and cleaning but I'm like 'we've had 8 months!!'. Everything has just sat in it's packaging. We finally have a swing built, the bassinet, etc. Still have a shelving unite and dresser flat pack. We're not even going to buy a crib yet :dohh: as we will have her in the bassinet the first few months (although my bassinet says 15 lbs max...and what if she's a big baby!!??)

Every time I walk past the pads and stuff I think I need to buy some but can't bring myself to yet, haha.

I can't wait to have our nursery finished too Rach, at the moment all of the furniture is still flat pack and the lovely clothes I have for the baby are all just in a random box. I can't wash them or put them away yet.
Whereas my oh is stressing that the paint on the skirting isn't perfect, I just want somewhere to put the baby clothes and unpack the stuff we've bought!

Men definitely have different priorities to us :haha:

For me, I'm thinking that I'll go over as I did with my dd. I think my due date will be the 10th or 11th though I would like him to come on his due date as I'm feeling very tired and starting to look podgy now.

Oh wow, how exciting you've got a date Allie! I think being a little earlier you won't have a too big baby

Everything is ready for baby here but it’s easy when you don’t have a room to set up! Since we’re moving in August we’re just keeping baby and her things in our room until then. I do need to pack my hospital bag, or at least make up a list of what’s going in the bag and make a list for DD’s bag in case I go into labor before my MIL arrives. We also need to install the car seat but will do that closer to my due date.

Mainly I am stressed and super busy dealing with moving stuff. Packing, getting mover quotes, etc.

No GBS test for me yesterday :shrug: so I guess Monday when I go.

I actually DID just buy a crap load of pads yesterday in fact! Ewwww! No fun! Lol. I bled for NINE weeks with Jewell...really hope it doesn't last that long this time. But I didn't want to have to send my husband out to buy what I wanted so I took care of that part! Hard to believe I am almost 36 weeks! :wacko:

Curious, are you guys moving back across the pond in August? We're hoping to simply move house in August, just in town.

Holly, ahhhh that makes it feel so real!! I agree I don't want DH doing that for me haha.

Curious, are you guys moving back across the pond in August? We're hoping to simply move house in August, just in town.

Holly, ahhhh that makes it feel so real!! I agree I don't want DH doing that for me haha.

We’re moving from near DC to CA! It’s going to be insanity with a preschooler and a newborn but all our family is in CA so I’m so excited.

Went for a long walk today and had some more BH’s after, trying to do a couple of big walks every week to help things along as otherwise I end up laying around all day! But I’m definitely feeling a lot more pressure down below which makes me wonder if baby has dropped - mostly I feel like I constantly have to pee, but when I go there’s barely any pee coming out. No pain or anything so don’t think it’s a UTI. Just lots of pressure. I start weekly appointments with the MW this thursday, so I’ll ask her then where baby is!
Also drinking lots of raspberry leaf tea. I don’t know if it will do anything but I love the flavour anyways so if it helps that’s just a bonus!
10 days until term! :)

We’re moving from near DC to CA! It’s going to be insanity with a preschooler and a newborn but all our family is in CA so I’m so excited.

Curious we live near DC! My friend did DC to CA this time last year, they made a holiday out of it and drove cross country, it looked a great trip.

Sorry Curious, I got confused and thought you were British hahahaha. I blame pregnancy brain!!

Sander, sounds like you are getting there. I'm also drinking raspberry tea, well, 'mother to be' tea which includes it.

I can't do long walks, though, I get such a bad pain in my right side!! I tell my doctor every time and he doesn't seem to have any answers. It's like on my right side in the middle of the uterus. It IS where Baby hangs out as she favors my right and it's too low to be my liver or anything. I can't figure out what it is, doc thinks it's muscular as it comes on with activity and goes away when resting....anyways...

fx, we did that drive when we moved to this coast and it would have been fun, except we had cats in the car with us, lol! I would make a trip out of it, except newborn so I think we will fly but if my kids were older it'd be different.

Allie, no worries! :D

I had a chiropractor appointment this morning and baby has dropped so much since. I think we made space for her in my pelvis.

Ooh nice. :thumbup: I've never been to a chiropractor so I don't know what they do exactly? Apparently they can move babies head down as well? I'm far too afraid to intervene in that area but I think it's interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->