June jewels 2018!!!!

Baby was still breech at my appointment today 🙁 it’s really stressing me out.

Awww FX I feel you!! I've been doing all kinds of things this week --- mainly inversions on my staircase a few times a day, plus the pool handstands and changing my posture a ton....when will you know if baby has turned? I have a growth scan on Friday....she feels different today but there's no way I can actually tell. She is definitely less under my ribcage...

Rach, he's such a cutie. Love the picture so much. I really wouldn't worry about the percentiles at all.

My feet are so so swollen. Like twice their normal size. It’s horrible. This happened with DD too and my bp has been fine all along so I think it’s just bad luck but it’s so uncomfortable.

my ankles are swollen too! My blood pressure was elevated on Friday, but my doc wasn’t too concerned yet. Baby looked good and I haven’t had any protein in my urine. He said to watch out for headaches and blurry vision. Of course I have a headache tonight. The first since first tri. I rarely get them thankfully, so they are pretty noticeable when I do. Will be borrowing a blood pressure cuff from the in-laws tomorrow, so I can check it routinely. I’ve managed to keep my blood sugar in check so that’s good. I did dream about food for the first time and that I couldn’t drink the fruit smoothie that my sister got. Haha.
Trying to finish painting the babies room tomorrow. Then off to Ikea for a sleeper sofa that I will put in there and a new light fixture. Getting anxious about getting things done. Will also order the Halo Bassinest. Was going to go for the Luxe Version first, but decided to safe $60 and just go for the essential one which doesn’t have lights or music. Never used music with DS especially not in the first 6 months, so I don’t think I should spend the extra money.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that your babies will turn!!

We bought the same one Mom15 - didn’t think the Luxe was worth the extra cash and when we set up the Essentia it seems great! The thing is SUPER heavy and the base is very wide though. Only fits on DH’s side of the bed as my side is too close to the window.

Good to hear Sander. Glad it sounds sturdy. Do you think it could also be placed on a bed, like between DH and I. (I am assuming for liability they say not to do that and I never shared the bed when DS was under a year in fear of SID) just curious for when we maybe travel, if I could just take the bassinet without the stand.

I think it’s fully attached to the swivel part that hooks up to the rest of the stand - like it won’t sit flat on a bed because it has this big piece underneath it. I mean maybe you could take it apart? But it comes in the box already attached and then you just slide it on the stand pole. So my guess is no, and I thought the same thing because it’s not really portable but it would have been nice to remove just the bassinet part

Sorry about the swelling ladies. I had swollen ankles Friday but I was clambering around in the mountains with Alistair. I have a tendency to be on my feet too much for this stage, I think.

In my experience with travelling, a pack and play is the best and easiest thing. It packs down even smaller than a bassinet. Also, we used ones provided by hotels and those were always just fine.

Sorry fx. You still have a couple weeks for baby to turn!

Sorry curious and sander about the swollen feet. I bought these calf-high wool socks from costco just for warmth but theyre tight around my leg and Im telling you they help keep me from swelling! The couple days its been too warm to wear them Ive noticed minor swelling in my ankles at the end of the day. Maybe some type of compression socks will help?

Had my check up today and nst. Nst was perfect again. Fundal height is measuring right on track and my weight gain is fine. Dr is mildly concerned with the huge drop in centiles but says growth scans cant be repeated for at least 3 weeks. So I just have to go back in 3 weeks instead of my usual 4 weeks for a recheck growth scan. She said because everything else is looking good and my tummy is measuring on target shes hoping the drop was just from a poor quality measurement. Also the only other things they would do to monitor are the twice weekly nst’s which Im already doing so as long as I stick with that I’m about as monitored as I can be. Lol now for the 2 1/2 week wait until I can be scanned again.....

Rach, I did wear sneakers for a few hours walking around yesterday and they were so uncomfortable after first but then my feet felt so much better, when I took them off too! I think they acted like compression socks, and squeezed all the fluid out or something, lol. Ew!

Haha curious. Whatever works right? My feet have grown!! I have only fit into half my shoes since like 20 weeks. Not swollen, but spreading ligaments or whatever makes your feet bigger :shock:

Rach, sounds like a good appt. I agree you're about as monitored as can be!! Do your weekly NSTs include a BPP?

Haha curious. Whatever works right? My feet have grown!! I have only fit into half my shoes since like 20 weeks. Not swollen, but spreading ligaments or whatever makes your feet bigger :shock:

Rach, sounds like a good appt. I agree you're about as monitored as can be!! Do your weekly NSTs include a BPP?

All my flats were tight too, even before I started swelling :( Such a bummer. I have a few nice pairs and I will cry if they don't fit post-baby.

I went up a half-size after Alistair and now I seem to be another half-size up. So overall an entire size foot bigger than before I was ever pregnant 7 years ago!

I went up a half-size after Alistair and now I seem to be another half-size up. So overall an entire size foot bigger than before I was ever pregnant 7 years ago!

Oh no! That’s crazy. I didn’t change sizes at all until the swelling started with DD so I’m not prepared for this.

Alli no bpp but probably because the nst’s are perfect every time? And up until friday my growth scans were perfect too. My next scan is scheduled for 5/29 so now I just have to pass the time until then...which will be super fast with twice weekly appts and house projects in between! Ugh so much to do!

Found this online today in case anyone is interested, I don’t know what the source is so who knows if it’s accurate or not - but it’s a running total of average births by the end of each week:

36 weeks - 4.0%
37 weeks - 10.3%
38 weeks - 23.2%
39 weeks - 47.6%
40 weeks - 77.6%
41 weeks - 96.5%
42 weeks - 99.8%
43+ weeks - 99.9%

So maybe we’ll start seeing babies soon!! :p

Oh sander thats cool. Could you imagining being the poor momma in the 43+ weeks category?! Oh kill me! Im hoping to not see week 39 hahahha

Ha ha it would be terrible to be the 43+ weeks mum!!

Rach it's funny how advice is so different - I know you're in the US & I'm the UK, but I get fortnightly growth scans & I did in my last pregnancy too. Waiting on one now, but baby jumped up the centiles at the last one, so I'm very interested to see today's result.

Squig I had to check google to see how long fortnightly is. Hahaha. 2 weeks? Thats amazing! It seems like since there was such a drop an early recheck would be warranted, but I think since he’s still in what they consider the “normal” size range I cant get one any sooner. He is still moving around like crazy so I at least have that reassurance. But yes it is incredible the differences in healthcare between different countries and even in the US from state to state!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->