June jewels 2018!!!!

eppgirl, that's stressful!!! Thank goodness you have somewhere to go!! That's the main thing. As long as everyone has a bed and roof, you'll be fine. :hugs:

Mom, I'm mega impressed with your painting marathon haha! We need diapers too. I got 3 packs at my baby shower, only one pack of newborn. I can't remember how long they stay in newborn?!?!? Hope your appt went well today!!!

Sander, awesome appt! Did she examine your cervix? I'm assumning yes haha. I asked at my appt today and they will only look at 38 weeks if we ask/want it and not before unless necessary. Oh and no sweep before 39 weeks. Wah wah. Last time I got a sweep at 38.....

I'm thinking about these things because.....

Baby moved head down!!! :happydance: You have no idea how excited I am haha!! They still have my C Section scheduled, though, as my OB was in surgery and couldn't see me. I saw his PA and she was no help TBH. She rained on my vaginal parade :)haha:) by telling me C-Sections were safer and I shouldn't jump to cancel it!! So I will ask my OB on Tuesday. I don't see how they are safer but she freaked me out.

Anyways, Baby is good and passed the BPP and NST. Her estimated weight today is 6 lbs 11 oz. Full term on Sunday. It's all happening.

Sorry to hear that eppgirl.

I saw midwife today and during the appointments he went from oblique to transverse and he has been doing it all day. I’m hoping he is gearing up for a big turn.

I did worry myself by googling what would happen if he remained that way.

Please don't worry! How is oblique different to transverse? This baby was transverse at 34 and now two weeks later is head down. The things that worked for me were swimming a lot, doing hand stands in the water, doing slight inversions on my stairs, lots of downward dog and perching on my pelvis, leaning forward, rocking on all fours....nothing too invasive or major....I think the most radical thing I did was water handstands.

Sorry eppgirl, I hope things resolve themselves quickly. :(

Topaz hopefully this means baby is on his way to being head down!!

Allie congrats so happy he turned for you! No my midwife never checks my cervix? I don’t know why, but I don’t know if she’ll even do a sweep because the office only has a couch and no medical table or anything. I think they’re pretty hands off in general assuming a low risk pregnancy. Which is good - as much as I’d like to know if I’m dilated etc, I don’t think it makes a difference on when baby is coming and then I don’t need to have a bunch of hands up in my space haha

Allie, that’s great news! So happy for you! Unless there’s some other reason you specifically need a C section I’d be rolling my eyes at that lady. How strange.

My midwives don’t do cervical checks unless there’s a specific reason either. I could request it but I just don’t really care. I know a bunch of second time moms who walked around 3cm dilated for weeks. I think for me knowing that would actually be worse! Lol. It’s funny, I’m so uncomfortable but I’m also just good waiting this out and not trying all the “come now baby” stuff I tried last time. I feel very laid back compared to last time, which is so not like me, haha.

I wish I could go swimming lots. It’s £5 a session and I just can’t afford to
But plan to do the inversions and Breech tilt and I have some moxa sticks to burn to try Moxibustion myself.

Sorry eppgirl, what a tough time to have to deal with all that extra stress. Hope you can find a new place quick and easy.

Allie so happy for you, also as I mention in the fb group that PA is straight up crazy. Ignore her.

I had 2 sweeps and a prenatal foot massage last time. I did go into labor the day after the foot massage but it was a day before my due date so no idea if it actually did anything? I feel like this guy is going to come easily and early on his own. If i miraculously make it to 38 weeks I’ll probably try the sweeps again. Not sure. My Ob did check my cervix but I cant remember when they started doing that. Maybe 37 weeks? But being high risk Im not sure if thats a normal thing or just because of that.

Oh no Eppgirl, I hope things sort themselves out for you. Luckily it sounds like you have a nice supportive family around.

Allie that's fab that your baby has turned head down. I don't know why she would say that c section is safer, I think both carry a certain amount of risk but nowadays that risk is very low. At least now you have the choice

I might book myself in for a massage when I finish for mat leave Rach, it might not help the baby come but should make me feel nicer anyway.

Afm - I had my scan and the baby is measuring big 7.2lb! But is still in the normal range. I take the measurements with a pinch of salt as I've heard lots of stories of them getting it wrong. More wrong than right. I was told my dd would be big but she was 7.5lb at 41 weeks.
Luckily the baby has been back to its normal active self now. He's head down but not engaged.
Im going out with my dd for afternoon tea with princesses so she's very excited as she gets to dress up like a Disney princess too.

Appointment went well as always. Will measure baby next time, check cervix and test for group strep B. So a little more happening. Putting together a sleeper sofa from Ikea and reaching my limits with that!

We had a bad time with the IKEA wardrobe, it kinda collapsed when my oh tried to stand it up! Some ones definitely need two people.

Yeah, I have a lot Ikea furniture and it can be tricky. Got the sofa up. One of the easier things I have put together, just the pieces were heavy. I think I almost over did it. Braxton Hicks galore today.

So yesterday was eventful. Had a spot of pink/red when I wiped at night. Then nothing else throughout the night. Yesterday around noon had another pink spot. Was feeling pressure, bh, mild period cramps and low back cramps/ache. Called on call ob and they said to head into L&D to get checked out since I was feeling pressure along with spotting. Went in and was put on the monitor. Had contractions(just felt like intense braxton hicks) 3 min apart for 6 hours! They checked me 3 times and stayed at 1 cm dialated with cervix high and firm. Since I wasnt progressing and didnt want any meds for pain/sleep they said I could go home and if any changes come back. After I left and had dinner the contractions died down. Have only had a few today, which is normal for me this pregnancy. Thank goodness baby is still cozy and growing! He was perfect on the monitor the whole time too.

The Dr did a quick scan and he’s still head down(forgot to ask if hes engaged! Ugh!) and she measured him at about 5 lbs 8 oz!! Such a relief knowing the tech last week was incorrect in her measurements! And he’s still right on track in his growth.

Funny thing it got my dh to realize we dont have much time left so we stopped at Lowes to pick up supples to make our dd’s new big girl cabin bed! So excited since I wanted to transfer her out of the crib like 2 months ago. Lol

I hope you've managed to get some rest today mom?

I took my daughter to afternoon tea with Disney princesses and it was a lovely day out. I'm not just relaxing in the bath and reading about episiotomy and tearing :haha:
Luckily I only had a small tear with my dd and I don't want an episiotomy unless absolutely me necessary, especially after reading more about it today.

Hi ladies, just back from our holiday, will read through and get caught up!!

Yes, PG! I did get to rest most of the day. Just did some light cleaning and cooked dinner.
DH is going on a work trip Tuesday through Thursday. Please, baby, don’t decide to show early!!!
I finally ordered the bassinet. I’m also going to be really close getting all my projects at work wrapped up (I design homes at an architecture firm). So once hubby is back fro his trip, I’m going to feel much more ready if baby wants to come.

Ignore those extra blank posts. It wasnt letting me post yesterday so I tried a few times and of course then today they all show up. Lol But now it wont let me delete the extras.

Rach, :hugs: glad you got DH to get moving on the Cabin Bed. ;) Also glad the ultrasound tech was WRONG. I remember when I was worried this baby was a dwarf because of her short femur and last week as the growth scan the tech was like 'she's got such long, strong bones!' :dohh:

Welcome back FX! How was your trip??

Mom, that is nerve wracking but luckily only a few days and you're still early!!

PG, :haha: That's the kind of thing I do in the bath. I had an episiotomy even though my birth plan said 'let me tear naturally' the doctor made it sound urgent and just did it before the vacuum. :( I'm sure the cut and vacuum made me have the stupid 4th degree tear!

Had a good Mother's Day, walked around a carnival with DH and DS and watched THEM go on all the fun rides while I stood in the sun. ;) It was honestly fun, though. No less than four people came up to me and told me 'not long to go now, eh!!!?!?' and I had the first experience of a stranger touching my stomach (a grown man of all people). :dohh: I was thinking I must look pretty big and uncomfortable haha!

Sorry to hear of your housing situation eppgirl, I hope it's resolved quickly for you. Stressful at the best of times, never mind just now.

Hope your trip was good, FX!

Glad all was ok in the end, Rach.

Good news on baby turning, Allie 😀

The afternoon tea sounds lovely PG.

Definitely hope baby stays put another while, mom!

I am so sore & slow all the time. Slowly getting buts & pieces sorted, but running out of time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->