June jewels 2018!!!!

I 'only' get growth scans every 4 weeks even being high risk. :shrug: I do get the weekly BPP and NSTs though. I'm REEEAAAALLY curious as to her size though - I'll know Friday.

The differences in healthcare are interesting. It's no secret the UK has way better maternal fetal outcomes. I like how they approach it more holistically and have more of a 'wait and see' approach instead of the intervention approach common to the US. BUUUUUUT I love having my old private room at the hospital compared to a a shared room and I like that I see the same doctor every visit and he will most likely be who delivers Baby....I feel like I know him well. SO pluses and minuses!!

------------------

I know I'm like obsessed with sleep but how is everyone sleeping these days? What position is comfortable? I can't get comfortable. I am trying to stay on my left side and it's darn near impossible!! I'm still way more comfortable on my right and then I feel guilty!

I 've always slept on my right so just can't manage long on my left. Finding it harder to sleep now too. I wake up to go to the toilet then take ages to get back off to sleep. I 've finished work today so might get a nap in now and again.

Naps are glorious but I always wake up grumpy and out of sorts. I can't seem to nap right haha.

YAY to you for finished work~ :happydance:

Ugh I can’t sleep on my left either, I try every night and give up after 10/15 minutes and switch to my right. I have to switch sides so many times during the night anyways I figure I can start on my right if it means I can fall asleep!!

Woohoo negative Group B test! Now if I can get through the rest of this pregnancy without being poked and prodded and swabbed I’ll be so happy :haha:

Yay thats awesome sander! Ill be tested next time I see the dr on the 21st. Hoping its negative this time

Alli Im a terrible sleeper not pregnant so its been pretty rough trying to get rest while pregnant. Last night i was so incredibly miserable. Hoping to get a couple hours sleep tonight!

I literally couldnt sleep on my left side the entire pregnancy with my dd. Mustve been the way either she was laying or the way my organs were squished but I would get terrible pains in my side/stomach if I laid on my left. (I know they say laying on your left is best for baby but my dd is healthy as an ox and I never slept on my left). This time I can sleep on my left but have a hard time falling asleep on it. So I have to fall asleep on my right then when I wake to pee I fall back asleep on my left....and repeat every 2 hours lol

Yay Sander, that's great! My GBS was negative too. I also had them test for BV and yeast....as my discharge has been yellow? Guess that's normal.

Gosh I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a hard time sleeping on my left. I also fall asleep on my right (after trying my left) and then when I'm groggy from a bathroom visit go on my left for a bit. I'm like a rotisserie chicken.

Baby tends to hang out on my right side as well, so I dunno what it is!

I absolutely cannot sleep on my left side either :haha: not for any of my last pregnancies nor this one!

I didn't realise that fortnight was an English thing!

Allie - my sleep is rubbish at the moment! I try and sleep on my left but it's not always successful and I have to flip over in the night. I end up waking for a wee a couple of times and last night the wind was making the door creek so I woke for that too! I don't have chance to nap yet but maybe when I finish in a couple of weeks time.

Sander - yay for the negative result!

As for me, yesterday I spent 4 hours in the hospital with reduced movement. The baby was being very lazy and by mid day I'd only had a few small movements but for me my boy is usually super active. So much so that I've never had to worry at all but yesterday was different. I was calm thinking that he would wiggle when I got there, but he didn't and even when I was on the monitor it was 40 mins on there till I had anything show up!
They're giving me a scan today just to check but at least he's back to his wiggly self this morning.

Alli omg rotisserie chicken!! Hhahhaahha its a hilarious visual and perfectly accurate!

Also yes to the yellowish discharge recently, wasnt having any problems and thought I had read in one of my books its a normal change in later pregnancy. Also twice weekly they check urine at my nst appts so figured if i had any infection they would catch it. But glad to know im not the only one.

Pg oh how scary!! Why do our babies do that to us?! So glad hes moving normal sgain today for you! Let us know how the scan goes

Cant believe we officially have some full term 37 weekers here now! I will be in full on baby announcement stalker mode from now on! Eeeeeek!!

37 weeks today! Crazy! But DD was a due date baby so I think I have at least a couple weeks to go.

I find it totally depends what side baby is curled on, which side is more comfortable to sleep on. I have to do both because my hips and shoulders get soooo sore. It’s awful. But rolling over in bed hurts my pelvis so much. Oh late pregnancy!

The real risk with sleeping comes from lying on your back in third trimester, so I don't think any of you right side sleepers need worry 😀 I sleep on either side. Usually my left is better but not always.

Good news on -ve GBS Sander & Allie!

Well happy 37 weeks, Curious!

Reduced movements are so scary PG. Glad baby started moving again but good that you're getting the extra scan too - keep us posted!

PG yeah my LO did the same thing last week and it was so scary! Of course he’s gone right back to normal but they sure know how to worry us already. Hope your scan goes well, maybe this will be your last peek before the real deal!

Allie your rotisserie chicken comment also cracked me up, very accurate haha

Happy 37 weeks Curious! Can’t wait to join you in 2 days!!

I have a midwife appointment today, getting them weekly now so every Thursday. She said this week we’d discuss when to call her in labour - exciting to be getting so close!

PG, how was your scan? Any time I start to think Baby is being lazy, I drink something really cold and lay on my left and she kicks a bunch. Once I count 10 kicks I count it as meeting a kick count. But then I worry I had to 'intervene' for her to kick and I still worry. :dohh: Even though that's what doctor says to do.

Also every time I go swimming she is eerily quiet during and after. I'm not sure if it's the fact I'm exercising or the water puts her into a nice sleep....I know water is really relaxing for me anyways.

These babies are so worrying all the time. :dohh:

Woo to our full term mammas. Very exciting!!

Anyone who has had a C-section before, is there something I should be doing to register in person or meet with the anethesiologist or anything? Before the day I mean? If I end up getting the C-Section....I'm just wondering if i'm missing something. So far I've had a phone registration and they told me when to show up (515 am!) and to fast for 12 hours before (ugh).

I see my doc tomorrow so I can ask him. My last growth scan as well! Eeks.

Sorry Allie no ideas on the C-section - I’d think your doc would give you that info? I would think you would have a proper consultation but who knows.

Had my appointment today, baby has moved positions quite a bit! She said he’s more anterior now, and he’s gone from 5/5 (not engaged) to 2/5 engaged. I know it doesn’t mean a lot but I’m glad he’s finding the exit chute lol. She also finished my appointment and said ok see you next week - or before! And I was like don’t tease me haha, although it would be so great to go into labour this week. Baby was using my cervix as a trampoline last night so I think we’re both ready to be done :haha:

35 weeks tomorrow :) having my weekly appointment with a bpp scan. Was hard to see the face last week so I’ll be curious if baby has dropped even lower. Then next week I think we will do a growth scan and doc will check cervix. While uncomfortable, I can’t wait to see where I am at. I get quiet days too and freaks me out when I don’t feel movement for a couple of hours. I’m so split in my head....want to just enjoy having just DS for a bit longer, but also want baby to be here soon. Finished painting the nursery yesterday in a 6h painting marathon (by myself as DH was at work) and it definitely wore me out. We got a sleeper sofa for the room as baby will be in our room for now and it is another sleeping option if we have guests or DH wants a quiet night. Then I’m ready to pull the newborn stuff out and get it all washed. The other day I thought holy smokes I got to buy diapers. Last time I got a ton at my baby shower and almost forgot that that won’t happen this time with no shower. Lol. Definitely starting to feel a lot more immobile. No pain anywhere but just feel so heavy. I have been going to the chiropractor twice a week and it has kept my back pain free. I can only recommend it! The one I go to uses the activator method. It’s this little clicker and it’s very gentle. She even does a click on each side of my pubic bone every time and I think it will help having my pelvis in line and relaxed for when baby comes out.
Can’t wait to hear about everyone’s upcoming labor/birth and babies!

If all goes well, pre-e stays away, and baby co-operate, we have a date!
C-section to be set for June 19th at 38 weeks and 2 days! I also signed papers to get my tubes tied as well. It is all starting to feel so real now.

On the down side, we had a lot of financial issues for the past month and are now being evicted. Going to spend the next 3 days getting all of our stuff out of the house, and trying to find a place. Luckily we can stay at my FIL's until we find a place, it'll just be a tight fit. Went and got a storage unit yesterday so we can store all of our stuff. Super stressed and just trying to make it.
My blood pressure after getting the notice was 155/90. I knew it was from stress so just trying to stay calm at this point.

Sorry to hear that eppgirl.

I saw midwife today and during the appointments he went from oblique to transverse and he has been doing it all day. I’m hoping he is gearing up for a big turn.

I did worry myself by googling what would happen if he remained that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->