June jewels 2018!!!!

Curious - I have cloth diapers from DS too and hope to use them again. Just the first weeks, I think, I will be happy the have the convenience of disposable. I ordered some NB diapers last night so they will be here in two days. Which cloth diapers do you use?

Allie - I have not commented on your decision that you have to make, because it would be so hard for me to make that decision myself. Personally I would always go for vaginally, BUT I did not experience a bad tear, so I can see that that is very scary. I have no idea if any of it makes any difference, but have you looked into positions during pushing that may help reduce the risk of tearing? I think if you knew that you wouldn’t tear badly again, from what I read in your posts, you would go vaginally every time. I don’t know how flexible your doctor is. Mine was “you can be on your back or your side” and it bothered me for a long time as I had read the more vertical you are the less chance of tearing (I had only 2nd degree tear, but I was mad I tore at all, silly, I know) Also using a warm cloth during labor on your perineum is supposed to help, but you need someone to help with that.
I’m so sorry that there isn’t an easy answer and I hope in a way baby will just make that decision for you and come on it’s own and you will see how it goes in the moment.

Curious - I have cloth diapers from DS too and hope to use them again. Just the first weeks, I think, I will be happy the have the convenience of disposable. I ordered some NB diapers last night so they will be here in two days. Which cloth diapers do you use?

I think I have a few of most the brands on the market, lol. My one size stash is mainly pockets and a few AIOs. In newborn I have lots of AIOs and some tiny covers and prefolds, then some slightly bigger pockets that worked well for when DD started sleeping a little longer at night. She wore the nb stash until she was 5 months old, she grew so slowly!

What about you?

I have only used the g diapers, but my friend gave me a big sack of cloth diapers that are the ones with all the snap buttons. I’ll have to figure out how to use them!

I have only used the g diapers, but my friend gave me a big sack of cloth diapers that are the ones with all the snap buttons. I’ll have to figure out how to use them!

There are lots of great YouTube videos out there and I'm happy to answer any questions if you have them!

Thank you ladies. I really felt between a rock and a hard place today. I feel terrified but I kept my C-Section appointment. Baby is as big today as Alistair was when born and will be bigger of course in a week, much less two weeks, and it's plain from a medical perspective if I go over 39 weeks I am risking a lot regarding my vagina/rectum....so I kept the appointment. I just have to PRAY I go into labor on my own in the next 6 days!!

I wish I felt more peace about it but I didn't feel peace about cancelling either.

How is everyone doing today????

I think I need to pack more nappies in my hospital bag. I just grabbed a few of them but I'm not sure how many!

I completely understand being scared about having a major tear again allie. I think if I'd had a bad one I might opt for a c-section as well even though that scares me it's more predictable.

My friend at work who was 2 days behind me had her baby today! I kinda would like another week if possible, maybe the Tuesday would be nice :haha:
I'm trying to walk more to keep active as I feel like I'm spending all day and evening sitting on my ass.
I've had no more labour signs, just a bit of stomach ache but I think that was wind.

It’s really amazing how long everyone has managed to keep these babies in for!! How many babies do we have scheduled for the next week or so? A couple right?

Hopefully we’ll see some spontaneous labours too! (Aka, me!! :p )

It’s really amazing how long everyone has managed to keep these babies in for!! How many babies do we have scheduled for the next week or so? A couple right?

Hopefully we’ll see some spontaneous labours too! (Aka, me!! :p )
Agreed! An acquaintance who had the same due date as me has a one month old right now! And on my May board last time we had babies born almost every day the second half of April. I’m shocked we haven’t had any early babies!

My induction is scheduled for tomorrow night...midnight.. Wednesday going in to Thursday. But I am ALL for baby coming tonight on it's own :haha:

Sorry I’ve been so quiet, this stomach bug really kicked my ass! Only just feeling better!!

It’s getting so exciting in here, I can’t wait to hear about the babies being born!!

Still feeling unprepared here, a lot of stuff arriving soon but I really want to get a move on and pack a hospital bag.

Baby is still breech so I’m prepared for scheduling a C section, not what I hoped for but I’m getting my head around it. Allie I don’t envy making that decision, in my case it’s been made for me!

Thinking of you Holly! Hope it all goes smoothly!!

Also Holly - I have been meaning to tell you that I have been cooking some of the LC recipes that you post of Fb. So thank you so much for helping me keep my GD under control. The gd has given me a very small insight into what your DS is living with every day and I say small because gd is nothing compared to Type 1. I think of him so many times when I am tempted to whine about not being able to eat what I want when I want and it puts things into perspective. I just wanted you to know the impact your efforts in making healthy food for your son have also had on my life. I’ll be forever greatful!

It's all on tomorrow for Holly! :happydance: :happydance:

It really is amazing we have had all these babies cooking so long! There is one of us who has had a baby but I think she only posts on the FB group...I don't even know her BnB name?!?! First name Elizabeth.

Yay holly very exciting!!

Sorry fx baby is still breech, maybe he’ll (she’ll?) still surprise you - otherwise I’m sure you’ll rock your section :)

I’m starting to panic thinking the baby will never come out?? I’m not really having any signs and I think what I thought was part of the plug was actually just excess discharge. Due date is in 10 days - how is it possible that nothing is happening yet? I always thought certain signs happened sooner for a FTM even if they’re more likely to go overdue. But I’m not seeing much in the way of BH’s, plug, show, and I’m pretty sure my cervix is still really high up.

How did it go with signs for you guys’ first labour?

Baby season! Good luck Holly! I'm up today for my second dose of steroids & clerking for my section on Friday. I am so ready! Also I had an appointment yesterday & my BP was a bit high so I was taken on to a trial for pre eclampsia markers to do with placental function (as I understand it). My result was in the abnormal range. There's no immediate risk but I'm glad I was already planning for Friday rather than having to suddenly schedule everything now (which is what would have happened). But I have placenta issues anyway - mine is starting to look quite elderly already so I'm not completely surprised.

Good luck making your decision Allie.

Curious & mom, I use cloth nappies too 😀 my stash is mostly bumgenius AIOs & pockets, plus some cheapie pockets. I love them, but I have no newborn sizes so will be using disposables for the first couple or few months til baby fits cloth.

Also Holly - I have been meaning to tell you that I have been cooking some of the LC recipes that you post of Fb. So thank you so much for helping me keep my GD under control. The gd has given me a very small insight into what your DS is living with every day and I say small because gd is nothing compared to Type 1. I think of him so many times when I am tempted to whine about not being able to eat what I want when I want and it puts things into perspective. I just wanted you to know the impact your efforts in making healthy food for your son have also had on my life. I’ll be forever greatful!

Aww thank you :flower:

It is ALL hard. Having GD has another layer because you have hormones and are growing a baby. It's such a crap disease :cry: I don't think most understand until it hits them directly ~ I certainly had no clue even when I heard my son's diagnosis.

I'm glad it has helped :hugs: I have A LOT of t1 mama friends on my page so that's a reason I share ~ and many of them share with me ~ and I think everyone can benefit from alternative ways to eat good foods with less sugar :)

You're very kind for saying so ~ thank you! ❤️

Baby season! Good luck Holly! I'm up today for my second dose of steroids & clerking for my section on Friday. I am so ready! Also I had an appointment yesterday & my BP was a bit high so I was taken on to a trial for pre eclampsia markers to do with placental function (as I understand it). My result was in the abnormal range. There's no immediate risk but I'm glad I was already planning for Friday rather than having to suddenly schedule everything now (which is what would have happened). But I have placenta issues anyway - mine is starting to look quite elderly already so I'm not completely surprised.

Good luck making your decision Allie.

Curious & mom, I use cloth nappies too 😀 my stash is mostly bumgenius AIOs & pockets, plus some cheapie pockets. I love them, but I have no newborn sizes so will be using disposables for the first couple or few months til baby fits cloth.

Goodness! I'm glad they are aware of it and that you already have a plan in place! :hugs:

I think what was most eye opening is that the common understanding of healthy eating does not equal what you can eat if you are diabetic. I am controlling it with diet only, but I have learnt that I need to stay way under what the dietitian told me for some meals. If I do 60-75 carbs for lunch or dinner, my number will be high. Or last night my snack would have been at 9pm and I skipped it as it was too late and would have put my fasting over. What I’m struggling a bit with, is that in the last few days I seem to be more and more insulin resistent (hope I’m saying that right?) So what I could eat a week ago just fine, now gives me borderline numbers or makes me go over. Almost there! I am not saying I am thankful to have GD, but in a way I am thankful that it has given me insight to a disease that dictates every bite you take and how hard that is. Yes, I have dreamt of food a lot lately!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->