June jewels 2018!!!!

So excited holly and squig! Can’t wait for you to meet your babies!

Sander, I had no labor signs with DD until 48 hours before she was born. No BH, no mucus plug, nothing. I was convinced she was going to be late and she was right on due date. So I wouldn’t worry 10 days out!

My DH is a type 1 diabetic, has been since he was tiny. It was super eye opening when we met to learn about it. It’s not an exact science and that can be scary. Like sometimes he can take exactly the “right” amount of insulin and he ends up high or low. If he exercises it changes things, so does travel, etc. Anyone dealing with any type of diabetes has my respect!

So excited to see these babies and hear birth stories.

Sanders I had no signs with my first until my waters broke. I didn't lose my plug until I was well into labour.

Ah wow squig and holly more babies coming soon! Maybe you two will set off a chain reaction and the rest of us will follow soon.
Sander i didnt have any signs of labour coming apart from loosibg my mucus plug but that happened 6 days before first contraction so id lost hope in that being a sign. Im with you though i really thought he'd be here around now but now i feel like hes settled down and wont ever come out!

That's great that you've been able to control you GD mom.

Good luck Holly, I hope everything goes well. Not long till newborn cuddles!

I'm glad you're feeling much better FX, it must be awful feeling so poorly especially in the late stages of pregnancy. Hopefully now you can rest up and start to get ready for the baby.

I feel the same Sander. I've had a couple of things that made me hope stuff was starting but nothing since. All of my friends and family have been early and I was late last time. I didn't have any symptoms till labour started last time so it's difficult to know.

Holly, :hugs: I have so much respect for you and all you do for Grant. Thinking of you and sending happy labor thoughts your way for tonight.

Squig, how exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! It's a bummer you are showing markers and lucky you already had delivery scheduled. What gestation will you be on Friday? I'll be thinking of you and sending happy labor thoughts your way as well! Your two LOs will have close birthdays, that might be nice in the future haha. How do you pronounce your daughter's name? My MIL is from Belfast so if you write it phonetically I can hear it in a norther Irish accent (I think lol).

Sander, I was induced so no idea how natural labor goes, BUT I did get a sweep with my DS and it made me lose my plug but nothing else happened. So I know even if you do lose your plug it means little. With this baby I was getting a ton of BH but now they've slowed down!! :dohh: I think a lot of us have snug babies that aren't in a rush!

I've officially never been this pregnant as Alistair was born at 38 and 3. I'm getting 'alien' type movements where I'm feeling distinct limbs and body parts pointing out, it's sooooo weird to feel!!! I didn't get that with Alistair at all as he was smaller and born at this point. Sometimes the baby's movements make me feel nausea as they are so strong and jarring....does that sound weird? It's becoming very clear I have a human in there! Kinda freaky but also cool.

Allie, I get little lumps sticking out all the time. No idea which parts though, probably her bum 😂 I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow which is as early as they'll let me go electively, otherwise she'd be premature rather than term. Róise is easy to pronounce when you know how - Rosha 😀 it's an Irish name meaning 'rose'.

Holly I'm not totally sure what time it is with you, maybe around 3am? It's 8.30am here. But I hope you've got a bed & been started off & that all is going well - can't wait to hear of baby's arrival!

I've been awake since 3.45 again, not even Róise's fault... So done with being pregnant so hopefully all goes ahead smoothly tomorrow!!

Thanks ladies :hugs: My daughter was sick last night and I had to take her to a walk in clinic. I got home late and wasn't able to go to be induced. :nope:

I will talk to my OB this morning to see where we go from here.

Hope your daughter feels better! Let us know when you have a new plan for baby’s arrival :)

Sorry to hear that Holly, hope she feels better and you get another time for your induction

Oh no, I hope your daughter feels better soon. Hopefully they'll be able to sort out your induction pretty quick for you.

Allie I definitely get the weird alien thing too! Me and my oh were watching my belly have strangers movements the other night. I think it's when he must change sides in my belly as I had a knee or bum go straight across and it felt very strange.

My work colleagues took me out for afternoon tea today and gave me a lovely hamper full of things for the baby and me. It's my last day at work tomorrow, then just waiting.

I don't know why, I think it might be the change of finishing work tomorrow but I suddenly feel very panicky about the birth.

I wish I knew how long I had so I could plan to do some stuff with my daughter next week as its half term so she's not at school. I'm having worries about whether I'll have the instant connection with my second baby and how life is going to be when I get home.
Suddenly everything seems like a massive change, even though the baby was planned and I've had months to get used to the idea!

Anyone else feeling suddenly worries? Or advice from 3rd or 4th time mommas?

Exciting squig that your LO is coming soon!

Allie I also get the very distinctive movements, they’re so strong now! DH is always amazed when he can feel these giant limbs moving around in there haha

Sorry PG I don’t have other kids so can’t fully relate - but I’m also worried about adjusting to having a newborn. I’m worried I won’t like the baby - DH keeps telling me that’s ridiculous, but I thought I would enjoy pregnancy (HA), and that didn’t happen so now I’m worried about being a mom. I try and just remember that once the baby is here as much as there will be good and bad days, we won’t be able to imagine life without them!

AFM, went to the midwife today and found out she doesn’t let pregnancies go past 10 days overdue, so worst case I would be induced June 12 at 41+3. So obviously hoping this babe will show up sooner than that, but it’s also soooo nice to have a definite end date!! I guaranteed will have a baby in 2.5 weeks, so that’s awesome. Although has anyone else heard births often coincide with the full moon? I thought it was a load of hooey but apparently it’s true, and the next one is Tuesday night so I’m hoping maybe the baby will come then :haha:

Wanted to put this out there because I’m curious - how many ladies had their due date adjusted from LMP? I ask because originally (based on LMP) I would have been due tomorrow (May 25), but was adjusted to June 2 after a 7 week dating ultrasound. Obviously the dating ultrasound is accurate and it also lined up perfectly with my O dates. So do you think my due date is more likely to be accurate?
I ask because a lot of people seem to go late, and I almost certainly would have if I hadn’t had that early scan.

Wanted to put this out there because I’m curious - how many ladies had their due date adjusted from LMP? I ask because originally (based on LMP) I would have been due tomorrow (May 25), but was adjusted to June 2 after a 7 week dating ultrasound. Obviously the dating ultrasound is accurate and it also lined up perfectly with my O dates. So do you think my due date is more likely to be accurate?
I ask because a lot of people seem to go late, and I almost certainly would have if I hadn’t had that early scan.

So, my office I think still has me down as 5/29 based on LMP, though I know 5/31 is my EDD based on O, since my dating ultrasound was very close (it would be with only a couple days difference). I read a lot about this when I was pregnant with DD, including a very big study where they found that even when researchers knew exactly when women O'd, on average, pregnancies went longer than 40w. It was 40w and a few days I believe, it's been a few years since I read it.

Gah well I guess a couple days over 40 weeks is better than a couple weeks over 40 :p I can’t help but be thankful they pushed my date back! I can’t imagine how nuts I would be going if I went by a May 25 due date.

Gah well I guess a couple days over 40 weeks is better than a couple weeks over 40 :p I can’t help but be thankful they pushed my date back! I can’t imagine how nuts I would be going if I went by a May 25 due date.

Definitely! I lied to my office about my LMP with DD because I O'd CD28 and was afraid they'd try to induce me early, haha.

Susannah Elise arrived safely at 9.27 this morning, 7lbs 3oz 😍

Attachments

• IMG-20180525-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20180525-WA0036.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20180525-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20180525-WA0006.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 10
Holly how disappointing, so sorry - hope you can get in again very quickly & that your daughter is ok.

Massive congratulations squig!! Amazing news!!! She’s a sweetie. Hope you’re doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->