June jewels 2018!!!!

Oh wow squidge! How exciting, congratulations on your beautiful little girl xxxxx

....could plan to do some stuff with my daughter next week as its half term so she's not at school. I'm having worries about whether I'll have the instant connection with my second baby and how life is going to be when I get home.
Suddenly everything seems like a massive change

Oh yes, me!!! :winkwink: I could have written that post!! Alistair's last day of Kindergarten was Weds and I'm like 'OMG I just have this weekend to have it be just the two of us!' and cue panic and emotions!!!

Definitely worried about if I'll an instant connection with this baby. I think it's common for second time moms to worry about?!?! From what my friends say. And TBH it took me a few weeks to bond with Alistair after such a traumatic birth. I was so focused on my terrible recovery that my DH bonded with him much sooner than I did. So I am prepared for that if I have another rough recovery, this time from a the C-Section

I’m also worried about adjusting to having a newborn. I’m worried I won’t like the baby - DH keeps telling me that’s ridiculous, but I thought I would enjoy pregnancy (HA), and that didn’t happen so now I’m worried about being a mom.

AFM, went to the midwife today and found out she doesn’t let pregnancies go past 10 days overdue
Although has anyone else heard births often coincide with the full moon? I thought it was a load of hooey but apparently it’s true, and the next one is Tuesday night so I’m hoping maybe the baby will come then :haha:

I felt the same with my DS and feel the same with this baby! I think it's normal mom emotions.
10 days over sounds reasonable to me. I wouldn't want to go much over that haha! For lots of reasons. I bet you will have your LO by then.

I THOUGHT of the full moon thing and looked it up!! I was hoping it was Sunday instead of Tuesday as Tuesday is too late as I'll have had my C-Section! Haha.

Susannah Elise arrived safely at 9.27 this morning, 7lbs 3oz 😍

Awwww Squig congrats lady!! She is GORGEOUS and I LOVE her name. Look at those cheeks. Well done mama. How was the C-Section?!?! You seem so calm about it and I'm freaking out haha.

Awe congratulations. These babies are rolling in now

They really are! Not mine haha. I swear I feel further from labor than I did a month ago. Now that Baby is not transverse I'm not in any pain. Other than looking gigantic I feel super normal. :dohh: Well, I'm not sleeping well still but I have ZERO labor signs.

Baby has basically 48 hours to come on her own or else I'll be showing up for my C-Section. I'm just trying to trust that God and the universe and my baby know what's best and if she doesn't come on her own, the C-Section is meant to be.

Another part of me wants to run away Monday morning and not show up for my surgery. :nope: :dohh: I'd have to run away because my DH and my babysitter will be here and they won't let me just change my mind. :blush:

Ah wow congratulations squig shes absolutely beautiful! Glad shes here safe and love her name!!

Allie how exciting the end is in sight!!!

Sander my dating scan moved me forward by 3 days to what i worked out so im trying not to think im three days behind where they have put me as it depresses me too much lol

Pg i feel exactly the same, as much as i want baby out im a bit scared, im worried how dd will feel not getting all the attention and how ill feel not being able to give her all the attention. I cant imagine being able to love something as much as i do my dd and im hoping that because i cant give him my undivided time that ill still have the same bond.
I flit between wanting baby here now and wanting him to stay in longer so i can have some more mummy daughter time.

Allie, my section went very smoothly. I know you're freaking out about the idea, but I've had 2 very positive experiences. Also safest for my babies, which really helps to influence your frame of mind 😉

Ugh, acid reflux is evil. I was just nearly sick!
I feel like I keep getting some symptoms of labour and then they just go again.
I'm glad I'm not alone feeling so nervous suddenly. I guess big change is just generally scary. I'm hoping to get some time with my dd, even if I can't do a huge amount of playing with her due to my size.

I know it's scary allie, I would be scared too but lots of c sections go very well. My best friend at work tore the same as you with her second. She had a c section with her first and said if she knew what would happen second time round she would have gone for a section again as the recovery was much easier.

Sander my dating scan moved me back about 4 days which I knew it should as I knew when I ovulated. They still have on my hospital records that I'm 4 days behind but my Midwife said she'll go with my dating scan incase I go over, which I'm very glad about.

Yay squig congrats!!

Sander I’ll be honest it took me a good 7 months to bond with my dd. Breastfeeding was an absolute nightmare with her and she was an extremely difficult baby all around, she hated to be held/snuggled so it was near impossible to have any connection with her until she was crawling and a bit happier. But now she’s my little bestie! I was heartbroken I didnt have that “instant love” feeling and felt robbed of what I had always dreamed of, but I love her so deeply now and she’ll never know that we didnt click right away. So even if you do have a hard time bonding, it’ll get better!!

Congrats Squig on your your sweet girl :)

I always O late, with DS CD31 and this time CD21. So I used my ovulation to figure out my due date. What is bizarre is that DS was 2w2d early and his birthday would have been my due date had we gone by my LMP. So I keep saying this one will be June 8th vs June 15th which is my due date based on O. I want one more week. Baby is welcome to come June 1st or later. My doc will be out of town Sun - Thurs, so I don’t want baby to come while he is gone.
My pubic bone pain was soooo bad today. I started having hot flashes because it was so painful walking through the store. I even had my friend go with me with her toddler as it’s been hard to go with DS by myself, but it was still a nightmare. I think he is acting up because he knows his life will change. He insisted on pushing his grocery cart on his knees etc. Just constantly stuff like that. I was squatting to look at sth at the bottom shelf and he climb on my knee which I asked him not to, but he didn’t listen and I gave up. Well I eventually lost my balance and we both fell backwards. I was so mad. I didn’t get half the stuff I needed to get. I told DH I can’t take him anymore until after the baby comes and I can physically handle him better. Annoying thing is he doesnt act like that with DH, probably because he works all week and DS doesn’t see him all day long.
I just need this next week to be over. Done complaining :)

Mom15, our kids are right about the same age and DD has been just awful recently too, right down to being so much better for DH than me. It’s so frustrating when they just won’t listen. No advice but sympathy.

I think it's just big changes in general, for us and our kids. Alistair has been much better thank goodness but it took him a good few weeks of acting out before he seemed to work it out somehow. And he is old enough to use SOME logic (I think) and not just sensing the change.

I am getting more BH tonight and it honestly got me excited for a minute. I even downloaded a contraction timer as they were hurting a bit and coming regularly. Then of course they stopped. :dohh: I would love labor to start in the next 24 hours please and thank you lol. I had to stop my supplements and tea due to surgery but I am still eating dates, stimulating my nipples, bouncing on birth ball, etc. You never know ha.

I'm feeling way more at peace since earlier today. I think I just needed a wee freakout. I know women have C Sections every day, and most are perfectly fine, and my OB is a pro, and I am irrational if I keep thinking I'd rather have bowel issues for life than one surgery. :dohh: But I have a real anxiety disorder I'm on medication for and everything and it just makes everything seems HUGE. TBH I almost didn't show up for my induction with Alistair 6 years ago, I absolutely had a crying fit and a huge huff and poor Alex had to practically drag me and that was WITH a medical concern for the induction. So you know, I can be a bit crazy lol.

Thank you curious and Alli! I just hope he settles down once he knows what it’s like to have a sibling.

Don't worry allie, we're all a little crazy especially in pregnancy :haha:
Its good that you know you worry and are anxious so you are already on medication for it and can be prepared.

Im back awake again in the middle of the night, feeling a bit sick but there's a thunderstorm going on so I'm enjoying that. I've had really bad wind today. Its been a week so far of feeling off so I hope I don't go overdue as I'm not enjoying night time queasy, cramps, diarrhea and hip pain!

I’m sorry your not feeling well PG!

It’s funny how I look at you ladies’ tickers that read 38+ weeks and think I will never make it that long. Hope that thought doesn’t come to bite me in the butt. Lol. With DS I just wasn’t ready, had no signs of labor and when my water broke he was there 4h later. It was too fast for me mentally. So I keep thinking this one will trick me again.

Uh iv just totally had enough now, im so uncomfortable and cant sleep as pg im suffered the same cramps and aches and so freaking hot at night. I really wanted to make this half term really fun for dd but think im going to struggle because just so uncomfortable and tired and fat! This baby just needs to get out now!

Lol is anyone else getting discouraged by the size of fruits the babies are getting? Half my apps say pumpkin and the others say watermelon - yikes!! :haha:

Had to go to the doctor Tuesday because of high blood pressure, had to do a 24 hr urine and when I got the results Wednesday they sent me to the hospital due to elevated protein levels plus a headache I had had since Sunday.
Got to the hospital and had to do another 24 hr urine. They were going to let me go home Thursday, but the headache was still there despite the meds. They kept me overnight again, gave me stronger pain meds, and the headache was still there.
The doctor came in to see me Friday morning, he diagnosed me with pre-e again and said since my blood pressure is okay he was sending me home with pain meds to try to get the headache to go away, but told me that if it hadn't gone away by Monday I was to come back to the hospital. They will be delivering at 37 weeks if all stays okay and will be doing twice weekly NST's and an ultrasound to see how big baby is.
They gave me shots for his lungs just in case he has to be born early.

Eppgirl - I hope your headache eases off. It sounds awful what you are dealing with!

Good luck eppgirl! At least you are as prepared as possible.

Holly, what's the update with you?

Allie, what time are you going in tomorrow if you don't go on your own today?

Sander - I don’t have a fruit ticker, but my lady bug is running out of flowers. Lol

Oh and I had pea size mucus on my liner that was kind of stretchy. Please don’t come yet baby. With DS I had the same but a bit bigger starting two days before he was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->