June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Hi ladies, hope you are all well. I've been a bit away with the fairies lately and have not been on here for a while! Christmas and work and life have got in the way :) Anyway, I FINALLY got my NT scan today at 13+5 - I feel like I've been waiting forever! Baby was not being cooperative and they couldn't take a good NT measurement - he (or she) was in the wrong position and wouldn't turn over despite them asking me to jump up and down and do all sorts of things to get him to move! So I have to go back tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to take the measurement then. They did check for everything else - baby is measuring right on track and it was amazing seeing all the little bones, heartbeat, stomach etc! Heart rate was about 145 bpm.

I didn't used to like the 3D/4D scans - but that was until I got one! Here is my 3D/4D (whichever one it is) from today. Covering his little eyes like he's being shy of the camera :cloud9:

OMG how did I miss this pic, its sooo cute! It actually looks like a little person, my normal scan makes it look like a wee alien :haha:

Congrats on all the blue bumps! I see mine on 17th Jan, cant wait!

Also quite lucky as I have my 16 week appointment on the 27th December (clinic is usually on a Tuesday, Xmas day, but MW changed the day for that week, otherwise it would have been 18 weeks before I saw her). It means that OH and Logan could get to hear the heartbeat! :happydance:

Have any of you decided when you are going to finish up work? I'm thinking 37weeks and 3 days which would be last day of work on Friday 31st May.

Im plannimg on keeping my holidays so i can finish before 37 weeks. i get 4 weeks holiday so techinaclly i could finish at 33 weeks. X

I'm a SAHM so I don't finish work!
Last time I was so convinced that I was going to go overdue that my maternity leave started at 40+1... But I had DS at 39+4. Oops! Luckily (in that respect) I was signed off sick at 38 weeks!

Congrats on the boys ladies!! I can't believe some of us are already finding out gender - it's so amazing. It seems like only yesterday we were 6 weeks.

My due date is 12th June, and I'm planning on working up until 24th May (need the money!). I would so love to finish earlier, but don't think it will happen as I would rather work the extra time and save more so I can have longer on maternity leave. Let's hope the wee bub doesn't come early so I can have a couple of weeks to myself before he/she comes along :)

One thing I've been quite worried about is how cold my house is in Winter (June is Winter here), and I finally got the courage today to ask the landlord for some heating, and he said yes - he will put some heating in for us in March!! Sooo happy that me and my bubba will be able to stay warm. :happydance:

Congrats on the boys!

I'm in the same boat as Logan's Mum - I don't get time off my job as a SAHM :haha:

My maternity leave starts on my due date (3 June) but im taking a few weeks leave before so will be finishing at the end of April. I plan to take 9 months off.

Congrats on all the boys!!

Totally spaced and forgot to update when I had my scan two weeks ago my due date got moved to July 2nd. Still hanging around stalking the board though :)

Congrats on team blue to those who found out. That's so exciting. It's awesome when people get to find out so early. I'm impatient and debating on booking a private gender scan and just paying for it :haha:

I am hoping to work up until 40 weeks, because I would rather extend my maternity leave with LO. I work at a desk job, so I am hoping that I can work up until I go in labor. I know that things don't always go as expected, but at least if I can TRY I will get 8 weeks or so with little one, instead of 6.

So many boys here already! I had an appointment yesterday and the doctor gave me a quick scan, said everything looked good and that he would say it's likely a boy, but what he thought was boy was actually the cord between its legs and he couldn't see anything lol. I still think a boy though and the doctor at my NT scan seemed quite confident it was a boy. My next appointment is mid January and I'll be 17 weeks, so if the baby cooperates I think we will be able to tell the gender for sure.

Wow, lotsa team blue going on here! :) Congrats on those who are able to find out early. I am so anxious :haha:

Anneliese- I hope you're able to find out at your 17 week scan. Mine hasn't been scheduled yet, I still have to schedule my NT scan. Hopefully we are able to book that when I go for my appointment tomorrow.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, been super busy.

Sorry for those who suffered losses. :hugs:

Congrats those who are team :blue:!

I had my 12wk checkup today. I didn't get a scan and probably won't have another til late Jan/early Feb. (which will be gender scan) nurse did use the Doppler and baby's hb was 151. I really wish I could get a private scan to find out gender sooner but the closet place is over an hr away and don't have the money with Christmas coming up. I am hoping/have the feeling this a boy and bless my dd heart, she thinks she is having a baby brother too, so I hope we are both right.

Yay for all the little boys!!! Congrats ladies!

We are staying team yellow :yellow: so won't know until June!

I am hoping to work to the end of May - we will see! I am looking forward to a year off for mat leave! Haven't decided if I will go back or not...

I hope I can work until the end of april... I'm a massage therapist so it's tough to work when you get bigger. If I can't work that long I won't qualify for mat leave pay :(

1 week until my ultrasound! I can't wait. 7 days is way too long! How can I wait so long!?

With my son I worked until 36weeks And it was so much better for me to be kept busy and have my mind on work rather than baby! It helped the time fly by! When I was off it was nice to have a rest and sort out the babies clothes and things but when I wasn't busy time kind of stood still!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->