June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

My mum and MIL have talked about a baby shower but as its not my first, I don't know if I should have one. Everyone wants to throw one for me (SIL is getting excited too) but I feel rude! I think i might say we can have a "no gifts expected" thing as it was only 2 years ago that I had DS and people bought lots then.

I know I'm getting a shower, but I dont know when. It will probably be 1-2 months before I'm due.

At first I didnt think I would get one if I had another little girl because my SIL said to me, "If you have another girl, there is no need to have a baby shower because you have everything already." I just looked at her with the nastiest look I could. So what if I have another girl, it's been 5yrs since my dd was born and this baby wouldnt fit in her clothes because my dd was born in Feb. and plus I gave a lot of my baby girl clothes to my other SIL because she is having a baby in about 4wks. So I have hardly anything left.

I agree loving all this talk of scans etc.

No baby shower for me as my group of friends only do for the firsts . There 4 out of 7 due in June/July so can't expect 2 of us to get showers too.

I won't be having a shower, it was only 18 months ago I had one for my baby girl and my friends bought me lots. I really don't need anything new, especially as I'm having another little girl :)

Ok, so I just had to go to the drugstore to do some post office stuff. And I walked out with a bag of Oreos, cheesy crackers, pop tarts (!?), Hershey's hugs and a chocolate milk.

Someone laugh with me please.

I don't need any big items, but I think I will be getting a "sprinkle"... People do small showers here a lot for second or more babies. Guests usually bring things like diapers, wipes, and any other small items that may be needed, and at any shower people are gonna bring baby some cute new clothes. :) My mother in law is talking about doing a joint shower for me and her daughter at our church. My sis in law is 5 weeks further along than me.

Ok, so I just had to go to the drugstore to do some post office stuff. And I walked out with a bag of Oreos, cheesy crackers, pop tarts (!?), Hershey's hugs and a chocolate milk.

Someone laugh with me please.

I am laughing with you because I have gone through both Oreo and Pop Tart cravings in the past few weeks!!

we have no baby items so we will have a babyshower. we went to one at my hubbies work today for one of the workers. and they all had to inform me they already have my hubbies baby shower planned out already as well. it was cuite. we will most likely have one though at our own house no matter if its a boy or a girl. since due at end of june time fram most likely will have it in April or May.

Anyone feel the baby from the outside yet? I didn't start feeling what I thought might be movement until about 17.5 weeks. For the past week or so I feel kicks and rolling for certain, and the past 2 or so days I swear I can feel it from the outside!! I feel like this is too early though, especially for having it being a first baby and having an anterior placenta. I wonder if I'm imagining this or can I really be feeling the baby from the outside

I haven't felt more than flutters yet... my placenta is completely anterior so acting like a big pillow when baby is kicking away. Our scan on Friday showed baby kicking like crazy but I couldn't feel it! Tech and doctor said I might have to wait a few weeks longer.. I can't wait though!

Anyone feel the baby from the outside yet? I didn't start feeling what I thought might be movement until about 17.5 weeks. For the past week or so I feel kicks and rolling for certain, and the past 2 or so days I swear I can feel it from the outside!! I feel like this is too early though, especially for having it being a first baby and having an anterior placenta. I wonder if I'm imagining this or can I really be feeling the baby from the outside

I can feel pressure and hard spots from the outside, especially if I lay on my back for a minute or so. But I'm still having a hard time distinguishing inside movements to be honest! I think it's sort of a bubbly or crawly feeling but that could still be gas. Who knows!

20 week scan this morning. Cant wait to see baby again :-D

We had our 19 week scan today. Was exhausting, we were there 3hrs as baby wasn't being cooperative. I got told to have the morning off work and come in the afternoon. I was called from work twice before 9.15am from work then when I called to say they needed us to stay my boss stated "Can't they reschedule for a later time?" Not, I hope everything is alright! Then called me whilst I was getting scanned a couple of times. glad I turned off my mobile! I was so upset about how my boss was treating me I later called in sick. I had to leave a message and she called back. My husband picked up I couldn't face her.
My husband & I had some quiet time together this afternoon and felt our bundle of joy for the first time@ 19wks!

Had my 20wk scan today! Very chilled out little bubba growing all nice and healthy in there! Can't believe I'm 20wks today!! This pregnancy is starting to feel like its flying by! Next milestone, 24wks!! We're team Yellow officially but after a potty shot I saw today when he was doing the ultrasound over the legs I'm pretty confident we're Team Girl! Only time (and giving birth) will tell though! :lol:

We can feel baby on the outside. My fiance first felt him at 18 weeks. And you can see my belly moving when baby does too. I'm already being kept awake by movements.

Good news about all the scans! Ttcnewb I'm sorry our boss wasn't more understanding, but glad it meant you spending time at home and feeling your LO!

I age am anterior placenta too and I've felt some kicks from the outside, more like my skin jumps up a bit, it's cool hey?

Hello all, hope your well! Glad to hear all scans are going well and congrats to those that found out they are team pink/blue!

Had a busy week here with DS :( first of all he had an abscess and was on anti biotics, he finished that course on Sunday and Tuesday morning he came out with a rash, took him to the walk in centre and they said he had a reaction to the amoxicillin because he had glandular fever at the same time as the abscess....took him drs today as its gotten worse and turns out he has Scarlett fever :( dr said its third case he has seen in past 15 years...poor little mite, he's covered head to toe in a rash and has tonsillitis aswell, he's mainly sleeping, feel so sorry for him. Been given a 10 day course of more antibiotics so no work or nursery for me and the little man for a while :( in just hoping that it won't mess with my maternity leave? Need to check with HR!

I'm absolutely exhausted with it all, little one is very happy swimming away in there tho and kicking/rolling around...OH felt him for the first time last night, it's crazy how pregnancy still amazes you even third time around, so special!

We've been talking names too which is very exciting, we have a short list of Ollie, Oscar, Alfie and Logan! Think we will wait to see what he looks like when he arrives.

X

aww, poor little man. Hope it gets better quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->