June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Think I lost a bit of plug today - I know it doesn't mean much but I was still excited to see.

Had a Dr. appointment yesterday. Doing yet another 24 hour urine sample... They are just keeping a close eye on my kidney function. She said due to the results of my last one (last week) not so good mixed with my blood pressure, they will want to induce for maternal reasons within the next 2 weeks or so. They will check my cervix next week and if it is starting to soften they might induce. If not, they want to push me one more week to give it a chance and because she said inducing if your body is not ready at all there is a chance of induction not working. I hate the idea of being induced for maternal reasons when Cubby isn't ready :(

Also, I had to get blood work done and it was the worst!!! I have no issue have blood taken - I have done it hundreds and hundreds of times because of my disease. So I sit down and another lady was getting done and it was a student and supervisor. Just hearing them talking and the questions and mistakes the student was making made me so nervous right off the start. I honestly don't care if there are students or residents or anything, but it was because of they conversation I was hearing. Then they came to me and the supervisor stepped away and the student proceeded. Since I'm on blood thinners, they have a hard time finding good veins in my arms so they have usually had to take it from my hand, which usually hurts a bit more. So she starts and misses the vein and is digging around and the supervisor comes back and freaks out because she used the wrong needle and the one she was using was way too big! So then I get even more tense. She ended up collapsing my vein! So then she starts teaching her how to do it and they start working on my other hand and had to dig around a bit and I just couldn't handle it. By the end I almost fainted. I think I was just so tense I wasn't getting oxygen to my brain and just slumped forward in my chair. They realized what was happening because I just couldn't even talk and got me water, told me to breathe and put ice on the back of my neck. When I felt ok they moved me to a bed and I stayed there for 30 minutes! It was awful!!

Anyways, we will see what next week brings. I hope my cervix starts softening but I hope they let me go a bit longer...might try to advocate for that, but I guess we will see how the results are for this 24 hour urine sample I'm doing now... if my kidneys are losing function, especially already having kidney disease, we might just have to go ahead and get Cubby out...

Oh Medzi that sounds horrendous! :hugs:
Hope your urine test results come back good enough that you can keep cooking Cubby for a couple more weeks at least. I don't like the idea of induction so I can imagine how you feel. Hopefully they'll let you go a while longer yet x

Aw Medzi, what an awful blood draw! I would have passed out! And although it sucks that you may have to induce, good that its not till past 37 weeks at least?? Sounds like it may be 38 weeks then? I know its not ideal though, so I hope you get your natural birth!

Thanks ladies - it was a rough day yesterday!

They will wait until 37 weeks at least and possibly 38 if they can :) So that is very good. I was being monitored even while TTC because I had to change medications and they always said the goal was 34 weeks so I'm happy we've have gotten further!

Update from me...

Ive got my section date for 6th june! So not too far away... so excited!!

For anyone that has had a growth scan at 35 weeks what did baby measure!? My boy is measuring 37+5 and 6lbs at 35+4! So im hoping he wont come early lol. X

Update from me...

Ive got my section date for 6th june! So not too far away... so excited!!

For anyone that has had a growth scan at 35 weeks what did baby measure!? My boy is measuring 37+5 and 6lbs at 35+4! So im hoping he wont come early lol. X

Exciting! I have had a growth scan - I have one big baby! I had an ultrasound on Monday and baby was over 7 pounds - so ahead! My belly measurements are also ahead. The doctors aren't worried and say they are estimates and it isn't anything way out of range, but a bigger baby. Which is actually great because I was at a high risk of a small baby because of my medical issues - so they seem to just be affecting me but baby Cubby is good. Plus, I'll likely deliver in the next 2 weeks so even though a bit earlier than my due date, Cubby will be a great size.

I had a growth scan yesterday and babies were measuring 5lb 9 and 5lb 13... Which is on track I think. Gonna be 6.5-7lb by the time they're here I think!

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and I'm hoping to hear Kiddo's gaining nicely still cuz I've still not gained anything in months! He seems to be lower down though, and I've been feeling more pressure lower down as well.

My doc keeps on talking about the GBS test, but if he mentions it tomorrow I'm going to ask if he can wait til my next appointment because I thought it's not much use before 36 weeks...

This is totally off topic but have any of you UK girls watched the series Spies of Warsaw? Looking for a show on my Apple TV to watch during my bored times and wondering if its any good.

Medzi that sounds awful :hugs:

Jadey at 33+5 jelly2 was estimated 4lb 8oz, but know JJ was a pound more than this at this gestation and was born 8lb 13oz

Cottleston - hope you come to a decision soon, can't be easy after having a particular date that Bert and Ernie were arriving.

Kelly - sorry never heard of that programme

I'm so pissed off right now. My doctor's secretary called me half an hour before my appointment to tell me not to come because his computer isn't working and he had to take it out of the office to be repaired.
I've been waiting for this bloody appointment all week and was looking forward to it.
It's also the ONLY reason I came into work today feeling as shitty as I'm feeling!

Anyone else experiencing painful pressure on pelvic bone?.....Makes walking difficult...

Yep, afraid so. Especially since twin 1 has gone head down, I have to walk hunched over for a few minutes before being able to stand up straight of the pressure gets too much.

Oh Yoshy - hopefully they can rebook you asap

They wouldn't let me rebook immediately. I'm still so pissed off about it. The secretary wasn't the one who's usually there when I go, and she was a real bitch about not being able to book it and having to call myself this afternoon to rebook.

It's so unacceptable that if they cancel my appointment they don't just reschedule it immediately! But there's nothing I can do.

So I woke up this morning with back ache / period cramps. Had a these on and off since sat so not too new. They do seem to tie in with what I think must be some plug loss (not pink or anything though). Had that again this morning. I also felt really sick and when I got back in bed and lay down I had a really sharp pain in my back. Not like anything I've had before.

I feel so clueless after being induced last time as to what is a sign of something and what is normal. I went from nothing to really strong contrations after the drip started.

Could it mean anything?

I have a mw app this afternoon which is the same one where pre e was picked up with my dd1 so i'm hoping for an all clear on that. I'll ask her then but it's not until this afternoon so thought i'd ask you ladies now x

Anyone else experiencing painful pressure on pelvic bone?.....Makes walking difficult...

In the supermarket yesterday I had so much pressure it was like my insides were going to fall out in the aisle!

Mummummum, its very difficult to know at this stage if its `labour`, but losing your plug and getting repetitive back pains are all good signs that your body is gearing up towards baby arriving. In regards to losing your plug this can happen many weeks or just hours before labour starts. Last pregnancy I don't even know when I lost my plug

Well MW app went well. BP is fine (miracle considering the week we've had!) and no sign of pre-e :happydance:

Baby is still head down and is now 4/5 relation to brim. I mentioned the back ache and cramps and she said it sounds like uterus is practising. When I was leaving she said to make an appointment for two weeks time but she'll see me at home if I've had the baby by then. She did also say that this baby looks like it will be bigger than my last. DD1 was 5lb 13 so that's not necessarily huge. Her head was on 98th centile though so the ring of fire can't get much hotter than that! :haha:

I don't know about anyone else but I'm done being pregnant now. This backache is becoming almost all day long instead of on and off. I can't sleep well, I can't bend over and getting out of the bath and off the sofa is getting harder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->