June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Full term with twins - that's great!

Last night baby was moving from side to side so much it hurt. Was so odd to see and feel my bump go into so many shapes. Never had anything like it with dd1. I expected to miss the kicking again this time but I won't if it's like that from now on!

Feeling really low about dh and his family right now. I know it could just be my hormones so I won't make any big decisions but this isn't how I wanted to spend the end of my last pregnancy. I just feel like if i'm by myself i can only let myself down iyknim? But I grew up with a weekend dad and I don't want that for my girls. Hopefully it will pass after baby is here. I can't wait to meet her now.

Oh lord, DTD last night and was up from 11-2 with the worst contractions I've had yet. They were awful!! I've only had 1 or 2 painful ones before.

Nothing this morning but feeling some pressure in my bum.

DTD apparently really works to get things going, I thought it only softened your cervix??

Dtd and O releases labour inducing hormones too (only if you are ready to go into
Labour) and your Dhs boys help soften the cervix

Mummummum - hope you manage to work things out with dh

I really haven't been getting the extreme pains that I had with JJ which makes me think I will go overdue as went 12 days with him.

Kelly - just have to say I'm jealous. No action here since February :( DH just doesn't seem into it even though he tells me I look beautiful and he loves my bump. Makes me sad and I don't know how to bring it up to him (as it has been an issue in the past...). I'm just tired of talking about it now.

Medzi at our labour and delivery class the nurses recommended DTD to help get labour going! Have you guys been to a class yet?

It has never even crossed my DHs mind that preggo sex is weird. But he never had a problem with DTD on my period either so maybe he is just an anomaly :). I'm the one with no sex drive :(.

We were registered for a class, but because DH travels for work so much, we registered for an expressed weekend (2 Saturdays, 8 hours each). Because of my bed rest, my doctor said I should withdrawal because those days would be too long for me :( They still gave us all of the materials though and have been great with our questions even though we couldn't go. But no mention of sex in the materials...

My DH actually has ADD. So a lot of times he gets really focused on one thing and sadly, that is usually his work and not usually me. So times go by where I just feel non-existant. I know it isn't his fault but it still makes it really hard to keep bringing it up...I just feeling like I am nagging all the time and I know most of the time he doesn't even notice. I bet he has no idea it has been that long... I think he might be worried too, just because of my modified bed rest and blood pressure - even though doctor hasn't said anything about not doing anything..

Hopefully after things get more back to normal.

We were registered for a class, but because DH travels for work so much, we registered for an expressed weekend (2 Saturdays, 8 hours each). Because of my bed rest, my doctor said I should withdrawal because those days would be too long for me :( They still gave us all of the materials though and have been great with our questions even though we couldn't go. But no mention of sex in the materials...

My DH actually has ADD. So a lot of times he gets really focused on one thing and sadly, that is usually his work and not usually me. So times go by where I just feel non-existant. I know it isn't his fault but it still makes it really hard to keep bringing it up...I just feeling like I am nagging all the time and I know most of the time he doesn't even notice. I bet he has no idea it has been that long... I think he might be worried too, just because of my modified bed rest and blood pressure - even though doctor hasn't said anything about not doing anything..

Hopefully after things get more back to normal.

I can see how the medical problems would be a caution... I even feel a little apprehensive with normal BP etc. I wasn't too keen on it while I was still working just in case it did cause something to happen!! Now I figure if I go into early labour she'll be ok so I don't worry as much.

Is your hubby on any meds for ADD?

Yeah, he is. They help so much...but sometimes it is still a struggle :)

We've not dtd for ages, prob 3 months. I've been in the mood now and then but not enough to have sex so I've usually just sorted myself out!

OH finds it a bit odd as baby is so active when we are in bed. I feel a bit the same, getting movements and being sexy at the same time is weird for me :) OH didn't help the other week though when I have him a BJ and after he said "hope you weren't listening Son!" He got a slap for that, laughed my head off!

I can't wait to have a sex life again.

Just out of interest I'm getting a lot of period type pain and a lot of pressure low down. Also has a few sharper pains low down today, is this quite normal at my stage? I'll discuss with midwife on Wednesday but any heads up would be good. I keep thinking this baby is going to come early because its not the right time yet. Move house this week, want to get in there and have a week or two at least to rest. I'll be wishing I'd not said that if I go overdue in a few weeks won't I!

Extra pain and pressure is normal at this stage yeah... The sharper pains could be baby starting to engage. Your midwife should be able to reassure you but if you have any doubts in the meantime it's probably best to get checked, even if you just call for a reassuring chat Ti a midwife.

Just out of interest I'm getting a lot of period type pain and a lot of pressure low down. Also has a few sharper pains low down today, is this quite normal at my stage? I'll discuss with midwife on Wednesday but any heads up would be good. I keep thinking this baby is going to come early because its not the right time yet. Move house this week, want to get in there and have a week or two at least to rest. I'll be wishing I'd not said that if I go overdue in a few weeks won't I!

I've been feeling those pains the past few days too - not sure if it means anything! Hopefully baby waits a bit longer for you!

Extra pain and pressure is normal at this stage yeah... The sharper pains could be baby starting to engage. Your midwife should be able to reassure you but if you have any doubts in the meantime it's probably best to get checked, even if you just call for a reassuring chat Ti a midwife.

Thanks, I am a little worried I've been doing too much with the packing but how much is too much when at the time you feel ok.

I'll discuss on Wednesday with midwife.

I've been feeling those pains the past few days too - not sure if it means anything! Hopefully baby waits a bit longer for you!

Sounds fairly standard then, so long as baby is fine and staying put a bit longer that's ok. Once this week is over I'm hoping to relax a but more.

It's a weird feeling isn't it, the psin was a new one for me, I'm getting BH's fairly regularly but no pain so this was different.

Whoop! Enjoy your last week..... More to the point, enjoy Friday!!

Seeing the consultant in a couple of hours. DH wants us to fight for bringing the c section forward a few days. I was originally agreeing with him but as its only 9 days now it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Yay for your last monday! I don't know where I found the energy to go to work. I feel like I do what I need to to survive the day with my toddler and i'm lucky if I have an energy burst for some housework!

I am so uncomfortable twins at this point must be tough.

Today is 36+5 which was my first induction with dd1 so i'm only a few days away from unknown territory! I'm still hoping she doesn't stay in too much longer, i'm so ready to meet her and stop worrying about repeats of my last labour and staying free of pre e. I'm going to ask at my 38 wk app how far they'll let me go over, not sure if the pre e risk rises again then?

As for dh we had a proper talk yesterday and we're going to keep trying. He knows what he's done in the last few months and I think it has hit home that i'm not going to just let everything slide. Hoping for good news from some of his job apps this week and that we can find more for him to apply for. Big weight off my mind if he gets something. Then just the practicalities of when to start because of baby being due. He did have thr
ee weeks booked off.

My bags are now in the car and I've been adding extras to them to the point where the bag won't shut! I have packed an old portable dvd player though in case I have to stay so I don't have to pay for the hospital tv. Hopefully they'll be a single room available (which you have to pay for) and then I will feel much more relaxed about being away from home. I hated the shared ward. So hard to get any rest and didn't like leaving baby to go to the loo etc. Even asking any questions was awkward because everyone could hear.

Consultant appointment was a waste of time. The consultant was there but sent someone else to see me. I'm clearly not worth his time. Even when the registrar spoke to him to review my section date, he didn't bother coming to the room to see me.
My blood pressure is a little higher than normal and there's protein in my urine but they're not fussed about that either. Bit disappointed in his today turned out really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->