June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

i get crampy too and try not to panic but it does put me off a bit.

had the call from ofsted today.they are in the next two days.totally stressed!

Anyone know how accurate early scans are for dating? I had a quick ultrasound today (was supposed to be a detailed one, but the referring doctor gave the wrong slip and so we didn't get a proper scan) and the doctor quickly checked for fetus, sac, heartbeat, etc. He said he saw a heartbeat and dated me at 6 weeks 2 days. I estimate myself to be about 6 weeks 6 days. Just paranoid about the baby being too small and not growing properly..

I have my first proper, prenatal appointment on Wednesday so hoping the doctor will give me a real ultrasound, but not certain it will happen.

i think dating scans can be anywhere upto 5 days give or take if i remember rightly! x

Anyone know how accurate early scans are for dating? I had a quick ultrasound today (was supposed to be a detailed one, but the referring doctor gave the wrong slip and so we didn't get a proper scan) and the doctor quickly checked for fetus, sac, heartbeat, etc. He said he saw a heartbeat and dated me at 6 weeks 2 days. I estimate myself to be about 6 weeks 6 days. Just paranoid about the baby being too small and not growing properly..

I have my first proper, prenatal appointment on Wednesday so hoping the doctor will give me a real ultrasound, but not certain it will happen.

My early scan I measured exactly right (well baby A measured right on track, baby B measured 2 days earlier) so for me it was extremely accurate but I ovulated on CD14 which is what all EDD are based off of so I was lucky

My dates put me at 7+4 (I would say anywhere between 7+3-7+5). I had my ultrasound today and the baby was dated 6+6. My dr said that their system could be 3 days off, so even with that it would put baby at 7+2. He also said that the sac is measuring even smaller. I am trying not to worry. I will be having another scan in three weeks to see how the growth of the sac is doing and if it is still lagging.

I had a scan last week at 6 weeks 6 days, but I was dated as 6 weeks 1 day. This early it's not very accurate, baby is so small it's easy for mistakes to be made. Mine only measured 4mm. Scans are more accurate around 12 weeks.

It's really weird all this talk of scans as I won't get one till 12 weeks I'm guessing unless anything goes wrong which I hope it won't xx

Thanks for the info ladies. He printed four photos for us and on one it dates 6 weeks 2 days and another photo says 7 weeks 1 day, but I don't know if they're even measuring the same thing or what.

Angel, hopefully everything will be ok. I've heard lots of stories about doctors dating things smaller than what they should be, but why the next ultrasound or two they've grown to the size they're supposed to be. All babies grow at different rates too, so try to think positive!

smiffy: I had red spotting more than once and went to the hospital about a week and a half ago, so that's the reason for my scans. If I didn't have any bleeding I likely wouldn't have had any yet either

What foods has everyone been eating to get good nutrition, yet still stave off ms??

I'm pretty sure I won't get a scan for quite a few more weeks! Is it normal for all of you to get them so early or is there a reason??

It's really weird all this talk of scans as I won't get one till 12 weeks I'm guessing unless anything goes wrong which I hope it won't xx

I know here the norm is 12 weeks too - for the NT scan if you want it. I'm getting one at 9 weeks just because I've miscarried before and I'm high risk. It seems everywhere is so different!

I actually just had blood drawn today! The first time since I've found out even though I have already visited the doctor. I won't get my results until Friday. I HOPE my numbers are nice and high!

Fingers crossed for lovely high numbers medzi.
Has anyone else lost their appetite. I'm having to eat little and often because big meals are too much for me. I constantly feel full.

Jade how about being bump buddies and we can share this journey :)

You're pregnant? Omg!! So so happy for you. I knew you'd be in first tri again before long. Congratulations :wohoo:

Not too sure if you have read my previous post but I said how pleased I am for you as I know you were also waiting like myself for IVF. There is something so special about us conceiving naturally and here is to a H&H nine months ahead :happydance:

i had my first dr's appt last wednesday at 6+3 he gave me 3 ultrasound dates my first is wednesday for a dating scan, then another at 12 weeks and a 3rd at 19 weeks for anatomy scan :) everywhere is different but i couldnt imagine having to wait to 12 weeks i would go crazy!!

I spoke to my midwife today and because of mu history she is going to book me in for an 8 week scan. I have my first appt with her next Tuesday and I see my GP on this Thursday. I ma going to ask for my progesterone to be checked as there are such things as pessaries of it is low.....anything ti ensure baby sticks!!

Fingers crossed for lovely high numbers medzi.
Has anyone else lost their appetite. I'm having to eat little and often because big meals are too much for me. I constantly feel full.

Thanks :) And yes - loss of appetite for me too. If I do eat, I'm full after 3 bites (most of the time...sometimes in the evening I am able to eat more). Thinking about food makes me feel icky. It is especially tough in the morning.

I can't drink coffee anymore :coffee: It upset my stomach. Crackers and fruits are my favorite food right now.

yes! i feel like i always have a cracker in my mouth but no real meals! just a few bites and i feel sick

Saltines are a life saver right now to be honest. Whatever I'm making for DHs dinner I only have a few nibbles of. Lunches for work are troubling me, what to take??

What foods has everyone been eating to get good nutrition, yet still stave off ms??

I'm pretty sure I won't get a scan for quite a few more weeks! Is it normal for all of you to get them so early or is there a reason??

Hi Kelly - I think it depends on what country you live in, etc. Here in the states I know that lots of my friends had a first scan at 8 weeks, but I requested one at 6 weeks so that I can see/hear the heartbeat. 12 weeks??? I could never wait that long, yikes!!! Why would they torture you like that in Canada???? :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->