June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

cautiously raising my hand to say hello :flower:

Just found out we are expecting our first after trying for a year and a half. I caught with my little june bug on my 5th and final round of clomid :happydance: I will be due on the 29th of June

Last time I made it on to these boards was in April this year and would have been expecting a christmas bean on the 23rd of December but I lost it at 5 weeks. I am super anxious this time but I hope we can get through it.

Congrats to all those also having little June Bugs! :cloud9:

Congrats Meadowlark! :happydance:

Well I got some good news today - my Mum's Doctor is one of the few Doctors in Auckland (where I live) who acts as both a midwife and a GP. She hasn't been taking on new patients for quite a few years, but my Mum sneakily asked if she would take me on as a midwife patient and.... she said yes!! So now I have a midwife who is also a Doctor/GP!!! I feel so so blessed. I had been stressing a bit about whether I would get a good midwife or not, and now I have the best of the lot!! :happydance: My first appointment is tomorrow :)

Jade how about being bump buddies and we can share this journey :)

Yeah!! Sorry, first timer alert - what does that entail exactly? Whatever it is, I'm in :) :flow:

We just 'hold each others hands' lol I have added you to my friends list and you should have recieved an invitation to also add me (if you want to that is)! You are also on my signature list as BumpBuddy. It can be good to share this journey especially living in the same country and having the same experiences :thumbup:

Glad to see you have sorted out a Midwife/GP that is awesome. Do you have an appt booked with her yet? I see my GP on Thursday and my midwife next Tuesday, she also mentioned a scan when I am 8 weeks which is only 2.5 weeks away a little nervous to say the least :wacko:

Gosh I can' tbelieve we're at the end of June for EDD's! and that some July EDD's are starting to pop up in 1st tri!! That's gone FAST!

Got my glucose fasting blood results back today, all within normal range so no need for the full 2hr GTT thank goodness!! Clearly I should not be eating cake before going to the Dr's! :lol:

Also have to go back and have a follow up scan next Friday to just make sure everythings okay after getting no heartbeat last week at 6+1. bit disappointed as was planning to go back this Friday but now have to wait another full week!!!

Does anyone know if lemsip is ok to take? Im full of a stinking cold!

Thanks for the info ladies. He printed four photos for us and on one it dates 6 weeks 2 days and another photo says 7 weeks 1 day, but I don't know if they're even measuring the same thing or what.

Angel, hopefully everything will be ok. I've heard lots of stories about doctors dating things smaller than what they should be, but why the next ultrasound or two they've grown to the size they're supposed to be. All babies grow at different rates too, so try to think positive!

smiffy: I had red spotting more than once and went to the hospital about a week and a half ago, so that's the reason for my scans. If I didn't have any bleeding I likely wouldn't have had any yet either

Hope everything is ok now hun?!

Lemsip only has paracetemol in it hasn't it? Does it say on the box if you can?! Not sure i think is what I am trying to say!

Tentatively trying some orange juice right now as I wanted something sweet however it usually gives me indigestion but I really fancied some. Also been really naughty this morning and had a mc d's breakfast.....lol! It really helped my ms hehehe!

Fingers crossed for lovely high numbers medzi.
Has anyone else lost their appetite. I'm having to eat little and often because big meals are too much for me. I constantly feel full.

Lately I haven't really had an appetite, but I still feel hungry, if that makes any sense?? It's like my body knows it's hungry, but I have no desire to eat/nothing sounds good. When I do eat though I prefer to eat something light like fruit or a simple sandwich or something

Argh has anyone else got this really strange horrible horrible taste in their mouth?! Its really getting me down :(

x

What kind of taste? A metallic taste is apparently quite normal... but it seems I'm not normal because with both pregnancies now, one of my early symptoms has been an oily taste right at the back of my mouth/throat that just doesnt go away with food and drink. Luckily it's passed now but I had it at around 5.5 weeks for about four days and hated it.

I've been almost symptom free for the past three days. Apart from aversions to all meat except chicken and extreme hunger even when I shouldn't be hungry. Making the most of it while it lasts!

Anyone weighed themselves yet? I've put on 2-3lb so far. Not sure if thats good or bad lol

It's like when your hungover or ill and nothing tastes right and you have abit of a cotton mouth but the taste in my mouth is more like when you wake up before you brush your teeth but its constant, no matter how many times I brush my teeth!

The only thing that gets rid of the taste is mints or gum but chewing gum is making me feel sick and I don't want to eat mints all the time!

I tried mouth wash and it did nothing! Might try change toothpaste

X

Oh and re weight, think I've probably put 1-2lb on so far...I've noticed I've thickened out around the waist

X

i am not weighing myself in this pregnancy lol my trousers are already getting tight! So i shall stay away from my scales! last two pregnancies i put on 2st so im hoping ill be the same this time! Ill weigh myself once ive given birth lol!

I'm only keeping an eye on my weight because I'm already a huge chunk lol and I put on 4st with Toby and really can't do that again.

Lol I'm a chunky monkey too. Was trying to lose weight when we found out about sproglet and it was.the same with Toby too. It seemed to be that I lose a bit of weight and my body goes right time to be pregnant now hehe. Is lost weight when I was weighed last wk. Just waiting to see the midwife now wk guessing she will weigh me as its my first appt. Feel chubbier already but think its baby bloat plus I saw on this or another thread that your uterus warms up for the 2nd as it had muscle memory from before. I already look about 4 months I reckon lol!!

What kind of taste? A metallic taste is apparently quite normal... but it seems I'm not normal because with both pregnancies now, one of my early symptoms has been an oily taste right at the back of my mouth/throat that just doesnt go away with food and drink. Luckily it's passed now but I had it at around 5.5 weeks for about four days and hated it.

I've been almost symptom free for the past three days. Apart from aversions to all meat except chicken and extreme hunger even when I shouldn't be hungry. Making the most of it while it lasts!

Anyone weighed themselves yet? I've put on 2-3lb so far. Not sure if thats good or bad lol

I also have been feeling less symptoms the last few days which has been making me a little anxious (I know they can waiver but still). I have been crazy hungry and just a little tired. Nothing amazing.

Ugh I've put on like 5lbs :-( I like to attribute that to the fact that I am carrying twins and I haven't had any morning sickness. Just hunger!

feeling very bloated here too. I think i look around 4 months gone with the bloat i have. Im sat in work with my trousers undone under the desk lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->