June & July 2020 Pearls & Rubies!

I feel everyone on the being robbed thing. This is my first and I feel like there are so many things I haven't been able to do that I should be enjoying for my first. I don't get to go out baby shopping, I don't get to take a birthing class, I might not get to have a baby shower, I might not even get to have my boyfriend in the delivery room. And living situation has meant so much shuffling things around over and over before I can set up the baby room. It's really disappointing, I feel like this whole pregnancy has just been stress and I haven't been able to enjoy anything about it

@Proserpina I hope you manage to pull a few more weeks with the hypertension, the shower sounds nice though! Made me want cake...
Daughter failed her NST on Monday (I was 35 + 2) so they sent me to L&D for more monitoring and tests. The doctor put an IV in me and said she was "leaning" towards induction. I freaked a little; too soon! And I know that if they IV you, they don't plan on you leaving.

Thankfully they sent me for one more test, and daughter passed with flying colors, so they discharged me. Doc even apologized for putting the IV in me.

I am being induced 5/17, if I make it that far. I'll be 37+1. Due to the hospital's ridiculous, unethical "one visitor" policy, my husband won't be there, only my doula. :-\ But we don't have family in the area and aren't sure we can get someone to watch the kids with COVID-19 going on anyhow.

Nursery is done and virtual baby shower is tomorrow! I'll post pictures soon.

I feel everyone on the being robbed thing. This is my first and I feel like there are so many things I haven't been able to do that I should be enjoying for my first. I don't get to go out baby shopping, I don't get to take a birthing class, I might not get to have a baby shower, I might not even get to have my boyfriend in the delivery room. And living situation has meant so much shuffling things around over and over before I can set up the baby room. It's really disappointing, I feel like this whole pregnancy has just been stress and I haven't been able to enjoy anything about it
((hugs))

My first and second pregnancies sucked for other reasons (poor, impoverished, married to a sociopath). I thought this was going to be my first and only "good" one.

The silver lining for me (as someone with a history background) is that this is a truly unprecedented time to give birth. The first real far-reaching global pandemic since 1918 (yes, there were other smaller ones, but none with this kind of impact). It sucks to be going through it, but if we make it to old age, we'll be the ones with stories to tell, rolling our eyes at the young people with their baby showers and unlimited hospital visitors and ability to go to social functions while pregnant, not knowing how easy they have it. It's not a great silver lining, but it helps me a bit.

https://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r723/heathermb1987/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1589050174929_zpssmj1eo44.jpg
https://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r723/heathermb1987/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1589050177863_zpsxzedz88f.jpg
Was finally able to do our ultrasound today!!! Love her cute little face!!!!

It’s getting so hard to justify working. My facility is now covid positive (7 cases) with about 9 under investigation, it’s scary and they even made us all get tested and thankfully I was negative right now. I love being a nurse but who would have known things would get like this. I just want to be certain I remain negative because I’m scared about getting it especially just prior to her arrival. Idk what to do anymore. Baby girl is doing good though although breech last check, we shall see Monday where she is.

Luckily now they say mom can still room with baby, even if she is covid positive. I too am a nurse, but my company doesn't give covid patients to pregnant ladies.

@Proserpina good to hear you could go home and didn't have to get induced! The 17th is just around the corner, so excited for you, you are finally going to meet the little one!

@Heather.1987 beautiful scan! She looks so sweet.

@W8tingforbaby you are amazing for going on working, but take care! I am still away from work and won't go back to the ER until after the birth. We have less cases of COVID now but still too risky and there's enough personnel at the moment so I'm home...

This virus has brought the ugly out in so many of my coworkers, it’s sad. We all knew this day was coming but there are so many refusing to work on the units with positives or people under investigation, it’s sad. I have not refused anything although they have been amazing at keeping me away from it all so far but clearly when we are short it doesn’t matter and there are people capable of working those units getting away with not having too. So frustrating, I’m just praying I don’t get it, I never want to be tested again either if possible because that test sucks.
I can’t believe I’ll be 32 weeks tomorrow, can’t wait to have her in my arms.

@Proserpina, it’s good you get to bake the baby a little longer... I think you would be the first to have your baby from this group... how exciting!!!!

@W8tingforbaby , you guys do amazing work everyday!!! Especially being pregnant, it must be tough... hopefully you stay clear of the virus stay healthy!!!

I'm back from a scan and so relieved to have seen baby turned head down and everything looks good. She's quite a big one, already 2.2kg and she still has 2 months to go so expected to be around 4kg at birth.
I'm so glad we are still on with the plan for a home birth!

Had my 32 week appointment today and baby is head down! She also gave me a note to not work with positive or suspected cases so now I’m covered and if it gets worse at my job she will pull me out but the plan is to pull me out at 35/36 weeks. Also signed papers to have my tubes tied, this is out last baby and it’s hard to believe how fast it’s all going and she will be here soon.

Had my 32 week appointment today and baby is head down! She also gave me a note to not work with positive or suspected cases so now I’m covered and if it gets worse at my job she will pull me out but the plan is to pull me out at 35/36 weeks. Also signed papers to have my tubes tied, this is out last baby and it’s hard to believe how fast it’s all going and she will be here soon.

I'm so glad you got a note, and to know you are taking care of yourself.
How does it work with tying your tubes? Do you plan on doing the procedure right after the birth? It must be a special feeling, knowing it's your last one.

@w8ingforbaby, are you having a C-section? Is that how you are also able to tie the tube? This is also my last one and not sure if I have an option to tie the tube right at birth.. I should talk to my OB about it...

Also, can the OB/Midwife tell the baby's head is down by feeling the tummy? or did you guys get a scan?

I have my OB appointment this week and anxious to find out about baby's position... she's been transverse almost the whole pregnancy...

@w8ingforbaby, are you having a C-section? Is that how you are also able to tie the tube? This is also my last one and not sure if I have an option to tie the tube right at birth.. I should talk to my OB about it...

Also, can the OB/Midwife tell the baby's head is down by feeling the tummy? or did you guys get a scan?

I have my OB appointment this week and anxious to find out about baby's position... she's been transverse almost the whole pregnancy...
I had a scan that showed baby was breech, then I started doing some positions from the website spinningbabies, and we could actually see (and feel) the baby turn inside my belly. Afterwards midwife wasn't sure about position so we got another scan and it was head down!

My ob won’t do it right after birth I have to wait 6 weeks and go as outpatient to have it done unfortunately but it will give me more time home with my little girl. I’ve had all my kids vaginally and this one should be no different but we have the paperwork done now incase I end up needing a cesarean for some reason otherwise they wouldn’t be able to do it.
As far as position she was able to feel and tell she was head down but did a quick peak in office with her little ultrasound and saw she was head down

@Proserpina, it’s good you get to bake the baby a little longer... I think you would be the first to have your baby from this group... how exciting!!!!

@Proserpina good to hear you could go home and didn't have to get induced! The 17th is just around the corner, so excited for you, you are finally going to meet the little one!
Yeah, I'm a little shocked we haven't had any preemie births. Think my June 2020 Facebook group had at least one 28-week preemie.

This group kind of turned into a late June plus July group though. I joined it thinking I had a due date in mid-June, then the scan pushed it back to early June. Now preeclampsia is pushing it back further.

Anyhow, I FB-live-streamed my virtual shower on Sunday. It went beautifully. I have one more decorative lamp arriving Friday and then baby's room is 100% set up and ready to go. Feels good to have it done.

Yeah, I'm a little shocked we haven't had any preemie births. Think my June 2020 Facebook group had at least one 28-week preemie.

This group kind of turned into a late June plus July group though. I joined it thinking I had a due date in mid-June, then the scan pushed it back to early June. Now preeclampsia is pushing it back further.

Anyhow, I FB-live-streamed my virtual shower on Sunday. It went beautifully. I have one more decorative lamp arriving Friday and then baby's room is 100% set up and ready to go. Feels good to have it done.

let's not jinx it... some of us still have a little more cooking to do.. :lol:

I've started to order stuff online and they are starting to arrive... I am not doing a baby room this time as I did it for the boys and they didn't sleep there till after 6 months... so I am not in a rush to get it done... just trying to think practical this time...

did you all start packing your hospital bag?? If not when do you plan on doing it?

I am planning to do it at 35 weeks...

Let's see some nursery pics!

Complete set of mine:

GKiApsk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member