June & July 2020 Pearls & Rubies!

Let's see some nursery pics!

Complete set of mine:

GKiApsk.jpg

what a beautiful nursery!! And love the name Lyra!!

I know I’ve not been the most active in this thread but we had an early arrival yesterday with a very hurried little lady :rofl: 6cm to in arms was 27 minutes....

View attachment 1081815
Congratulations, she is beautiful! (And I KNEW someone else would be first. :-D)

With my first kid, they put the epidural in at 4 cm and were like, "You're a first-time mom so you'll probably progress at 1 cm/hour." 15-20 minutes later I was feeling an overwhelming urge to go #2. I was a little worried about it because I was stuck in the bed and didn't want to poop in the bed. At 30 minutes a nurse came running in and was like, "What's going on in here?! Your baby's heartrate keeps dipping!" I'm not sure how she thought I would know what was going on, being a FTM and all, but I told her about the urge to poop. She lifted up the sheet, took one look, and said, "You're dilated to a 10 and your baby's head is crowning. That's why you feel like you need to poop."

The OB had just gotten back to her office. They had to call her back in and tell me not to push for a while. Daughter was born about an hour after they put the epidural in.

I'm gonna take the epidural at 4 cm again this time and hope I'm still that fast.

So, FedEx just delivered this pink-and-mint take-me-home outfit off my BuyBuy Baby registry. Notice anything that shouldn't be there? :lol::lol::lol: I'm dying.

Security_Tag.png

Thanks guys! Prosperna I know what you mean, when I was checked for 6cm I felt absolutely defeated and asked for an epidural because I felt like I couldn’t go on for however long if 6cm felt like this! But within minutes I felt my body start pushing by itself, I tried to fight it thinking that I was only 6cm so couldn’t push (my midwife had actually had to respond to an emergency with another mum so wasn’t in the room) by the time she came back head was basically out :rofl:

Yay congrats kitty! Beautiful baby! Its officially real people, it's about baby time for a lot of us!!!

Omg, I can really feel it being the final stretch.... the dreaded hemorrhoid is back... I’ve suffered from it at the end of my last two pregnancies and it’s flared up again and very painful... can’t even walk or sit properly.... I found this to be more painful than the healing of the birth.. anyone else suffering from it?? What are you doing to cope?

I have a small hemorrhoid that's pops out here and there. It is painful. I use Calmospetine to calm it and try it push it back in.

Hi everyone just looking for some opinions from those more than one child.
I’m 38+1 now so baby could come any day. Our son is 8 years old and the plan was always for him to go to my mums when the time comes for me and my husband to go to hospital. It’s simply not an option for him to stay home as I am far too anxious to deliver alone. I had asked my mum to strictly self isolate in preparation, this weekend she has broken that and taken my brother to his paternal families where he has stayed for 2 nights!
Our only other option is my husbands grandmother who is in her 70’s and I’d given her the same advice. She has also this weekend broken isolation and has had contact with other family members.
I am so so upset and frustrated by them both as we have no other choice! Which would people go with as neither are great choices right now? Feeling so annoyed to be in this position right at the end :-(

I am personally not concerned anymore. I dont plan on asking anyone to self isolate. Family is welcome to live their lives and I cant wait for them to meet her too as soon as she is here! We cant hide forever and ready to move on with our lives. But that's my opinion and family.

I am personally not concerned anymore. I dont plan on asking anyone to self isolate. Family is welcome to live their lives and I cant wait for them to meet her too as soon as she is here! We cant hide forever and ready to move on with our lives. But that's my opinion and family.
This. So many mums over here not letting their families visit until they have specific vaccinations too. Hand washing and stay away if sick is all I'm asking.

A few weeks ago this was exactly how I felt but I don’t know if it’s just as it’s come closer and I’m more anxious.
Are you in the UK?

We are in Switzerland and also somewhere in between not being concerned anymore and being cautious. My wife has severe asthma so we don't want her to get sick and miss the birth or me not being able to support her, but we are starting to meet people and to go outside more often. Once baby is born I think we will be more calm with the idea that you can't hide forever and we do need family's and friend's company and help.

I live in the states. We have many medical people on both sides of our families, including myself. So the potential for exposure is high, but so far weve all been good. I'm over it all. I want to go to the zoo and parks again. At some point 100% of us will be exposed anyways. Weve flattened the curve here is the states...so much the hospitals are empty.

Lyra was born last night 5/17/20 at 9:27 pm weighing 7 lbs 15 oz, induced at 37 + 1 due to preeclampsia. She has a surprising amount of pale blonde hair and blue eyes.

It was a healthy delivery and she had 9s on both Apgars, but Lyra was "early term" and born with immature lungs. She is in the NICU and expected to need 1-2 weeks of oxygen support there.

We are in love and hope to bring our little girl home soon. ❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->