June & July 2020 Pearls & Rubies!

@wanna_baby oh this sounds really annoying with your ob, especially since you are really far along. Is it too late to change? Is she going to attend your birth? When you do meet her, is she good?

@W8tingforbaby you are a hero for going on working, seriously. I feel proud of myself if I did more than 1 thing at a given day...

As for visitors after the birth I think we'll see if there's a second wave, but if not than we are really way beyond the peak here in Switzerland and we do want to meet people and share our joy with family and friends.

I went to my ob check up today and it was someone I didn't know because mine is on holiday. He was so nice and warm and everything looks just fine with baby, so it was really good. She's head down and already weighs about 2.8 kg. Getting ready!

I actually already switched from a midwive to this OB... She was not my first or 2nd choice... all the OBs are fully booked around my area... so she was the 3rd choice recommended by my family doc. Now, I am regretting even switching from the midwife in the first place... I am just going to stick to her as the due date is nearing... plus, she doesn't delivery the baby... who ever is working at the hospital at that time will deliver the baby.... I know, the system is weird here in Canada.... Just hoping for the best....

Oh and I just had my last ultrasound and Baby is measuring 1 week ahead, head down and already weighs 5lbs 12 ounces... so pleased to hear that... so she might be here at the end of June... getting excited to meet her!!!

How is everyone? We are 3 days over now and I am fed up!! Lots of on and off pains but nothing that lasts. Booked in for induction now Saturday morning if he’s not arrives before then, which I don’t think he will [-(

Tired... my first doesn’t like that Josie is on my lap all the time so now I have to juggle both... even when breastfeeding ](*,)

DB912E7D-6590-420A-90C1-CE5BCD3C5E72.jpeg

struggling to find a nursing bra. I’m now a 30HH (US 30L) and it’s nigh on impossible to find one that actually fits me/my shape. So I’m living braless at the moment but I can’t go out braless so I’ll have to find one soon!

Last edited:
I thought someone would have had the next baby in this group by now.. @bean85, hopefully he arrives on his own before Saturday... Are you doing anything to try to speed things up??

@kittykat7210 , you look great for someone with a newborn and a toddler.... have you tried amazon for nursing bras??

Last night, I thought the baby was going to punch out of my tummy... she was turning crazy flips and turns where my tummy actually hurt and I thought I was going to go into labor....
I am also suffering from insomnia.... can't seem to sleep more than 3 or 4 hours before I am woken by some pain or pee... guess it's a good practice for what's to come.. :)
I feel like baby is going to arrive sooner... should really get on that hospital bag this week...

how's everyone else feeling?

I’m not sure where in the UK you are Kitty Kat but I got some bras from Matalan today as they have re opened.

I have just been trying to stay active, been on the ball most days. We DTD last night thinking that may get things going. I’ve had pains today which have been more consistent than usual so maybe things are happening

@wanna_baby I'm only losing my mind with impatience a little bit, lol

I feel like there's still so much longer to go and so much to do and I can't work on any of it and have to just sit here bored day after day. It's making it all feel even longer.

I’m not sure where in the UK you are Kitty Kat but I got some bras from Matalan today as they have re opened.

I have just been trying to stay active, been on the ball most days. We DTD last night thinking that may get things going. I’ve had pains today which have been more consistent than usual so maybe things are happening

Unfortunately Matalan only start at a 32 band and only go up to DD in nursing and an F in normal so no chance getting a bra from there!

amazon don’t have my size either :rofl: even sister sizing to 32H they only have 8 bras, 6 of which go up too high in the middle (I have close set breasts) so wouldn’t fit, 1 is £60 and the other gets terrible reviews!

unfortunately I’m such an awkward size it proves difficult getting normal bras let alone nursing ones! I’ll find something eventually I hope!

F404C839-2EF8-413E-BE5A-D0BAC972F389.jpeg Friday is my last day at work and I can’t wait to be done. Trying to get through med pass and treatments is proving more and more difficult but only two more shifts to go!! Everything is so sore at this point and I have nothing ready, time to get going lol here is my 35 week photo

I've been cleaning my house like crazy and doing lots of ups and down the stairs in Hope's of getting things going.

I hope things start moving quickly for me soon, Friday is my next appointment and my husbands birthday. Then we are seeing family on Saturday. Monday is the start of my last week at work and I'll have to go in every day to train my replacement which will be so hard after getting used to working from home. Then next Friday is my last appointment and the day I will have to get tested for COVID before my induction on the 15th.

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!

Had my 36 week appointment today and I’m 1 cm and baby is low!! It’s getting real now lol, all these pains are doing there job and baby will be here before we know it. It’s bitter sweet though since it’s my last

Had my 36 week appointment today and I’m 1 cm and baby is low!! It’s getting real now lol, all these pains are doing there job and baby will be here before we know it. It’s bitter sweet though since it’s my last
Exciting! I hope you have some time before the birth though, you just now stopped working and you deserve a moment off before it all starts...

We finished the nursery, what a project! We had to build up a new wall, which we did by ourselves due to corona and other issues, so it's not so professional-looking but it's ok. The decorating was definitely the fun part and I'm so happy with how it came out. We also bought everything we need to fill up the birthing pool and we are starting to make food to freeze for the postpartum period. It's getting real!

I decided to paint our little understairs toilet yesterday. I love it, everyone who I show it to doesn’t though :rofl: I’m obviously alone in my love of mega bright colours

525F9D48-D92B-4709-AAB5-80BA08C20F24.jpeg

We are in the last stretch and most of us are nesting I see... bitter sweet indeed as this is also our last baby... I kinda want to keep her in as long as possible
@KitteyKat2010 , I like the bold color...
I’ve also been redecorating the living room and washroom.... it’s almost done....
I still need about 2 more weeks to fully finish everything and be ready for baby....
how’s everyone feeling in terms of Braxton kicks/ contractions??

We are in the last stretch and most of us are nesting I see... bitter sweet indeed as this is also our last baby... I kinda want to keep her in as long as possible
@KitteyKat2010 , I like the bold color...
I’ve also been redecorating the living room and washroom.... it’s almost done....
I still need about 2 more weeks to fully finish everything and be ready for baby....
how’s everyone feeling in terms of Braxton kicks/ contractions??
I’m over it all lol, last night I actually started timing them because I felt like they were getting more frequent but luckily they stopped. I hate that questionable time of is this the real deal or just practice lol. I need baby girl to cook a little longer so I can finish getting ready.

I’m 39 weeks and 3 days. Haven’t been by here in awhile! I think I will go overdue. My doctor only lets us go to 41 weeks though. My other babies were 4 and 5 days overdue. I think I’ll follow the same pattern this time. This is my last baby. We still don’t have a name picked. DE367487-99D5-41DC-AFBD-4DEB8F905CD8.jpeg

Since last saturday I've been dealing with swelling and contractions and I'm so miserable. The contractions will be painful and consistently 5-7 minutes apart for 2 or so hours and then stop. Then they come back a few hours later. I am 38+4 today, my induction is scheduled for monday and I'm currently sitting in the waiting room for my last appointment! Ahhh! This is getting too real.

I also just got the covid test for the induction and let me say, it was awful but not unbearable. Definitely don't want to do that again. The preoperative testing is 3 days prior to the scheduled procedure and they say it takes that long to get the results. I'm just hoping he stays in until the results come back so I don't have to get the test again to get the rapid results.

C section for me on monday! I had the covid testing yesterday too. Very uncomfortable, but I survived! I had my last night of work on Wednesday so I'm now officially on maternity leave til September! I'm so impatient for her to be here! I'm so upset family cant come up and see her though.

Please update us with new babies and I'll update the front page!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->