Just a thought....

katieandfras

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Just thinking, I had LO in June 2010, filled out my tax credit form with all the information, ie, when LO was born, earning for me and OH for 2009-2010. Been getting the payments monthly since then and will call to let them know my circumstances have changed when I go back to work in March this year.

Was thinking, when I go back the new tax credit amount I get will be based on 2010-2011 (so OH full time wage and a few months full time for me and June 2010-March 2011 SMP. Someone has said that once I fill the form out and send it back to give them a call and tell them an estimation of my earnings for April 2011-April 2012 as will be different. Should I have done this when I filled the form out when I had my LO when I filled the form out?? Not sure if this makes sense? If its based on the year before obvisously your circumstances wont be the same as now?? But why would you fill the form out then call them to say actually none of its relative because im now on maternity leave and applying for tax credits which is why im fillin gout this form in the first place:dohh: Obviously I filled out the form for earnings for the year before but I never called to say well im not on that now - as was on maternity leave? I dont want to be commiting tax fraud?!? Bit stressed now:wacko:

hope some of this makes sense?!

Yep you should of done this as you may of been entitled to more money this year. they only back date 3 months. I did it in october because i had finished geting my mat pay (didnt get smp) and wasnt going back to work. turns out they dont count mat pay (they do count some of your smp) so this year i haqve earnt £0. got us an extra £150 a month so i lost out on about £450 ish :( . Best to always let them no if its more or less. You may not get anymore but would e rubbish to miss out xx

Damn it! :dohh: I HATE how confusing tax credits are! I just cant understand the logic in getting a tax form for the first time, filling it in, sending it off, then when they say "your entitled to this much" saying thanks but everything I wrote is for last years taxable earnings as you asked but its actually completely diffrent to what ill get this year so whats my new amount?! :dohh: Its not written on the form to do this just "let us know if your circumstances change" but whats the point of doing the form in the first place iykwim???!?

Is it worth calling the tax office now? What if I call and they say your entitled to less or you owe??

P.S Thank you She never stops smiling :cloud9:

Interesting!

I did the same - filled out the form for both DH and I - it never mentioned mat leave on it so I'm guessing they wouldn't know!?

When I go back in March I'm going back 16 hours a week (did 40 before I went off) so obviously it will prob change!!??! :wacko:

It's so confusing!!! I don't know what to do either!! :cry:

yep its worth callin. If your income is less then you wont be entitled to less. But u may get more. If your income went up and you didnt call them then although this years allowence wouldnt go down. You may get more in april and may than ur entitled to while they do the renewals. Hope i explaned that right. Its always best to notify them of any changes.

girls just remember when you renew your claim in april you have to take £100 a week of your yearly earning for mat leave. so if you had 39 weeks mat leave you should take off £3900.

also while your classed as still working they will leave your hours as they were before until you actually go back to work after mat leave then they will change and ask for an estimate of your earning till end of this tax year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->