Just curious. How long did it take for you to get pregnant?

took me 8 years :(

We tried for 2 years naturally when still nothing we went to the Dr's who told us we had to do ICSI which we didn't want to do nor did we have that kinda money so we left it open to change our minds- kept trying naturally.

2 years or so after that hubby changed his mind so we had to go back to the Dr's & lucky things had gotten better- his sperm were so much better!! So we started with 4 cycles of clomid which didn't work then did 4 cycles of iui which didn't work so we took 6+ months or so off so i could lose weight (was told that would help but i didn't believe them) lost 5kgs in that time (its hard for me to lose as i am insulin resistant & boarder line PCOS) went back to the Dr who suggested we try clomid again & it worked first go! :D

**i might not look like this time adds up to 8 or so years but my periods didn't come monthly which is why i called the clomid & iui cycles cos sometimes i'd go 60 odd days between periods.

For the ladies who were TTC, how long did it take until you got your faint line?

I was trying for 2 months, then got pregnant :) We tried it without any conception aids and that, just wanted it to 'happen'.

About two and a half hours of the best "I'm so glad you're here" (after being apart for six months) and then ten minutes of 'seriously, let's have a baby' :haha: We were lucky. We got pregnant the first time once we decided to give it another go with having a baby. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage. So far, this one has stuck! :winkwink: I don't feel like we're out of the woods yet but we're getting closer. I can't wait to hold our healthy little one and let him/her know how much we've prayed for her!

Were trying for about 5 months & nothing then 6 months later we were not trying, not preventing and got preg after 2 months! :D

with our first we started trying a few months before our wedding, we ended up conceiving on our honey moon 9 months later in florida, hes now 2
with our second we though wed like them to be close together, so started trying immediatly, conceived just about straight away, hes now 1 and was born 1 year and 9 ours after our first

this time I was on the pill, so not trying, and double blessings lol, twin girls due june, theyll be around 20 months between my youngest ds and them

dh is then off for the snip as obviously the pill doesnt work with me

ive been very lucky with this, 1st ds took 2months dd took 2 months 2nd ds took 1month and this one took the longest at 3months. :))

Fell pregnant month 3 of trying with DD and month 2 of trying with this one :)

about 6 months for us - felt like an age at the time, but looking back it really wasn't that long and feel very lucky

10 months, 4 cycles... I was a bit all over the place when I came off the pill!

with River it was 1 month, with my MMC it was 3 months and with this bump it was 3 months. Were very lucky.

i fell pregnant when my daughter was about 10 weeks old. i had a period when she was 6 weeks. We werent trying as such though it just happened before i got contraception. wouldnt change a thing now though xx

2 months for our first pregnancy that we lost, we started trying straight away after miscarriage and were pregnant again 3 months later.

I got cought with each one on the night it happend by mistake but glad it happend.. This one i wanted one more so said to oh *just do it in me* lol on the 23rd of april then did a test 2weeks later & i was cought..

We were lucky, decided to start in May 2010 and were pregnant by mid May 2010! Very quick - took us by surprise! :)

took me 8 years :(

We tried for 2 years naturally when still nothing we went to the Dr's who told us we had to do ICSI which we didn't want to do nor did we have that kinda money so we left it open to change our minds- kept trying naturally.

2 years or so after that hubby changed his mind so we had to go back to the Dr's & lucky things had gotten better- his sperm were so much better!! So we started with 4 cycles of clomid which didn't work then did 4 cycles of iui which didn't work so we took 6+ months or so off so i could lose weight (was told that would help but i didn't believe them) lost 5kgs in that time (its hard for me to lose as i am insulin resistant & boarder line PCOS) went back to the Dr who suggested we try clomid again & it worked first go! :D

**i might not look like this time adds up to 8 or so years but my periods didn't come monthly which is why i called the clomid & iui cycles cos sometimes i'd go 60 odd days between periods.

Hi.. I have PCOS as well and it took me a long time to conceive for baby # 1 we also did clomid 3 or 4 times. it worked the first time but we lost the baby at 8 weeks. worst thing that ever happened to me. anyway I know what you mean about losing weight while having PCOS its very hard. when we found out we were pregnant with baby # 2 ( my son Logan) it was actually after my doctor told me that we had about a 20% chance of getting pregnant on our own. I was in the ER because I had a cyst rupture and they did blood work and came back and told me that I was having a baby happiest day of my life.:happydance:

With this baby, 1st cycle trying but i was on clomid. id tried for 15 months with a previous partner but wasnt ovulating.
i can totally relate to what crazyguider said about expecting the bubble to burst, i cant believe ive been this blessed as i never thought i would be a mum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->