Just Expressing??

bickers

pregnant-2nd Trimester
Reaction score
Not sure if I can write it here.. but is anyone just expressing? My daughter is 5 days old n a little chunky bum born 8lb 15oz and she feeds constantly where I can not do anything at all n i feel soo sorry for my 3 year old. In the Night its literally constant I crnt put her down n I crnt even cuddle her without her wanting the my breast :(

I thought of just expressing so other people can help me day n night n at least I can see what shes getting?

How do I do this.. does anyone express and if so how often n does their baby still want th boob if you feed them?

Thank you :)

I can't help personally but there's a sticky thread about this called ins and outs of exclusively expressing. have you looked there?

Oooh no havnt seen.. I will look now thankyou :)

Beyond that, I think you are to wait for your supply to establish and get good and regular before you start taking baby away from breast, just for good measure. In the beginning the baby nurses that often because they are establishing the supply. It cuts back after a bit. You may find you don't need to exclusively express. You may get established and decide just to express or pump here and there. It is a nice option to have, but you don't "have" to do just one or the other. Ideally, if it all works out well, you could have both. <3

I would pump right after she feeds maybe one or two times per day. In the beginning your supply is regulating and what I found personally for me is that I am producing much more than my LO can take. At some point I HAD to pump because it was just extremely painful.

The thing with this is it will get better in a few weeks. Expressing is so hard and takes a lot of time and that will never change it will always be hard and only gets harder really. And it is nearly impossible to go back. Your baby is establishing your supply. By 6 weeks things should really settle down and maybe even before.

I exclusivly express and for me its so much easier than nursing. I now pump 5 times a day about to drop to 4. If you are going to do it you need a good pump such as a medela pump is style advanced

I exclusively pump and it's amazing! I don't give my baby any formula so I pump 4-5x a day for a total of 20 ounces. It's working great so far I'm using the Medela pump in style advanced. I just can't live with the uncertainty of bf and not knowing how much baby is drinking, for me pumping is working great.

At 5 days old that's her job Hun. It will get less soon. X

You shouldn't really pump until 6 weeks or so as you could end up hurting your supply. X

I pumped and it is so hard: pumping, washing the bottles, thinking about storage times. When we finally switched the baby to the breast it got so much easier! Please give it a little bit more time. You can always switch to exclusively expressing, but going back to the breast might be hard, as babies forget how to latch

I am expressing and a bit of breast feeding inbetween....(due to having a c-section I couldn't get comfortable to bf and then near mastisis when my milk came in so had to start pumping in hospital). The pediatrician in the hospital said it was fine - he mentioned nothing about waiting for 6 weeks. He said it was far better that I tried this than switching to formula.

So far I think it's working out really well. I have to work (from home but can be hectic) so pumping means my DH can help out at times. I have managed to pump a bit extra some days and started to freeze a little too. I express throughout the day and during the night to keep supplies healthy and I've also got stock. Our LO has developed a healthy eating pattern already so I can actually get out to the shops and I know approx.how much time we have.

I still put baby on the breast when we have a quiet afternoon & just before we all go to bed, and she is latching on just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->