Just found out im pregnant and i dont know how i feel about it

twiggy327

Reaction score
I have 2 children (DD, 6 and DS, 20 months). My first 2 children were planned. I had my financials in order, work was aware of my situation, and I was mentally prepared for pregnancy. I get extreme morning sickness all day for about the first 6 months. My pd was late by 3 weeks. I have never had regular cycles so I didnt think anything of it. A girlfriend at work was talking about all these people she knows that are pregnant and i just thought to myself i would take a test just to be sure....when I saw that second line pop up immediately I had to lay down on the bathroom floor bc I was going to faint! I am going for my first OBGYN appt tomorrow. According to my Ptracker I should be about 8+ weeks. I feel terrible bc I just can't get excited about it. I have a small car just big enough for DH and the 2 kids. I just got promoted at work and being out for 6+ weeks I feel is going to put my job title in jeopardy. My boss is not going to be happy. On a more selfish note, I have been doing crossfit since I gave birth to my son in 2013 and I have the BEST body ive had in my life! I have been training to compete in Tough Mudder and I really thought I had a shot at placing top 10. I have been working my butt off 6 days a week for over a year for this opportunity and now I have to start over in another year and wont be able to compete for at least 2. I just need some encouraging words right now as this new baby deserves excitement and rejoicing. Please dont judge...

Hi hun , just want to say don't beat yourself up about it we all are human and have mixed feelings about things, let yourself get used to the idea before you know it buns will be here and you will feel differently xxx

I agree with tricks, you are in shock, I'm sure if you give it a week or two and you will be happy and excited :)

Good news is you're already 8 weeks! How have you been feeling with this one? Maybe since you're more fit than you've ever been you can have that be a goal to keep you motivated-to have your fittest pregnancy ever! You can keep working out you'll probaly just have to modify it a little! You can do this and sure you'll be excited about baby soon enough!

you can still do crossfit whilst pregnant :) Give it time once you see the baby on the screen perhaps then you perk up :) this baby was plan and some days I'm excited others I'm like wth did I do... lol

I can so empathize. My daughter just turned 2. We are living with my grandfather. My husband is in school and won't be working for another five months. I just lost my job due to medical reasons. And then I found out I was pregnant after we had sex literally one time. It's been hard because my daughter was so wanted and took 3 years to make. And to get pregnant after one time?! And with such awful timing? I felt so bad for being so stressed about it. And I'm terrified I won't be able to love a second baby like I love my daughter, or that a second baby will ruin her life or something. My husband was livid at first. It's been so hard especially because pregnancy disabled me last time due to SPD so I don't know how I'm going to work.

I've had a couple of weeks to wrap my head around it and I'm thankful to say I'm able to be excited now. I'm remembering how much I love feeling a baby move, and looking forward to that. I'm remembering the amazingness of meeting your child for the first time. I have to remember that there's nothing I can do about it now, and all I can do is hope for the best and just enjoy it for what it is. It'll be hard but it's a blip and once the baby comes I won't be able to believe there was a time I didn't want him or her.

I know it will be okay for both of us. And I promise it will be easier to be excited soon. And plus you're not too far from being out of first tri so you won't have to deal with all the stresses of the first trimester! Which is awesome right? Haha. Good luck, you can do it, and congrats! :hugs:

I wanted to add as well as I totally get the body issue and I don't think it's selfish or anything. I too was just starting to be happy with my body and lose weight and stuff and so that was a part of the stress. But just be healthy while you're pregnant and do safe exercises and stuff and you can probably get your body back to normal right after! Plus that image just came out of the lady with the crazy preggo body which is a huge inspiration to me for this pregnancy lmao.

My pregnancy was planned and I still get moments where I don't know how I feel. That part is totally normal. In the grand scheme of things, a two year delay and a new car are a small price to pay for all the love your new baby will bring into the home xx

I am still in shock really too. It's not sunk in and I feel yuck because I am bigger than I want to be and now I'm going to put on weight and I was doing so well. I'm sure it will all work out. I was single jobless and homeless when I had my first, she's happy and hasn't gone without so I have faith!

I'm right there with girlinyork and pearlie. We were trying for a few months and I wanted it so bad... I am very excited for baby, but there are times when I think.... Why did I do this? Is this really a good time? There are so many things I want to be doing this summer that don't include being pregnant... I think it's all natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->