Just got referred for IVF

Hi ladies,

Hard to plan anything when doing ivf, I need new work clothes but don't want to buy things that wont fit for long or I might not wear if I get that bfp & take a year or 2 off...

Hope time is going fast for you all, I have blood & scan on Monday & maybe FET#2 on 26/5

After years of TTC and putting things off, I stopped doing that. We booked a trip to Sydney to see my brother and his family who I haven't seen for over 2 years. We were due to go at Easter and then we got the BFP and my FS strongly advised me not to fly long haul. Luckily we were able to get almost all our money back on the flights.

My advice would be don't put your life on hold. Plan things, but don't book anything that can't be cancelled if it needs to be.

Hey Ladies, my appointment is just so close. I get nervous thinking about it when I come on BnB, so you wont see me around much until past my appointment. I am surely going to come back soon with updates.

Hi ladies good luck honeycheeks , we'll hear from you soon.

Sheri I can't believe your next FET has come around so quickly . How are you feeling about this one? What were the medications like?

Little angel I live in Sydney ! You must rebook your tickets one day to visit with the little one. I think it's a lovely city :)

Any news from tobefruitful ? She must be way into the 2ww now .. Very exciting

Aleja - I adore Australia, particularly Sydney. I spent 6 months travelling there (including 3 months working in Sydney) in 2003, a year or so before my brother moved out. I've visiting him many times since.

I definitely plan to go out with the lo, probably next March while I am on maternity leave. I just want to get a few immunisations into lo first, before we fly long haul!

Honeycheeks - so exciting! Will be thinking of you xx

Hi ladies, hope your all having a nice weekend :)

Honey- woohoo only 2 days, hope your appt goes well.

Aleja- this FET has come around fast!!! Im on 50u of puregon a day & it's giving me headaches from hell, I'm very tired & just a touch grumpy... ThLadies and gentlemen!
Introducing the Chocolate Starfish!
and the Hotdog Flavored Wateris is my 3rd cycle in 4 months & It doesn't feel exciting like the last 2 did not that Im not excited about a possible bfp I'm just not obsessesing over every little detail, the 2ww might be a bot more obsessive though haha:wacko:

Honey - wow....right around the corner!!! yay!!!!!

hello everyone, my appointment is tomorrow early morning. Thanks everyone for keeping me in your prayers.

Sheri - your FET2 has really come by very quickly. I am sure nothing is going wrong this time. Im always keeping you in my prayers.

Aleja- do you what your FET is going to be like.

tobefruitful - im sure you are almost at the other end of the 2ww. Hope you send us some good news soon.

Stinas- your appointment isnt too far away either.

little angel - :hugs: Travel is so exciting. but i usually cant afford to travel as much as i would actually like to. I hope someday I can fly to Sydney and most part of Europe too.

Honey - Next tuesday....it came pretty fast....just hoping for an easy/quick fix.

Yesterday dh's cousins who are a little older than him and all have 3&4 kids each were like leave work early and take her out to dinner....and come on...make a baby already. I just wanted to cry and to see dh face...i knew he was hurt too. Fake laughing and say yeah was pretty hard to do.
I just hope and pray every day that it happens for all of us soon! I truly believe we will look back at all of this soon and laugh.

Good luck Sheri!!

Honey - Next tuesday....it came pretty fast....just hoping for an easy/quick fix.

Yesterday dh's cousins who are a little older than him and all have 3&4 kids each were like leave work early and take her out to dinner....and come on...make a baby already. I just wanted to cry and to see dh face...i knew he was hurt too. Fake laughing and say yeah was pretty hard to do.
I just hope and pray every day that it happens for all of us soon! I truly believe we will look back at all of this soon and laugh.

Sorry Stinas :( Sounds like they didn't mean any harm but I'm sure it stung. My MIL comments about how her sisters all have grandkids and she's the only one that doesn't. She's even cried about it before. I wish I could tell her off.

I'm getting very nervous about this cycle. I know I'm still 3 weeks away but I want it to start now. Just want it over with. The thought of being under and waking up after something so personal and private happens is making me queasy. And if it doesn't work? How long can I keep going through this stuff? Every cycle is exhausting and with work being so busy it doesn't help. AF is super heavy and lasting a long time this time around. DH isn't happy about it either. Oh well.

noasaint - Yeah it stung pretty bad...but they dont know what we are going through...so we just have to brush things like that off. My MIL already has 4 grandchildren, so I dont get that from her, but lately I have been getting a whole lot of "what are you waiting for?"....if she only knew! Only my BIL, mom and cousin know.
I can only imagine how you felt when she pulls the tears out. That is just annoying to me to begin with.....im not much of a cryer....but when others do it for stupid reasons, drives me insane. lol
Dont worry....it will happen soon. It really sucks that we all have to go through all these bumps in order for it to happen....but it is what it is at this point. It just figures AF is long and awful for you right now. It just sucks all around what can I tell you. Just hang in there....your almost at the finish line!

Hi ladies, Im back home after my appointment. I am on meds from today, officially starting IVF from today. I just cant believe it already.

My doc has prescribed one injection for today evening for suppression. It is an intramuscular shot. I never dreamed that my first IVF injection is going to be an IM. I have never had an IM shot before and I am so petrified. I would be starting stims in about 10 days I suppose. My mind is totally blank at the moment, I just froze.

hi there,
OMG honeycheeks, it has started! i can't believe it is finally happening for you. I was expecting you to come back and say that it will be another few weeks....so i am assuming you are doing a long protocol? what is the medication called that you are currently taking?
Wishing you all the best. Wow, within 5-6 weeks all will be revealed!
I am not sure what to expect from the FET yet. I have my appt this Friday so I will provide an update then. To be honest I am not sure my cycle is back to normal yet - i haven't really established that i have ov'ed yet which means either i missed it or it hasn't happened yet (long cycle coming!)

Noasaint, i can understand the nerves in this pre-cycle wait, especially since you are having a nasty AF. unfortunately this whole process seems to be about oscillating between hope and despair...i am sure within a couple of weeks you will be feeling excited and hopeful again. And fingers crossed this will be the only time you are doing it so no more stress.

Stinas, ouch that would have been so hard hearing your family's innocent words. your poor DH must have felt so awkward.....

sheri, i really hope this one is the lucky one for you. I am not surprised at all you have lost the excitement. I am feeling this way already and i have had the one cycle. I have no idea what to expect from the FETs....although for you this medicated one sounds like it gives all the symptoms (which we all hate!!) but Fx its the lucky one.

Hi ladies,

Honey- so happy for you, finally starting your cycle :happydance: wishing you all the :dust: in the world! I haven't given myself one needle yet my dear OH has given me all of them, must have had about 45ish so far :wacko: I have them before he leaves for work in the morning & lay there half asleep with a pillow over my head

Had my scan & bloods done today, all is good my lining is at 8, my estrogen is rising good & I have a nice follicle but it's not quite big enough for my trigger yet so I have another blood test on Wednesday & hopefully FET Monday :thumbup:

sheri- im the opposite. do all myself. gave myself the hcg trigger im the first time but since then ive done everything subq

Hi ladies, Im back home after my appointment. I am on meds from today, officially starting IVF from today. I just cant believe it already.

My doc has prescribed one injection for today evening for suppression. It is an intramuscular shot. I never dreamed that my first IVF injection is going to be an IM. I have never had an IM shot before and I am so petrified. I would be starting stims in about 10 days I suppose. My mind is totally blank at the moment, I just froze.

Oh wow!!!! Seems like time flew by for you HC! Good luck with the shot, I'm scared of the IM ones too and have yet to get one. My time is coming though!

Yay Sheri!!!! Moving right along, your time has flown by too. Sending tons of baby dust your way.

AFM, I spent 1/2 hour on the phone w/ the ART nurse today talking about medications. They are going to have me on only 75IU Gonal-F. I told her I was on that for 3 weeks last time so I don't see why as they told me I would only stim two weeks at most. She said the Menopur will also make E2 rise and follies develop. I hope so. 3 weeks of shots again just sounds awful, I was a wreck at the end of them.

Now for a question for you ladies.....................what's in a Lupron trigger? Is it just Lupron? I called my insurance to see how much it is and they haven't a clue what I'm talking about and asked what was in it. I remember the nurse telling me it's a mix, a compound or something, but she never told me exactly what it was. I googled it and can't find anything but Lupron mentioned.

Honey - YAYYYYY!!!! WOW I cant believe its here already!! I could imagine you being scared, but look at what you could have at the end. Exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->