Just got referred for IVF

Stinas - i too try to manage a smile whenever well meaning friends or relatives try to remind us this is baby making time. I try to pretend we ae not yet ready for a baby. Hope this phase passes soon for us all.

noasaint- sorry that AF is very haevy and uncomfortable for you this time. I am happy that it started off for me so soon and will soon be over with it. I havent heard of Lupron trigger ever. I have heard of Lupron which is used in long protocol for supression, but im sure thats not what you are talking about.

sheri - i hope you can stay stress free this cycle and let the magic happen for you. It is really not surprising that you lost the excitement about it. Keeping you in my prayers always.Good luck for yout FET.

aleja- I hope your appointment goes well and you have a better understanding of what to expect in your FET. Good luck and extra :dust: for the FET.

AFM - ladies, I had my first shot which was IM last evening. To be honest, it was not nearly as bad as I imagined.I was so scared I was almost in shivers when I entered the nurses office. But it dint hurt at all, I could believe when she was done with it, there was no pain later , not even if I touched or poked the site. That was pretty cool for my first shot. It was called Gonapeptyl CR. Technically you could say that I am on long protocol, but before the stims, I only have this one shot, no more daily shots till stims start. I was also given norethisterone tabs for seven days to bring my period on. I was given that only because I have irregular cycles. And of course folic acid.The doctor was a little concerned about my weight. I weigh only 50 kgs and I am 161 cms tall. She said that was a tad too less and so we would have to start with low doses of stimming, I hope it works and I dont have to cancel my cycle.
Also at the hospital I met many ladies who were doing their second of third round of IVF. So I really hope this works for me the first time. I can only hope, I know that it doesnt have to work the very first time.

hey honeycheeks, it's great that the first injection is out of the way now, and it's nice that the nurses did it for you too as it must take the nerves away a little bit.
wow you are tiny!! i think that is a very wise idea about your FS giving you low dosage as being overstimulated is not fun at all and can also lead to cancellation. Its hard and demoralising meeting/talking to ladies who are up to their 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc ivf cycles but please remember everyone is different and you cannot compare yourself to absolutely no one else in this game. Even if ladies are doing exactly the same protocol as you, it doesn't matter as everyone will have a different experience .
Sending you a bucketload of baby dust and looknig forward to seeing how it goes for you....GL x

Noasaint, I have heard of Lupron but i have no idea of what it does. dr google didn't help?

Sheri, it is getting closer now. good luck with the next few days x

Stinas - i too try to manage a smile whenever well meaning friends or relatives try to remind us this is baby making time. I try to pretend we ae not yet ready for a baby. Hope this phase passes soon for us all.

noasaint- sorry that AF is very haevy and uncomfortable for you this time. I am happy that it started off for me so soon and will soon be over with it. I havent heard of Lupron trigger ever. I have heard of Lupron which is used in long protocol for supression, but im sure thats not what you are talking about.

sheri - i hope you can stay stress free this cycle and let the magic happen for you. It is really not surprising that you lost the excitement about it. Keeping you in my prayers always.Good luck for yout FET.

aleja- I hope your appointment goes well and you have a better understanding of what to expect in your FET. Good luck and extra :dust: for the FET.

AFM - ladies, I had my first shot which was IM last evening. To be honest, it was not nearly as bad as I imagined.I was so scared I was almost in shivers when I entered the nurses office. But it dint hurt at all, I could believe when she was done with it, there was no pain later , not even if I touched or poked the site. That was pretty cool for my first shot. It was called Gonapeptyl CR. Technically you could say that I am on long protocol, but before the stims, I only have this one shot, no more daily shots till stims start. I was also given norethisterone tabs for seven days to bring my period on. I was given that only because I have irregular cycles. And of course folic acid.The doctor was a little concerned about my weight. I weigh only 50 kgs and I am 161 cms tall. She said that was a tad too less and so we would have to start with low doses of stimming, I hope it works and I dont have to cancel my cycle.
Also at the hospital I met many ladies who were doing their second of third round of IVF. So I really hope this works for me the first time. I can only hope, I know that it doesnt have to work the very first time.

hey honey cheeks,i was keeping an eye out for you, glad you started your cycle.
I wont be long behind you,this time next month..i will start on the short cycle,icsi...very excited now..
fingers crossed that all will go well for you
hugs xx

Honey - Yeah, we usually just laugh it off and say we are not ready either. It hurts, but it is what it is.
Im soo glad you first shot went really easy! We usually always tend to scare ourselves before all this stuff. Glad it was a breeze! Skinny mini!

Hi ladies, hope your all well :)

Had my blood test today & my estrogen levels dropped instead of rising so my cycle was cancelled :cry: I didn't take too much of the phone convo with the nurse in after that, she said something about the dr looking through my file & a HRT FET & made an appt for us in 2 weeks. More waiting:dohh: I've finished crying now I'm just fed up & thinking I might just drown my sorrows on the weekend!

sheri76 - Im sorry!!! I wonder why your body is not working? Its soo annoying!

hey all, sorry for the long absence. well the dreaded 2ww is over with an unfortunate BFN :( AF held off for at least the beta test today. i think it might have to do something with the nasty progesterone shots. just to catch everybody up to speed, they were able to take 10 eggs out, 6 fertilized, 3 were usable. they put 2 back in leaving us w/ one. they did make it to day 5 vs day 3.

so on the plus side i am going to enjoy a long hot bath with a large glass of red wine because i have the luxury to do so now.

baby dust to all!

hey all, sorry for the long absence. well the dreaded 2ww is over with an unfortunate BFN :( AF held off for at least the beta test today. i think it might have to do something with the nasty progesterone shots. just to catch everybody up to speed, they were able to take 10 eggs out, 6 fertilized, 3 were usable. they put 2 back in leaving us w/ one. they did make it to day 5 vs day 3.

so on the plus side i am going to enjoy a long hot bath with a large glass of red wine because i have the luxury to do so now.

baby dust to all!

Really sorry you got a bfn, this ivf stuff is really tough going sometimes, hope you enjoyed that long hot bath & glass of red :hugs:

baby dust to all!

Really sorry you got a bfn, this ivf stuff is really tough going sometimes, hope you enjoyed that long hot bath & glass of red :hugs:

Sorry for the double ups ladies it's my stupid iPhone!

tobefruitful - Im sorry this cycle was a bust! It sucks.....you deserve that hot bath and a couple glasses of wine!!!!

aleja- thank you so much for the positive vibes. I am trying to be as positive as I can. But it is getting more and more difficult with ppl around me having to do more than one cycle, but I am still fairly positive about this one.

Mammywannabe- thank you so much for keeping me in your thoughts. Hope that things go perfectly for you next month. Keep us updated.

Sheri - it sounds really awful that the bloods were not favorable. I hope everything is taken care of in your next appointment. June might just be lucky for all of us. You are always in my prayers.

tobefruitful - I was really hoping that this cycle worked for you. I am so sorry it dint. After all it just takes one teeny ball of cells to do the trick, I hope the little one in the freezer does it for you. Fingers crossed for your FET. You really deserve to spoil yourself with a hot shower and wine. :hugs: hun.

Stinas and aleja- good luck for your next appointment.

Tobefruitful - so sorry :hugs: hoping that your frostie is your future baby. Enjoy the wine in the meantime.

Honeycheeks - I know it seems like that sometimes, but there are people who get a BFP on their first cycle. Perhaps they just don't post so much. There is a lady over in Tri 1 now that just got her BFP on her first IVF.

Oh tobefruitful so sorry to hear about your cycle. I dont know what else to say as it does hurt . If the wine and long bath is going to help then that a great way to de-stress .

Sheri, what the ?? Oh Hun that's sucks .. I though the medication was supposed to regulate the hormones..
Hope you are ok. Yes more waiting waiting.. What is a HRT Fet?

Honey cheeks . Littleangel is right lots of ladies get a bfp first go so dont lose hope just yet x

Aleja- it's a hormone replacement therapy FET. I asked a few questions today on the phone & the nurse said they completely take over the cycle with meds so if the levels drop they can up the dose but with the cycle I just did once the level drops its too late because I was only having a small dose to boost a bit :wacko: I can start as soon as af arrives whenever that will be who knows:shrug: here we go again :thumbup:

littleangel - thank you so much for lending me hope. To be honest I really am very hopeful that June will be the month for a lot of us on this thread. How is the little bean doing? Have you got any ultrasound pics to show us?

Sheri - I hope AF shows up just when you want her to. Good luck for your next FET, i really hope it works this time, I am sure nothing can go wrong this time.

Oh Sheri I'm so sorry!!!! Did you not get enough meds in your system? This has been such a rough road. Did they indicate at all what the next appointment is to discuss?

Tobefruitful, my heart is just breaking for you. I'm so very sorry. Did you mean that AF was delayed due to the PIO shots or that the cycle didn't work because of them? Enjoy that wine and bath, you deserve it.

Sending hugs to you both!

AFM, I got a call from the pharmacy today that my meds were ordered. Unfortunately Ganirelix is on manufacturer back order and since I can only use one pharmacy on my insurance we are going to have to buy this one out of pocket. I'm hoping I can get reimbursed but I hear it's a nightmare to get it from my insurance company. So the other meds are on the way. I spent 30 minutes of work time on the phone dealing with this stuff today and the RE office called me back after hours when I was in an appointment so now I have to wait till tomorrow and hope they call me back and fax a Rx for the ganirelix to another pharmacy. I'm getting so nervous.

I was prescribed patches, estrogen I think. When do I use these and how long? I don't see the RE till Tuesday to ask. They ordered 48 of them I think and I don't remember them mentioning it before.

Yay noasaint, you just starting off. It is great to hear that you have all the meds ordered. it is a bummer though that insurance can be messy at times.

I havent heard to patches being used in IVF, I have no idea how you would use them or how long.

good luck buddy and :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->