Just got referred for IVF

Nosaint - I think the period before and during my IVF cycle was one of the most stressful of my life. During our 2ww, my husband's mother was seriously ill and we were summoned to the hospital. My husband was on a business trip, a 12 hour flight away, and had to fly back to knowing if his mum was alive. I went ahead to wait with his family. Thankfully she pulled through, but it was an extremely stressful time. Two days after we got home, I got my BFP.

I'm telling you this because I think if your cycle is going to work, it will work. Yes, it would be better for your sanity if you relieve some of the stress, and therapy is a great idea, but don't worry about it affecting your chances.

Ok so the apt went very well today!!! Im super excited to be getting some answers and finally feel like its going to happen soon!
(Pasting this from my azoo post)...

Ok so...the doc said that everything pretty much looks "normal" and all his testing makes him really lean towards a blockage(which we already knew, but nice to hear from a second doctor). Plus he said he probably is making sperm...which again made me feel better, but again....we all know how it is to get our hopes shot, so not getting overly excited.
This thursday he will go in for a scrotal ultrasound and in 3 weeks from now he will go in through the penis to see if there is indeed a blockage and what the location is. If the blockage is towards the tip, we will need to do a biopsy and IVF....if it is towards the balls, he will do surgery to bypass the blockage and basically re direct the flow.

So in 3 weeks....ill pretty much know which direction I will be taking...IVF or surgery.

good evening lovely ladies! well my ER was today and it was a success! thank you so much to everybody for keeping us in your thoughts & prayers. they were able to take out 10 usable eggs! we were pretty pumped about that since we were thinking only 7. they should be calling us sometime thurs. to let us know if we will be doing a day 3 or 5 transfer. i am so excited that this is all happening. :happydance:

hope everybody is doing wonderful! you have all been such a great support system and i am constantly thinking about all of you. :hugs: i hope that you do not mind that i leave for a bit. i am really really trying to remain calm and relaxed during the 2WW. no worries though, i will be returning in a few weeks.

baby dust to all! :thumbup:

tobefruitful - Thats wonderful news!!! Yay!!!

tobefruitful- thats great news, you will soon be through the whole IVF thing. yay!! I am so excited for you. I have you in my prayers and hope everything goes perfectly. How many embies do you plan to transfer?

Stinas - it definitely is good news from the appointment. You must be so relieved to find out it is just a blockage. i hope things move faster for you now.

Aleja, sheri , noasaint- looks like there is a lot of IVF business waiting to happen in June. lets bring in a ton of BFPs in June, it isnt too far away.

Hi ladies,

Aleja- I have 2 embies left on ice & start again with day 2 blood test tomorrow, doing a medicated FET this time...

Stinas- glad your appt went so well & hope the 3 weeks wait brings even better news!!!

Tobefruitful- wow 10 eggs that's great! Wishing you all the best with et & your tww, I will be thinking of you fx & baby dust coming your way.

Noasaint- I hope you find a way to feel less stressed at work, I work in a high school & totally understand work stress:wacko:

Thanks again for all your kind words :flower:

hi ladies,
Tobefruitful, congrats on your egg collection. 10 eggs is great. I hope you recover well and the transfer goes smoothly. Take it easy over these next 2 weeks. Fx for a bfp!!!

Stinas, you and your Dh must be so relieved to hear positive news. The FS sounds really thorough and I am sure he will get to the bottom of this. How is your DH feeling about having surgery? it sounds a bit ouchy! but no worse that what we have to go through!

Sheri, GL on the medicated cycle this time. How come the FS decided on this and what will the meds do? Sorry I keep asking you questions. I am trying to find out all about this FET business before mine starts.

Yay, June may be the month......

Aleja I think the FS is just trying something different & hoping it's what works for me, I'll be taking 50 units of puregon a day before the fet & the pregnyl 5000 to boost O & then the 4 x 1500 of pregnyl 3 days apart after the booster. The puregon is estrogen support & pregnyl is hcg. I have asked about assisted hatching incase that's the problem but they say that's usually for ladies 40 & over I've just turned 36 & they tell me thats not old in the fertility world but for an extra $340 I'm thinking it's prob worth a try & a lot cheaper than another fresh cycle :wacko: one decision I've made is that I'm going to carry on as usual this time, no time off work & just take it easy for a few hours after the FET

June is going to be the month for BFP'S :happydance:

Tobefruitful - that's wonderful news - 10 eggs! :happydance: What are your thoughts on 3 vs 5 day transfers? Are you sore after your ER?

Sheri - good luck for your cycle :flower:

Thinking and hoping for all our June cycle girls :dust:

xxx

Thank you ladies!

honey - He said he is leaning more towards a blockage because all his testing is normal, no previous sickness, and everything looks ok from the outside, but he wont be able to fully tell until tom ultrasound.

aleja - He is not happy about getting surgery, but is fully willing to do it. He complained all day about the doc checking his prostate, so I can only imagine how much complaining he will do after surgery lol

Hi sheri it's good that the FS is trying some different things. It's all so experimental it seems. I totally agree with paying a bit extra for the assisted hatching option . It's a small price to pay if it does the job . It's funny that they think 36 is young in IvF terms. Our FS referred to us as "youngies" during the consultation too. Yeah right when everywhere you look you are warned about decreasing fertility after the mid 30's.

Stinas yes I bet your DH was whining about it . Oh dear maybe it's best he isn't told too much about the surgery before it happens !!
My DH is the same . At the moment he is "thinking about" letting me book him in for acupuncture for male infertility . He hates needles but my opinion is that I am the one having to jab myself , go for countless blood tests and invasive procedures when he is the one with the dodgy sperm .

ATM : I got a phone call from my clinic to confirm I am doing a Fet in june . If I do not do it then my next opportunity will be August as they are closing on July to do renovations!!!! WTF!!??!!?

aleja, I'm in the same position with my hubby and your comment did make me laugh which is nice for a change as I find this whole thing can get really on top of you, thank you.

Not yet tried to persuade him to go for accupuncture but I can just imagine the response! x

Hi everyone! Just popping in for a sec, work has been busy and I'll be working the weekend along with my FIL visiting so it will be a while before I hope back on. I got an email from Tobefruitful and she's doing very well so that's good. I know we are all pulling for her.

I take my last provera tomorrow so AF will be here end of next week. Finally!!!! Looking forward to hopefully sharing a BFP with a few of you next month. I saw my therapist tonight and she's determined to help me destress and get ready for the IVF cycle next month. I plan on seeing her weekly through ET to make sure I can mentally be in a good place. I could care less about the stigma attached to seeing a "shrink" right now, my health is becoming a top priorty for me as June draws closer. I'm not even gagging on the Royal Jelly anymore. LOL. To be honest, the green tea is what's annoying. It makes my mouth super dry so I feel like I drink more water to combat that. I did cheat and had coffee last weekend but this weekend I plan on sticking to just green tea. Praying the bcp don't make me nutty too.

Take care everyone!!

Hi ladies
Hope everyone is well.

Noasaint there is absolutely no shame with seeing a therapist to see you through . We must all do the things that feel right for us and that will help us . Whether that be a counsellor, acupuncture , exercise or whatever it's all part of self care and boy is it important during IvF . I have been having the odd coffee here and there and I even had a beer the other night ( shock horror!) I guess at the end of the day I think if we are meant to get a BFP during treatment it will happen regardless if we sneak in a coffee or whatever . I was so Puritan during this last cycle I did everything right eating the right foods no coffee or alcohol
, i took it pretty easy but still it didn't work ! The good thing is now I go into my next cycle is less expectations and feeling less anxious . .. But I am throwing in acupuncture on for good measure :)

I can't wait to hear how tobefruitful is going!

Our Secret ..yes for some men ( like my dear hubby) the thought of lying on a bed being pricked with a few skinny needles just doesn't cut it .
However there my DH was during the embryo transfer watching me with my legs up in stirrups as the FS plus 2 scientists looked directly into my Vagayjay while they implanted the embie . DH didn't seemed fussed at all! Bless him !

Hi everyone else x

Hi ladies , I have been a little busy as my sis is getting engaged. how is everyone?
Hope you are having a nice weekend.
I have a week to go before my appointment. I would be a little occupied this week as there is some maintenance in progress at home.

My hospital doesnt allow husbands to be present during embryo transfer . Though I was disappointed at that first, I now think that is best . His presence might make it a little stressful for us both. He is already worried about the needles and daily injections more than I am. Though I am not told already the exact medicines which I would be using, there was the treatment overview in our IVF handouts. And DH still likes to believe that there wont be daily injections and hopes for oral medications, but we all know thats not happening. So it will be hard for DH to accept the fact when I finally get my prescription.

Not long now honey cheeks and some home renovations is a good way to pass the time until the appt.

Your dh sounds cute for being hopeful for oral medication. Tell him that the injections are not so bad and that you will get used to them very quickly . I don't think your DH being present during the transfer is essential. To be honest i think my DH felt a bit like a third wheel as he was sitting in a tight corner while the FS did the procedure . If its going to be more stress for you it's better he is not around as a nice and smooth transfer is apparently very important

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Honey - It getting closer and closer!

I cant believe how much progress everyone has been making in such short time! Its nice to see!!

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing good. I know it's getting close for some of us. Tick tock tick tock!!! It feels like time is dragging.

AF arrived two days early for me which means I'll start bcp in 3 days and then we'll be only a month away from starting injectables. I'm very happy to report work is not as crazy as it was. I got a new manager and he's so far pretty great. DH is teasing me constantly as I'm a very impatient person so this waiting business is driving me bonkers. We've been trying to plan our Thanksgiving vacation (plan was to head out of state so we didn't have to spend time w/ family which sounds awful but believe me it's for the best) but the stuff we want to do would not be good if I'm 5 months along at that point. I guess we'll have to just wing it! LOL

Hi ladies!!!!!! Very quiet in here!!

noasaint - Yay! Things are moving along great for you!!! Oh god...I know...sometimes its nice to get away when you "should" be with family. I say wing it....you cant plan around something that is not there yet. If you end up being 5 months along...you will figure it all out.

As for me...just waiting for DH apt in two weeks...May 29th.

hi ladies,
Noasaint, i agree with stinas .there is no point putting your life on hold. travelling whilst pregnant - well lots of ladies do it and I am sure you will get through it somehow. anyway its nice to have some plans to look forward to whatever the outcome.

I feel like planning a holiday for sept or Oct ..i am not sure what will be going on for me at that point (but hopefully pregnant!) but the reason I want to get away is that i got a couple of 1st birthdays coming up and I know for sure there will be lots of babies and children everywhere. I feel so mean thinking this because these babies belong to my good friends but i can't deal with being around all these babies and happy families right now.:nope:

Not much happening for me..FS appt next week..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->