Just got referred for IVF

sheri76- how is it going? how many days left? my fingers and toes are crossed for you!

godpromised25 - hope you are feeling well!

noasaint & honeycheeks- june will be here before we know it!

Stinas- don't feel bad, i am currently going thru IVF and still have a hard time with some of the lingo.

Likklegemz- 4 weeks? yahoooo!

Aleja-forgive me if i have asked this already, how many eggs were they able to freeze? when is your FET? were they day 3 embryos or blastocysts? i have heard pros and cons to both sides of the story, whats your opinion did you guys prefer the day 3 or 5? did you have a choice?

okay i think i remembered everybody, if not, sending good thoughts to all! i feel fine, i have some bloating after each shot i receive but nothing too uncomfortable. my face is super clear! nobody told me all my stress acne would disappear, it seems the hormones are agreeing with my complexion. :) okay, we had an appointment yesterday here is the verdict....uterine lining is at 12 (the requirement is 7) E2 levels are 750ish, RN saw 11 eggs, 7 which are on the larger side 4 smaller ones. she said DR will take all of them out. i guess doubling my dosage helped. get this, we actually needed one more day of meds that we had anticipated for & RN went into their "med. bank" (apparently people can donate unused meds. that they no longer need) and actually gave us about $300 worth of meds. for free! which is nice since our insurance is not covering a dime of this. i never knew they could do something like that, so if you guys find yourself if a situation similar to ours, make sure to ask! we have our next appointment tomorrow morning. they are thinking ER either tues. or wed. so things are progressing nicely over here. have been trying to keep my mind off of things by catching up with the series Mad Men. thanks for keeping us in your thoughts & prayers. have a nice weekend!! :) :)

Hi ladies, hope your all enjoying your weekend.

Tobefruitful my test day is tomorrow, thurs & fri were very stressful as they were the cd's my fresh cycle failed. Feeling a lot calmer now I'm counting down hours not days.
The stimming meds made me feel wonderful, it was the meds after ec had the opposite effect on me :(
Good luck with your ec :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is keeping well :flower:

Hi ladies, hope your all enjoying your weekend.

Tobefruitful my test day is tomorrow, thurs & fri were very stressful as they were the cd's my fresh cycle failed. Feeling a lot calmer now I'm counting down hours not days.
The stimming meds made me feel wonderful, it was the meds after ec had the opposite effect on me :(
Good luck with your ec :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is keeping well :flower:

Are you testing today, im sure it is going to be a positive :test:

Stinas - tell us how your appointment goes?

Honeycheeks i want to test but im scared:test: maybe later tonight or I think i will have to in the morning before my bt :wacko:

Hi honeycheeks and everyone

I am pretty well. A slight cold, but my morning sickness seems to have gone now :) I am waiting now for my next scan, which is happening on May 14, and the transition into Tri 2. I still can't believe how lucky I am!

sheri76 - I know how you feel. I was given a testing date and although I know I could have taken an early response test long before then, I didn't. Even the state of not knowing was better than the idea I would test negative. FX sooo hard for you at the moment! :dust:

Hey everyone!

Crossing my fingers and sending tons of baby fust Sheri!

So happy for you Littleangel, hope the second trimester is a happy and healthy one, it sounds like you are doing awesome.

Looking very forward to Tobefruitful's ER, good luck girl!!

AFM, I started provera yesterday to induce AF. At least I feel like the process is not sort of starting even though it's still a long way off. Work has been completely horrible and I had a meltdown in front of my boss. She does not know about the IF stuff and I don't plan on telling her. But I've come to realize there is no way I can go through a 9 month pregnancy under all this stress. So once I'm past 12 weeks I'll be finding a new job or just quitting and getting on DH's insurance. I simply can't leave my job now since they are paying for IVF. If I was younger and could wait longer I'd quit and just start doing treatments at a different employer. So I've got to find a way to deal with this stress and do IVF without going bonkers. It's sad that I've been there now 7 years and they don't care about keeping their employees. But I know for my own health as well as my future little one, it won't be my permanent employer.

littleangel - it is awesome to hear that you are onto your second trimester..Time flies, It wont be long before you would be holding your little one.
noasaint - Any little step is really one step ahead, so it is a good thing to think that you have already started .
Stinas - tell us how did the appointment go
Sheri- Fingers crossed till you tell us the news.
Aleja,likklegemz- how are you?
Tobefruitful - Good luck for ER. You are almost there.
:flower: to anyone i might have missed.

Hi ladies!!

Honey - My apt is on tuesday....almost time!

noasaint - Im sorry work is soo stressful for you! It really is a shame how now and days most companies really can care less about the people that have been with them for years. Most times they rather have you out and hire someone for less. Its a shame really.

sheri76 - Test!!!!!

littleangel - How exciting!!!!! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or let it be a surprise?

Hi ladies,

What a crappy day I've had!!! My dear friend & work colleague I work alongside everyday was diagnosed with breast cancer & I got a bfn :(

I'm now curled up in bed with one of my fur babies pumpkin the cat

Thanks for all you good luck wishes, maybe it's a third time lucky for me x

Im so sorry for you Sheri . I have you in my prayers always. Did the bloodtest say a BFN. Did you see your doctor? I hope you feel better soon. Sending you lots of hugs. :hugs: :hugs:

My heart goes out to your dear friend too.

Hope you don't mind me joining. I have been reading parts of this thread for the last week or so, and having seen sheri76's post had to say how sorry I am to hear your news. This ttc journey can be very cruel and to find out your friend is not well too must be really hard x

Thank you & welcome our secret :)

Honey the result was from a blood test and af hasn't arrived yet but I can feel she's on her way, I live an hours drive or almost 2 hours in peak hour traffic away from my fertility clinic so haven't seen the dr, spoke with nurse on the phone & was told what the dr thinks I should do next which is a medicated FET which I can start as soon as af arrives...

Hi ladies,

What a crappy day I've had!!! My dear friend & work colleague I work alongside everyday was diagnosed with breast cancer & I got a bfn :(

I'm now curled up in bed with one of my fur babies pumpkin the cat

Thanks for all you good luck wishes, maybe it's a third time lucky for me x

sending positive energy your way darling. :flower: i know you will have a lucky 3!

Sheri- I hope things work out in the best way as soon as possible. Did the nurse tell you any reasons why it dint work this time.

Sheri- I hope things work out in the best way as soon as possible. Did the nurse tell you any reasons why it dint work this time.

After the words "I'm sorry your not pregnant" its a bit of a blur & I was more asking about the next cycle. I will be calling back tomorrow & asking more questions though :)

After my friends bad news mine doesn't seem that bad in comparison :nope:

Sheri - My heart and prayers goes out to your friend! I pray for the day they come up with a cure for the damn thing! I just dont get how we can control home light switches/tv's from our phones, but not come up with a cure for deadly diseases...its just mind boggling.
Sorry about the bfn! Lots of hugs!

Our Secret - Welcome!

So sorry Sheri!!! I'm praying for you for a 3rd round to work.

Good luck tomorrow Tobefruitful!

It's so hard to stay positive with all this and I know a good mental attitude goes a long way. Maybe if I only had to focus on IF I could mentally be in a better place. I called to schedule an appointment with a therapist I saw two weeks ago. She never returned my call to make a second appointment so I hope she returns this call. I really need to figure out how to let things go and not bother me so much. If I can do then I think I'd have a much better place for a baby to want to stay :)

Hi ladies
Firstly Sheri I am so sorry it didn't work this time . It really does feel awful when the process fails us. The news about your friend is terrible . You are right it does put things in perspective . Take care of yourself and fx for next cycle . How many embies do you have left?

Noasaint your work situation sounds very stressful which is not good now you are about to start IvF . Having gone through it now I really think being in a good head space is really important for sanity . Given you have to stay there until you are pregnant the therapist is a good idea . Is that included with the clinic you are with ? My clinic has free complimentary counselling for all patients .

Tobefruitful it's great your cycle is going to well . And the EPU is almost here!
They were able to freeze 4 of my blastocysts. I didn't have a choice btw 3 or 5 day transfer and freeze . The clinic only froze the best quality ones .. the rest well they went to waste I guess.
And i noticed your E2 levels are 750 . Mine at day 8 of stims was over 5000 . I was way overstimulated and thst is before the trigger shot. In hindsight i think it would have been better if the FS had decided to cancel my transfer as maybe I just wasted my best embryo. I have been reading about the impact of high estradiol levels on the uterine lining and some research says that the embryo will not implant if the E2 is too high . Anyway its just a theory and only time will tell.

Looks like I am doing the FET in June so some if us will be cycle buddies

Stinas GL on your appt

Littleangel wow the 2nd trimester has come around quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back