Just got referred for IVF

aleja - Thank you!!!

As of right now...the urologist is leaning towards dh sperm being normal and there, its just having trouble coming out....which is making me not worry about that, but then again, im not counting my chickens just yet.

That's great news stinas :)

Sorry I've been missing in action this week Ive been crazy busy! With birthdays & a comedy show, only 4 days left til my next appt, no sign of af yet hope she turns up soon!

Enjoy your weekend ladies :)

Stinas - My IVF cycle was the length of a normal one. I didn't have to down reg (I think because my cycles are regular) so we did the short protocol, so I just waited for AF, started stims on CD3, egg retrieval on CD14 and transfer on CD19. I didn't test until the day they told me (CD31).

It was also quite quick for us from when we decided to go ahead with the cycle. We were on hold (our decision) until the new year, I rang early Jan to say we wanted to go ahead, we were listed for feb cycle based on my approx dates. We saw the consultant for a scan end of Jan, did the paperwork and that was it. Obviously we had already done IUI, so we had had all the investigations and blood work done.

I was amazed how quick it was, from us saying go to BFP.

Stinas- Really hoping that it is minor blockage and things are going to be simpler soon.

Littleangel- You have been really lucky with IVF. I hope we other ladies get lucky this June and get our BFPs soon.

Sheri, Aleja - hope AF shows soon.

Me: AF came today. I am going back to see my FS tomorrow, hoping to get started with stims soon.

Happy weekend ladies!

Stinas, sending hugs and prayers that the swimmers are fine. I know the waiting isn't fun. Surgery is definitely not nice for our poor OHs. I firmly believe us females tolerate this stuff ten times better.

Yay for AF honeycheeks!!! LOL. Time to get the ball rolling.

Rest up Sheri, sounds like you are one busy lady!

Littleangel, so good to see you hun!! Hope you are feeling fabulous.

Drsquid, woo hoo for started stims!!! I saw your post in the GG forum. I'm one week behind you and on the same meds Gonal-F and Menopur. What a mix up with your dose huh? That's a little scary. I'm being started on a very tiny amount of Gonal-F and I've got tons of it in the fridge. They ordered 15 vials of Menopur for me along with 8 Ganirelix.

AFM, this is my last weekend to do much of nothing so I'm trying to enjoy it. It's soooooo hot here though! DH is taking me out for date night tonight. We've really been so focused on other things it's like we're in two different worlds at the moment. I spent most of this past week chasing down meds from two different pharmacies then having to chase down the needles and syringes (now I have way too many!). My FIL will be here next weekend overnight 2 nights. I've got to find a way to hide all the meds in the fridge since we don't want him and the MIL to know at all.

So I start stims on Thursday finally!!!!

littleangel - Thanks! That makes me feel better! I feel like I have waited enough...i just want to get this going.

honeycheeks - Thank you!!! Yay for AF!!! We are on the same cycle! lol

noasaint - We are totally much stronger than the men! lol

Honeycheeks - you're right, I feel blessed to have been this lucky. It doesn't mean it was easy, the failed IUI attempts and the long wait took their toll emotionally, but now I can look back with a rosy glow and say it was all worth it. I am hoping so hard that you all join me soon xxx

drsquid- i wont be too far behind. I went in for my bloods today and will probably starts stims tomorrow after the baseline scan.

Stinas- Sending prayers your way. I totally agree, OHs are not so great at going through such things, they are sweet little things who look so sad and confused with a little mess in their lives, not to mention something like this. Yay! we are on the same cycle.

littleangel- you have been so wonderful in supporting us on this forum.

Aleja- hope AF shows soon.
Sheri - you look like a busy lady, put your legs up and get some rest.

noasaint- it is a shame that your mom isnt beign. It surely must be hard on you to say no to taking care of your mom and still having to take care of yourself, and also FIL being around. I am sure you are going to find a smart way of hiding the needles and medicines. I hope it is all not taking a toll on you emotionally. We are on the same cycle too i guess.

honey= yay. i like the stims. i feel better on them than i did on femara and def better than lupron

noasaint- im sorry too about your mom. this stuff is hard enough without support

afm- my belly looks horrible all covered in bruises. not sure which one is doing it. menopur hurt again this am. got all freaked out last night that maybe i was supposded to decrease my lupron dose and stupid nurse didnt tell me . emailed doc at 4am but still havent heard back. we will see..

drsquid- it is lovely that you are feeling good on stims, sorry about the bruised belly though. I really hope you are not doing the wrong dose. Doing wrong medications can be scary. I hope you get a reply from your doctors office soon.

AFM- I had my baseline ultrasound and blood work done. All looks good. Starting stims from tomorrow. I will be on 75 units of Gonal F. I am so excited about starting stims.

Honey - Yay! Your finally on the highway! lol How exciting!

Honey - Yay! Your finally on the highway! lol How exciting!

Yes, I am excited. But my FS prescribed a very low dose for me, I hope i do get stimulated enough with that dosage and not have to cancel the cycle. I start my shots today. Hoping that everything goes well
DH is freaked out about having to do the shots at home.

Edit: Headaches yet again :cry:

Good luck honeycheeks
I'm my opinion low stims is good as they can let the follies build steadily rather than in full force plus you are so tiny so I guess they are being precautionary.

Me: AF is still missing.. *sigh*

my doc started me on menopur 150 in the am, and gonal at 225 pm. plus lupron 10. had e2 drawn yesterday which was apparently less than 150 (day 4). going back thursday for another e2 and us. the quick scan of the ovaries didnt show dominant follies but i also didnt see that many... grr.

so doc said i could wait til thurs for the us... i of course then panicked that i was messing things up by waiting.. emailed him and asked him if i was messing anything up by doing that etc.. i think i kinda insulted him. he wrote back that my e2 was in good range, that he didnt see any dominant follicles on the sono and that he wouldnt do anything that would jeopardize my care. so umm. yay =) today hopefully i get my car back from the shop. gotta run out at work to do the car exchange (and flirt with the adorable but way too young car rental guy... nice full on irish accent) and then flirt with the car repair guy (gorgeous tall, dimpled chinese guy). almost makes up for having to spend all kinds of money on car repair. im still all icky crampy from yesterday but some is gas (oops too many cherries).

hope everyone is well

Did my first shot today, though i felt a bit queasy about poking myself, but it wasnt just as bad as i imagined. I felt like a murderer trying to stab someone(myself) haha, it felt funny doing it to myself. But it really dint hurt. I cant help getting all excited after these 3 months of not TTC. I know it need not work the first time and can lead to a lot of disappointment if I have my hopes high, but I just help being excited.

Aleja - AF can be so annoying when it doesnt turn up when we want it to. Hope she turns up without trying your patience. Good luck for the next one and sticky baby dust, lots and lots of it :dust: :dust: :dust:

Honeycheeks - yay for being excited! It is exciting, this could be it for you! I don't agree about not letting your hopes get too high, thinking positive can only help. Will you be any less disappointed about a bad outcome if you keep reminding yourself it might not work? Probably not, you'll just have denied yourself some of the fun of being PUPO :flower: Sorry you have more headaches, I hope you start to feel good on the stims soon, like I did.

Aleja -hope AF comes soon for you :hugs:

Drsquid - good luck with your cycle :dust:

LOL @ honeycheeks. I had to laugh at murdering someone thinking about that tiny needle. :)

I'm on a low dose too, only 75iu Gonal-F. I'm a slow responder but hopefully my RE stays very active in the cycle this time. I think my IUI cancellation could've been prevented had the other REs in the office not been able to make decisions about my meds. Oh well.

Getting anxious, nervous about this process again. The thought of having blood drawn every single day makes me nauseated.

Honey - Dont let yourself down....the docs pretty much know what they are doing. Dont think it wont work...just go with the flow. Its been stressful enough to get to this point...just let it happen on its own now. Be positive!

aleja - I hate waiting for AF...I hope she comes soon for you!

Drsquid - Good luck!!!

noasaint - Good luck too!!!!

I have soo many questions running through my head for thursdays apt. I wonder if they will put me on less meds than normal since i dont really have the fertility issue?

did an us at work today (quick one transabdominal). had about 8 follicles on each side. biggest was about 1.3 the rest were all about 1.. so yay no real dominant one. i was pretty happy. and that was a quick and dirty count. looking forward to thursday. i may take another look at work again tomorrow

noasaint and drquid- good luck. We have some soon to come BFPs in the pipeline.

Stinas - Though you dont have any issues in your body, I would assume your meds wont be a lot different from others. Thats because IVF meds aim to alter the hormone levels in your body or rather stimulate your body to produce more follicles. Normally our body only has one leading follicle which releases an egg. But in IVF we want multiple eggs to give it the best chance. All of the eggs may not even fertilize. Then the best ones that are growing post fertilization will be transferrred back to the uterus. So you want to make sure you have enough eggs to make the best out of an IVF cycle.

littleangel- thank you so much. You made me feel a lot better. In fact I had 2 prior chemical pregnancies and I remember very vividly how excited I was when i knew I was pregnant. I had a lot of symptoms early on and also had cravings. I do know how happy I was to know I was pregnant, though just for a short while.

Aleja- any sign of AF?

Me- Headaches have returned again.Other than that the stims seem like fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->